Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Preem Palver posted:

I thought the Monarch said it was him during the Shallow Gravy special?

I think he was just referring to the fact that he set the bomb. He couldn't have detonated it because he was vomiting though the skies while the detonator was still on his throne.

Can anyone remember what Dr Girlfriend's confession was at the end of season two / start of season three? Because I've seen it four times now and still don't get what it was meant to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Didn't Kano kill Jonas Sr. because he tried to discover what ORB was? Same as Sandow, same as Brock was meant to do but eventually didn't need to. Brock asked Kano if he did and Kano refused to answer, so it was heavily implied if nothing else. But Kano was a mute before then, so who knows.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Oh Snapple! posted:

For some reason my favorite moment is still "...Marzipan?" "Tarzipan." The delivery kills me every time.

"You and your Guild can go screw. Ten years of payin' dues and what do they do to keep me out of here when I got caught!?!"
"Oh, what could we do? You eviscerated and sodomized Vince Neil on national television."
"Hey, I only sodomized half of him! They wanted The Surreal Life, K.G. GAVE it to 'em!"

Also:

"I'm only gonna say this once. I don't like you two, and if you ever - EVER - try to give me an order again, I will kill you both and feed your tiny, rotting bodies to the neighborhood dogs! ...Now, what were you saying?"
"Er...have a nice walk?"

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Speaking of, where are we with the Halloween special twist? The new season obviously started just after Operation P.R.O.M., but are the current episodes before or after Dean found out about being a clone?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Episode 6 is still up on the UK iTunes store, so if anyone has access to a non-US store you might still be in luck for snaffling the episode early.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Dracula Factory posted:

Having marathoned season 2 in both ways, I think that the bleeping is funnier.
I'm a big fan of Aqua Teen bleeps, where they throw in any random sound that covers the swearing without being obviously out of place (doorbell, horn, etc). Regular bleeps irritate the hell out of me, and any "extended bleep RANDOM WORD! extended bleep RANDOM WORD!" segments should be purged from the world with fire and the life of the producer's first born.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It's the return of the Revenge Society, after a whole season away! :dance:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm ready, for now at least. I mean, surely season 6 will be just around the corner after this season finale finally airs, right? 2016 tops.

Oh, to be young and naive again. :allears: So full of hope. So full of trust.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Pope Guilty posted:

Anybody know when/if it'll be online? I'd like to watch it again.

e: Oh hey, here it is.

I just got around to watching it and holy moley was that worth waiting for.

On the downside, Adult Swim is blocking the episode on their site outside of the US for copyright reasons. On the plus side, their copyright blocker is so utterly, hilariously crap that I got around it using Ad Blocker.

Anyway, roll on season six! I did feel season five dragged a teeny bit compared to previous seasons, so a change of venue should shake things up nicely.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Phylodox posted:

I watched it on my phone no problem and I live in Quebec. Maybe phones are a blind spot.

I'm in the UK, so a bit further afield; that's probably why.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Dr. Mrs The Monarch is great, but I'm hoping she picks up a new supervillain name in the new season. She's outgrown the name entirely by this point, and it would hurt The Monarch's ego even more as she continues to overtake him.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The way I see it, I'm going to get all the Ventures Brothers there was ever going to be in my lifetime, having large breaks between seasons is pretty much the same as the length of time between movies, plus it keeps the good times rolling longer, so why even care about the hiatus? It's all the better for the polish anyway.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

So where would I go if I wanted to liven up my walls with a Venture Brothers poster? All I can find are knockoffs on Etsy.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

We still have the masked Dr Venture (or possible lookalike, or something else) yet to be introduced, any idea on what that was about yet?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

prefect posted:

When the missile launched, that almost certainly incinerated anyone down there. Or most of them, at least.

I'm pretty sure it showed then being enveloped by white-hot rocket flames. They were literally right next to it!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

But there isn't a joke!

The scenes go

Character says something awkward
everyone stands around uncomfortably
next scene.

Unless the joke is that there is no joke, like some koan.

You're basically right, but this is why I love those shows. There aren't really any jokes, it's purely down to the delivery and the pacing of each line and how they carry these idiotic situations being funny in itself.

And you're also right in saying that it really isn't for everyone. I however would sell a kidney for more Sealab and Harvey Birdman.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I introduced five people with a double whammy of Escape to the House of Mummies and Ghosts of the Sargasso aaaaand... No dice.

They laughed several times, for sure, but sweet lord in heaven, this show is a hard sell. I honestly think the best way might just be to pencil in a few hours, get in some beers and rinse the first season.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The change of venue is looking like it was a very, very good choice. So many good clips, so much that's new. So much hype I can hardly contain. :psyduck:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I've managed to get a friend into Venture Bros, and he's on track to catch up in time for season six; I think the last episode he watched was The Lepidopterists. Finally, a success!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I have a £10 Sabatier and it's seen me through thick and thin for years. Love that knife.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

prefect posted:

He seemed to be walking away (well, driving away) until the Monarch's car blew up on him. I think he'd made that decision before getting to the Helicarrier.

He literally says "I'd rather just quit", walks away, then when Doc asks him to help clear up he says "I said I quit!" and continues walking. He very unambiguously quits before the car explodes, let alone before he reaches the helicarrier.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

If that's true then boy am I glad I took the 1st of Feb off work.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The Sovereign was trying to escape from the mess he'd created anyway, so even if he was alive, why would he ever turn up again?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The final scene between Hunter and Treister is heart breaking. :( Watching him pass on the OSI to Hunter gets me every single time.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Just caught up with the new episode and I'm off to watch it again. God it's good to have the half Swedish, quarter Polish, quarter Winnebago murder machine back where he belongs.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 3, 2016

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

When Brock asks Kano if he killed Jonas Venture Senior in season three, Kano goes silent again. I guess it could be that he just didn't want to say who he actually killed, but there's no reason in that case why he wouldn't just clarify that he didn't kill Jonas to Brock. That moment would be a little odd if it turns out he killed someone else.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Cojawfee posted:

It's still not up on amazon. I'm going to be pretty peeved if I have to start downloading the episodes despite already paying for the whole season.

Amazon UK is only up to Season 4 and the Microsoft Store doesn't seem to have any episodes at all. I'm going to see if I can buy through Microsoft, but I'll probably be hit by overseas charges, because everything in life blows.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Capn Beeb posted:

As great as this season has been, I still miss Triad antics :(

In fairness, I can see why they aren't turning up. This season is dense and I can't see any opportunity for them to make an appearance that wouldn't be a brief cameo that feels tacked on. Maybe next season.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Pope Guilty posted:

Not only has Amazon not added the new episode to my library, they're offering to sell it to me in SD for $1.99 and saying

I am getting seriously frustrated with how useless they've been in this. Nothing about this should be the least difficult.

e: Now they are offering to sell me the HD version for $2.99. This is... progress? Kind of?

Aaaaannnnd now it's available to me. I'm unclear as to why that took twelve and a half hours.

At least you have the option of buying it. I still can't find a UK provider that has season 6, and trying to buy off Microsoft's US store has left me £15 down and unable to watch it; the free previews play on the desktop Films & TV app but don't even show up on the exact same app on my Windows phone. Amazon is up to season 4 and iTunes is up to season 5.

I mean I try to buy things when I can, but what options do I have here? It's nonsense.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

LashLightning posted:

A moment of silence for Think Tank. :(

I mean, what other show introduces two interesting villains, fleshes them out nicely then murders them both in one 20 minute episode?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Maybe we'll get a montage like when they showed the boys getting killed over and over.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Nah, Watch and Ward are good lieutenants; you need someone below the ones giving the orders who know how to actually carry them out.

Also I worked out how to get videos purchased in the US Microsoft store to play on my UK desktop, turns out you just change the region in settings, so I am on board with the season pass now.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Mar 1, 2016

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Oh poo poo, I didn't notice that Hank was the waiter pouring Wide Wale's wine.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Think Tank and Battleaxe wouldn't be dead if the Blue Morpho hadn't killed Harangutang in the first place and set off the chain of events that results in their deaths, so she can still blame him for it.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Mar 2, 2016

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

My honest prediction is that the Blue Morpho 'dies' in the same kind of dumb accident that has killed off all the others (possibly taking Wide Wale with him? That's just spitballing though) with the Monarch making it out with the same dumb luck that's got him through being the Blue Morpho thus far. He crawls back into bed just in time for Dr. Mrs. to come in and tell him that he just won't believe the day she's had. Cue credits, stinger involving the Ventures or other non-Monarch character, season over.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm pretty sure The Venture Bros got renewed for seasons six and seven at the same time. Considering how well the current season has been received, I don't think it's going to go anywhere or have the plug pulled for a long time yet.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Which will come in the form of a ten minute webisode.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Will it be out in time for Christmas, or is this following the show's schedule of 'probably some time next year, maybe'?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Was Warsaw Gecko even named? I seem to remember him being in the background and people working out what he was from the shell suit and reptile hood. I can't find any reference to the name after a quick google search, at any rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Yeah, but it's broken, so they were just pretending.