Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
I think it's a case of the cartoon being basically 1:1 with Rusty's life.

Just like 'Action Johnny' - the joke is that the stuff in the cartoon REALLY DID HAPPEN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

TontoCorazon posted:

I pretty much sound like a broken record but Ghosts of the Sargasso will always be the best for introduction. It pretty much showcases the characters personalities and its funny as poo poo to boot.

Seeing Brock brutally injure a guy by beating him with his friend via butt connection will never leave my mind as one of the greatest things I have ever seen on a television.

I paused it once and the view was everything I had dreamed of. :allears:

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

WAR FOOT posted:

I got really excited when I read 'Melbourne', because I wrongly assumed it would be the capital of Victoria, Australia. Now I'm sad. :(

You and me both. :negative:

The Antipop posted:

You could try contacting these people: http://www.famousfacesandfunnies.com/ I believed they organized the showing here and there were plenty of leftover prints at the end. The worst they can do is say no.

Me too. However I don't like my chance - being an Ausgoon.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Morozko posted:

So sneek peek!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c65QZHx4iYo

Any ideas on what Dean is going to with that thing of gasoline?

"Cosmic Rays!"

"-meemeemeemeemeemee..."

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Guys, remember how the Venture Brothers handles loose plot threads that people keep asking about.

"Sandow! Ya broke it!"

"She started hanging out with the preppies and is now in rehab somewhere in Florida."

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I always figured they'll make this a throwaway joke somewhere around the last episode.

Same with Monarch/Venture. It'll be some tiny slight that Doc doesn't even remember.

Kano offered him a peanut. He choked to death.

The Monarch tried out for the cheerleading squad. Rusty laughed and said it was lame.

Myra used to be a man.

...and so concludes, THE VENTURE BROTHERS!

Edit: I am honestly imagine Doc at a conveNtion, holding a script at penpoint manically screaming "I'LL DO IT - GO AHEAD, ASK ABOUT KIM, ASK ABOUT JONAS SENIOR, SEE WHAT HAPPENS!."

And then Kim turns out to be Jonas Senior.

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 3, 2013

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Sash! posted:

They always intended to have the Orb be broken. When it shows Sandow "kill" Colonel Venture, the sound effect is breaking glass.

Strange, that's not what they explained at Comic Con in 2012. :haw:

Edit: Jokes aside, they are very clear on how they respond to people over thinking stuff. Usually, they take a dump on it - in extreme cases they dedicate an entire episode to answering the question and letting it die. The entire 'Invisible Hand of Fate' episode was born from them both musing about how annoying it was that people weren't happy with Billy not knowing where his robohand came from, and how people weren't happy with the 3 explanations for Phantom Limb's Limbs in Victor. Echo. November.

C'mon guys, he was a magician and his arms are on the moon. :colbert:

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jun 3, 2013

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Dear everyone in the thread right now: I dislike you for being able to watch it while I am stuck at work.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Remember that post I made about how Operation P.R.O.M was suspiciously full of success for a show about failure? Yeah well this episode, with it's after-prom start up managed to nail every success story.

Brock didn't get the closure he needed from Molotov.

Gary didn't get to enjoy his new found life in the SPHINX club.

Hatred didn't get his Apache flower back.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

OGS-Remix posted:

Well Dean still felt empowered enough to tell the Outrider to go gently caress himself. That's kind of a win right? :unsmith:

Not just once - But twice!

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

QuarkJets posted:

Wasn't Saint Cloud the guy in "Tag Sale, you're it!" who got all excited when he found a box of girly mags?

"Our very own Sarah Meeshell GellARR."

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

theflyingexecutive posted:

And best of all, they won't listen to a single one of your chair suggestions.

And it will be for the best.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Well I imagine people who can VIEW cartoon network, will do so.

The people who can't, will eschew downloading the show to watching it on youtube, and bam - ad revenue. Imagine if they advertised the shirts on there.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Reset Smith posted:

I thought he mutated them from exposure to the radiation from the Paleoman Project?

Then why didn't the cure-o-flies make them vanish?

Maybe the name 'Courtney' has a deeper meaning... :eng101:

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

X_Toad posted:

Aren't giant squids supposed to be part of a sperm whale's diet, rather than a predator?

I am also generally sure sperm whales don't eat robots.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Me and a friend watch episodes together over Google Hangouts, and seeing him laugh as hard as I did at Venturesteins "BAH-MAN!!" was solid gold.

"BAH-MAN!"

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Also, that Atlantean-esque fishman on the boat was one of the obligatory fill-in lame supervillains at some point, right? He looked super familiar but I'm not sure from where.

