Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I bought the whole season on YouTube because I'm living in a hotel for the next few months. It's really pretty awesome, but didn't come with the Halloween special :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

It is on itunes.

Oh its on YouTube too, I was just complaining that it didn't come with the season 5 package. Guess I'll have to buy it, too one of these days.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Just watched it, loving loved the episode. :allears:

Totally lost it at:

Brock's kids.
White catching fire in the sun.
The claymation bit, which totally came out of left field and blindsided me. Holy poo poo.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Somehow, Doc gets waxxed. So Dean takes over the mantle of super science and uses the resources available to him at Venture NY to rebuild a cloning facility and clones his father. He unwittingly clones JJ doing this as well, who later makes his way out of Doc again and then takes the company back :v:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

:riker: Should we tell them we were naked in the hot tub?
:troi: We were naked in the hot tub.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Kesper North posted:

My understanding is we get all eight episodes at midnight on January 31.

Oh poo poo, seriously?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

So I'm gonna just bail in on 5k unread posts.

Holy poo poo the new season is in like 5 days!!!

As I haven't really been keeping up to date, are they doing another t-shirt club or anything? I still sleep in my old OSI shirt, its comfy as gently caress.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Pershing posted:

Titmouse has made noises to the effect of "yes, details shortly".

That OSI shirt makes for the best gym shirt...I loving love lifting in that thing.

Fuckin awesome, can't wait.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

socialsecurity posted:

You have this backwards cg from home is way way cheaper then 2d animation

I'm just imaging folks at home hand drafting ancient animation cells and feeding them through scanners into dropbox.

S08E01/scene 1/frame 10312 v4.5 final final final.bmp

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

According to the guys that run the BaM youtube channel (one of which is a goon that works on Rick and Morty), animation is mostly done on computer now. Based on the stuff they are able to do from their homes for Youtube, I'd figure that the work done in the US on animated shows could be done from home. That just leaves the issue of the rest of the work that gets done from Korea. As long as the render farm can be kept running, 3D animation is probably easier to do assuming that everyone has computers capable of doing it.

As an aside, I wonder if this pandemic will lead to a shift of people just working from home more often and offices starting to go to the wayside. Aside from in person meetings, a lot of what people do can be done on a computer anywhere as long as you can connect to a VPN to transfer files. Aside from classified government stuff, there's no real need to keep everyone in the same building.

But how will the boss wander through the cube farm with a cup of coffee and ensure the peons are working and not shirking?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I for one am a huge fan of SPANAKOPITA!!!

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

Idk a weather machine seems very climatic to me

Booooo.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Warbird posted:

Nah, they’re just going to start work on the next season and it’ll just come out then anyway.

Accurate.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Khanstant posted:

I keep forgetting to finish it but yeah probably the only Batman cartoon I've liked since the 90s one

Same here

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

they hinted at starting the shirt club again. nothing concrete.

My gf will be so mad if I get another shirt club subscription.

Despite stealing my worn in and comfy as gently caress OSI shirt to sleep in.

What I'm saying is they need to do another shirt club

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

deong posted:

I loved that the first bit is all Bowie lines.

I’m happy. Hope you’re happy, too. I’ve loved all I needed to love.

It's such a good intro.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

For real my old shirt club shirts are among the most comfortable shirts I've ever owned.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I want to say that Gargantua 2 and the Halloween Special are included as part of certain seasons on Amazon but I could be entirely wrong, no clue about YouTube.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I read that they had problems coming up with parody characters because when they researched it they'd find it was too similar to an existing character.

A friend of mine is a big GI Joe fan and former combat engineer and we've spent countless hours ripping on how little sense some of the franchise makes as well as figuring out what the GI Joe versions of some of the less prolific trades are. Like there has to be a whole logistics, admin, and/or support section with names like "Red Tape", "Spreadsheet", and "Bin Rat".

Don't forget "SlideShow" who everyone despises seeing for their quarterly refresher training

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Oh nice! I finally snagged a new shirt, thanks everyone.

Sadly they're sold out of the classic V on the globe design, I love that one.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

gently caress YES I finally got the V globe logo shirt. Thanks for posting!

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

ChrisBTY posted:

The show ran for 15-20 years depending on if the movie counts and only had 7 seasons to its name. The incredibly slow turnaround probably had no small part in its demise either.
Look at it this way; it didn't stick around long enough to become the villain.

"Only" 7 seasons, but each of those was high grade poo poo. I'll take this or the british model of short seasons/not many of them if it means shows don't jump the shark/run themselves into the ground/flanderize everyone.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Yeah I know for a fact that probably a majority of the references in the show fly right over my head but that's fine I'm not an indie music afficinaido and the show is funny as hell regardless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Yeah that wasn't in reference to Duran Duran specifically. I only vaguely knew who Depeche Mode were the first time I watched Tag Sale, so let's go with that. :effort: