Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

After 15 years of badgering, my friend who loves oldschool pulp adventure has finally caved and started watching Venture Bros. I am pleased to report that he enjoys it.

I have also caveated that the show evolves quite a lot, and he has taken note.

This has been my wife and I over the past summer. Thankfully the jump to HD is a game-changer.

It's been jarring to go back and watch those first 2 seasons after a long time. I ended up skipping Dia de Los Dangerous and The Incredible Mr. Brisby until later on, and we started with Ghosts of the Sargasso just to get things started on the right foot. In retrospect I think I'd still just skip those again if I was going solo. Additional Monarch characterization and the introduction of Molotov aren't really that impactful later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Sash! posted:

Manstrong himself isn't great

Everything happening around him is great

Who among us does not truly, at their core, hate Phantom Spaceman?

I hate Phantom Spaceman. :mad:

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

My wife and I just watched Arrears in Science for the first time. HOLY poo poo. What an amazing, DENSE 22 minutes.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Eat the pennies, kwizzboiyee

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

LividLiquid posted:

I'm just happy it seems like he was Good Horny.

The rarely-used fourth D&D alignment row, Lawful Horny.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Data Graham posted:

Also you'd probably recognize many of the other movements of Holst's The Planets if you heard them. It's all just so good

Eh, Mars and Jupiter for sure. The other ones aren't nearly as huge in the public conscious.

That said, you'll recognize the tones throughout. John Williams was so inspired by Holst for Star Wars.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Hot dolphin! :haw:

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

There's a sticker in your shirt club package as well, don't lose sight of that. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Wow, this was actually a good show, did anyone notice???

Apparently not enough did :smith: