Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do they not have a /who function in this or is it just impossible to find?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The old Goon Patrol is still around too. I probably have something that can invite to it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, but that's villain side.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

As a Controller it used to be better to go Control when you get the opportunity, since it had no damage reduction while the other 2 roles did. I don't know if that's still the case.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is it not in your Claim Items section?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The only problem is that there's not a whole lot of content in it.

Give me cool costumes to buy, SOE.

Fuzz posted:

I don't even know where that is... I thought they just email you the item.

The one who buys it gets the item, the others get it in item claim.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Of course they never really account for accessories.

Like your weapons need to fit your color scheme, when that can be a bit silly for a gun. Or if your character has a jetpack or some other piece of technology that might not necessarily be colored to your costume.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mover posted:

Is there a way to color customize power effects? I'm pretty sure I saw someone fighting with hand blasts that were orange rather than the blue you start with.

Hand Blast color is based on your power color.

He uses fire.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Watchtower is a big circle too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spaceman Bill posted:

They added energy weapon styles in green (yay) and red (what)

Took them long enough.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

3 isn't a lot.

You could take 5 or 6 at launch.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Looks like yellow energy weapons went up today.

Also blue.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ryoutarou posted:

A question about the new Energy weapon sets... is it only blue or yellow, or do I get to play a Lantern with green constructs and blue/yellow weapons? :smith:

You can't change the colors of the sets, and your Lantern powers remain green or yellow.

But they have a weapon set for green already.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Castor Poe posted:

That's exactly what I'm doing.

I take it they removed them from the PS3 version?

The ring automatically appears on your finger when you have that powerset.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Castor Poe posted:

According to a thread I literally just found on the official forum, it's bug and SOE's TOP MEN are trying to fix it.

For new heroes, or did it just disappear completely?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The content they added drops Green Lantern-ey gear.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is it a Back slot item at least?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fuzz posted:

It's a chest, same as the other coats.

So everyone who uses it looks the same, since it's a giant coat that covers so much of your model.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is the Rage powerset out yet?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Everybody hated Wonder Woman's voice at release, as I recall.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is there any good resource for pictures of costumes from Investigations and stuff, or do people still not care about this game?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The current leader of the Red Lanterns in the comics is Guy Gardner I think, so they can be good guys.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, 3 months is on sale right now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarLocke posted:

I'm hoping the Red Energy Staff looks good, because the staff combos/animations are baller.

Or maybe the shield.

http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Energy

Pictures there.

Shield looks cool. I would have preferred a plain staff, or something less like a mace at least.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

jabro posted:

Wait, I'm about to make my rage guy and was going bow. The arrows aren't red? That is kind of a deal killer. I guess rifle then.

Weapon skins don't change the effects, so energy guns shoot bullets etc.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarLocke posted:

I just realized that the free armory you get from the base tutorial missions is pretty much completely useless unless you shell out for a second one.

Well played, Sony, well played.

It's probably semi-useful for Batman-like roleplayers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It hasn't caught on because DCUO is not popular, and the ones that use cooldown based skills are.

Tera uses action combat, but it's not combo based.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's strange how in a superhero game the dress-up is the weakest part.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Comboing through would require a UI change and the ability to equip every weapon at once.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PC version lets you choose. I assume PS3 would be the same.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DCUO doesn't seem all that restrictive to new players, but once you've subscribed Free mode feels like it's missing a bunch.

I guess that's the ideal setup though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Xaander posted:

So I'm leveling a new duder and uh... Is anyone else just not getting quests? Last time I played (admittedly a while ago) I had a few quests going at once between metropolis and Gotham. Now I have one quest at a time, and Oracle gives me one when I finish the last. I'm 27 and at haven't gotten Atlantis quests, for example, as well as a lot of other ones.

That's how it works now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They did what? How does that work?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh. The post made it sound like they merged the 3 travel powers somehow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's the character creator. If they had made a more elaborate one people would still be playing.

They'd never leave Brainiac's ship but they'd be logged on making costumes for hours.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarLocke posted:

It's also the ridiculous post-30 grind, doing the same instances over and over and over and over with the frankly toxic as all hell playerbase.

Yeah, the endgame won't keep people playing their high levels and the boring costume creator (and non-global unlock system) doesn't keep them making alts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

So hey, this game is now on XBox. So I downloaded it.

Does anybody still play this?

Doesn't matter much if they do, they can't play with you unless they're also on Xbox.

• Locked thread