Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Fraternal twins are iirc not an uncommon result of IVF/test tube baby treatments iirc due to how they work. There's a few reasons he could have had two, maybe not on purpose but he decided to roll with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Fraternal twins are iirc not an uncommon result of IVF/test tube baby treatments iirc due to how they work. There's a few reasons he could have had two, maybe not on purpose but he decided to roll with it.

Unlike normal IVF, he was controlling every aspect of the process, including building an artificial womb with space for two babies. Do you think Doc would bother with that if he didn't have to?

It's also possible he decided to make two just in case one came out wrong.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

I am in hospital recovering from an appendectomy and had to stop reading the interview part way because my laughing was painful. Bless you Doc and Jackson. May you keep making stuff i can enjoy even if it isn't VB.

Ow.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

runwiled posted:

I am in hospital recovering from an appendectomy and had to stop reading the interview part way because my laughing was painful. Bless you Doc and Jackson. May you keep making stuff i can enjoy even if it isn't VB.

Ow.

Get well soon, Venturoo!

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Interview rules.Surely there's some rich fan out there who's willing to finance a season 8. Definitely seems like it's gonna be years if at all given the answer they give to "hey could Venture Bros come back as a comic or something else".

What kinda of capitol would be needed to publish to YouTube?
Doc and Jackson don't do the animating, so that would need farmed out. I'm so far removed I couldn't even pretend to guess a number.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

deong posted:

What kinda of capitol would be needed to publish to YouTube?
Doc and Jackson don't do the animating, so that would need farmed out. I'm so far removed I couldn't even pretend to guess a number.

someone call Spike from Iron Circus

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Unlike normal IVF, he was controlling every aspect of the process, including building an artificial womb with space for two babies. Do you think Doc would bother with that if he didn't have to?

It's also possible he decided to make two just in case one came out wrong.

An heir and a spare.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

From watching a clip last night I realized that Grover Cleveland's Time Machine storyline took place so far along the VB storyline Doc just called Monarch 'Malcolm'
I also realized that Dr Killinger was not a guy impersonating Kissinger, he actually was Kissinger in the VB story. He made a throwaway comment about Nixon. (He is like ze proud papa). I know he's a villain enabler but I didn't think he was THAT bad.
It also never occurred to me that the blastoff from the poop rocket killed all the tunnel orphans.
Also: Dragoon was loving BUILT in the 10 seconds his whole body was on screen. Or that the bird shot accidentally in the last ep with the sovereign actually was the sovereign.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

He gave Nixon his first power tie

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
you just know he never even told anyone about the vh1 tunnel people. just welded that thing shut and moved on, who has time for that.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

uber_stoat posted:

you just know he never even told anyone about the vh1 tunnel people. just welded that thing shut and moved on, who has time for that.

It's a Venture tradition!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

uber_stoat posted:

My persistent memory from that episode was White holding the hastily-made "John 3:16" sign as the ICBM launched.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

My persistent memory from that episode was White holding the hastily-made "John 3:16" sign as the ICBM launched.

"I'm a trapped in a sewer with a confessed arsonist, Brock!"

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
He keeps saying he's the "fire starter...."

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

It's kinda sad that Doc doesn't want to be a bad person but is incapable of being a good person.
But those blue glasses were just a bad fashion choice on Killinger's part.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

One of my favorite Venture moments is in that episode and describes Rusty so well.

Am I a, a bad person?

What the hell just happened Doc?!

Brock, I need to know!

Eeeeehhhhhh?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

That having been said, all those college interns mutating and Rusty exploiting it in 'What color is your clean suit' is one of those things that would be awful even by villain standards.
Easily the worst thing that Rusty ever did. Worse than the circumstances behind Dermott's birth. Worse than using an orphan's heart for the joy can (and seriously that is some magic bullshit. How was Rusty super scienceing an orphan's heart?)

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They knew the risks

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

ChrisBTY posted:

Worse than using an orphan's heart for the joy can (and seriously that is some magic bullshit. How was Rusty super scienceing an orphan's heart?)

He didn't use all of it!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Well, all of the orphan.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Well we're all monsters anyway considering how everything has a soul according to henchman 24. Although he was probably a delusion.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

THIS MACHINE IS POWERED BY A FORSAKEN CHILD?!?!?!

Crazy to think how often they knocked it out of the thr park in Season 1.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Gaius Marius posted:

They knew the risks

I don't think they did.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

I don't think they did.

They signed the forms

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Besides, it worked out well for most of them. They returned to normal and forgot they ate people.

With the only side effect being a feeling that something untoward happened.

In the Venture universe that's a pretty good outcome.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

limp_cheese posted:

One of my favorite Venture moments is in that episode and describes Rusty so well.

Am I a, a bad person?

What the hell just happened Doc?!

Brock, I need to know!

Eeeeehhhhhh?

Dammit... is there a "post/avatar" SA idiom for when someone makes a post like this and your avatar and custom text is what I have over to the left?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

tarlibone posted:

Dammit... is there a "post/avatar" SA idiom for when someone makes a post like this and your avatar and custom text is what I have over to the left?

I use and see "post/av combo" a bunch.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Gaius Marius posted:

They knew the risks

Mmhm, mmhm. Would you like a liniment? A balm? Perhaps, a salve?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

theflyingexecutive posted:

I use and see "post/av combo" a bunch.
I think what they mean is you say that when somebody says something that makes sense given their avatar, but this is the opposite: somebody quotes your avatar and you want to geek out about it without being weird.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

limp_cheese posted:

Besides, it worked out well for most of them. They returned to normal and forgot they ate people.

With the only side effect being a feeling that something untoward happened.

In the Venture universe that's a pretty good outcome.

Thanks to Sheila. Y'know, I feel like much like Rusty has the potential but not the desire to be a great villain, she could have been an excellent hero, it was just the Guild that snapped her up first.

Vord
Oct 27, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

Would you tell people about flash fried corpses under your house?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Thanks to Sheila. Y'know, I feel like much like Rusty has the potential but not the desire to be a great villain, she could have been an excellent hero, it was just the Guild that snapped her up first.

The definition of lawful evil

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Can I just say how much I just loving love Sheila's entire loving arc, I mean, my god. What a loving legend

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

tarlibone posted:

You should ask are you me?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Sheila is hyper competent and probably could succeed at whatever she wanted to do.

That having been said. The council of 13 could probably use some diversity though. One Asian, one woman, one and a half red people (I mean literally red people, Red Death and Radical Left) and the rest is white dudes. I think. Was Phage white? Dot Matrix for Co13. Also Think Tank if and when he gets better but he probably has some arching to get out of his system first.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Mar 2, 2024

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That rubbed me the wrong way, 'cause she's in the right, but they flirted with that whole 90s comedy straw feminist thing.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i love Purple Rose.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Same, yeah, it seemed unlike them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

She's extremely competent and I think that goes well with being on either side, but her personality meshes so well with villainy that I think "hero sheila" would probably choose to switch sides eventually