Probably Hatred's dinner party.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

GD_American posted:

I wish the new t-shirt was that flag logo, because it rocks better than the Che parody

I really wanted the U.R.G.H flag on a shirt.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

If you want to overthink the whole thing, It's kind of funny that his full name is technically 'Courtney Hate', an interesting spin on 'Courtney Love'.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

DIEGETIC SPACEMAN posted:

Still don't smoke!

...Cigar?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

I know I'll never see it, but I would love some twist that reveals the monarch killed 24 and it results in Gary finding a loophole that allows him to arch the Monarch, and the Monarch ends up begging Rusty to help him deal with the very real threat of...THE VICEROY.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

I hope with every fibre of my being this reveal turns out to be so incredibly depressing that all the theory sperges cry themselves to sleep.

Something as basic as 'Jonas Snr. and the Monarch family where friends before the plane crash.' Nothing more. No brothers, no genetic clones, no slave babies - just another broken orb.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

My guess (which I'm sure someone else made in the past 400+ posts I haven't read) is that The Monarch will be Rusty's *half-brother* because Jonas Sr. had his parents over for a key party.

Absolutely. Was it ever assumed Dr.Quym was Rustys half sister?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The show's title, 'Venture Brothers' has always referred to Rusty and the Monarch. Dun dun duuuun.*

*Edit: This is what conspiracy theorists actually believe.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

I loved the line from Hatred about how the Monarch would just steal crap from him, and paint it yellow.

He wasn't reverse engineering the stuff or anything, literally just ripping it off and using it himself. I can imagine him doing his amazing "MINIONS! Hurry up and finish painting the acid magnet, I don't want Venture thinking it belongs to Seargent Haych-face."

On a similar vein, I'd love a flashback episode about Hatred back in his glory days of arching, when there was 'More hate in the ol' hate tank.'

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Side note: When I saw the driver of the truck at the start, for a second my heart leapt as I thought it was Manic Eightball.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

Dibs on the Hatred vomiting one.

Awe dang it - I wasn't home yet!

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

I can't believe people still expect massive show changing twists from the same people that brought you 'O.R.B.'

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

LividLiquid posted:

Victor Echo November?

The ep with the boys' double date with Kim and Triana?

Absolutely. The entire episode is chock full of character interactions, and Brock naked and covered in blood is a highlight of the entire show.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > The Venture Brothers Season V: Molostro. Or do you prefer Monstrotov?

-or-

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > The Venture Brothers Season V: Colossal Clusterfudge

Also, that was Bill Hader as Headshot, I am sure of it.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

jscolon2.0 posted:

Was there an explanation for no Mile High?

Character bloat.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Here's hoping they are 'Old OSI' characters, so they can show up in a flashback at some point.

TANK TOP: THE UNTOLD ORIGIN.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Speed Crazy posted:

Tank Top is my new favorite small character since BRIIIICK FROG. All in all, it was a great episode

God I hope he comes back in some capacity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81vLH7ITNbE

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Sash! posted:

Killermanjaro!

Thanks for reminding me of this awesome joke. :allears:

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

I think that's what I love about The Venture Bros - so many of these loose ends are not secret stories that are being hidden from us, they literally do not exist. The untold tale of Myra is not being kept in a secret vault at Astrobase, JP and Doc Hammer have not written anything. The creators of LOST always loved talking about the unsolved secrets and poo poo, but with VB what you are currently seeing is what you get. A twist might come later, but it wasn't premeditated for ages and waved under your nose. You aren't being fooled.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

I have listened to all the commentaries, these guys are winging it and it's awesome.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Also I am generally sure that during the ending to Zeus, you can see St.Cloud in the throng of expectant villains/heros.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The same way that a kid with a stepfather can feel free to say 'YOU AREN'T MY REAL DAD!'

The writing is pretty straight forward, she introduced herself to the boys as their mother, even though they had no reason to believe it was true - hence when her sees her again "I think that's my mom...?"

Cue a few seconds later, she is being batshit again, all the crap from before comes flooding back and Hank rejects the idea that weirdo woman is his Mom.

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 10, 2013

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

echomadman posted:

edit: lol you guys way overthink this poo poo sometimes

We do it ironically to impact the show, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Frostwerks posted:

He was doing it ironically to impact the skull.

Obviously.

twistedmentat posted:

Someday we'll see story about the guy with a plug for a head or the space invaders guy.

The SECRET ORIGIN OF PLUGFACE should be a direct to DVD movie that spans an epic story that ends up have literally nothing to do with The Venture Brothers. The movie ends with the beginning of 'Tag Sale - You're It'.