Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

NextTime000 posted:

Well, there kind of is, but I think they are close to member cap (team member cap can be increased by leveling up the team, but they are more than likely at the team level cap by now) and with the sudden influx of incoming goons I don't want all of them spamming the one guy I had previously referred everyone to.

I sure would like to know what this super secret team you're referring to is, and why they have all the goons that could be joining us instead.

I am the leader of Nol Vacancy, the original Ship 2 goon team made several months ago. Thanks to the efforts of like... one guy running team orders on and off the past few months, we have reached team level 2 and already have a team room... which isn't much at all sadly. We technically have 26 members, but really it's just Chibs, and I'm just saying that cause he's the only one who was on the registry from this team, I can't even call myself an active member anymore.

This is going to be an absolute mess if we don't decide early on what team to join, cause so far we already have 3 goon teams with only about 5 people recently seen between all of them, and several other goons just scattered about.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 07:39 on May 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

NextTime000 posted:

I forget why people left Nol Vacancy to begin with, I almost want to say that there were no officers around to invite new people or something, but I was never in Nol myself so I can't say for sure.

That's certainly not the case, literally every member was an officer, or at least at last time I messed with it months ago. I think it was just because everyone involved kinda quit playing at once, and people who don't play can't invite.

Also, I'm very unreliable when it comes to this game, so if someone at least semi-serious wants to take the reigns of this team away from me, I'd be more than happy, because I'm not really fit to lead it anymore

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Can you only be invited into a group? You can't like, search for one and apply like WOW or TERA or whatever? If that's the case, could someone please invite me? My info's in the spreadsheet.

Yeah, someone has to physically meet you to invite you in, so you have to be online and reachable in some way.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Fawf posted:

Well, gently caress. Today I installed the Windows 8.1 preview and now my computer blows up whenever Game Guard starts to run. I know I'm probably out of luck but is there anything I could possibly do? I've already tried a fresh install. I was about to have time to actually play some PSO and now I'm probably stuck until some Windows update months down the line fixes whatever compatibility issue there is.

GameGuard is a picky little princess and often deems your game unplayable for whatever reason. You can delete the GameGuard folder and GameGuard.des in the PSO2 install and force it to redownload itself, which sometimes gives it the kick it needs to wisen up and let you through. Though, playing with an experimental OS update that it most likely doesn't actually support doesn't really do you any favors.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Alright, we're at capacity so we're going to have to cull pretty much most of the old members except the two that actually have shown up recently. The following player IDs have been affected:

MonopolyM
headcat
Sushi D
Tavistock
Elliotw2
Justicechi
Sun Tzulander
Dryzen
sandb
UScr00ge
OG Mike V
pil
Karona
Zand
Gully Foyle
Kirin70
2bad

If your player ID is on this and you want back in, just contact someone already in it. This is just in case I accidentally got someone who still plays.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Alright, another wave of culling from the team has happened, the following account names have been affected:

rustyshakleford
Varrack
ScatmanJ0hn
Pointsman
Cerulark
Chilled Glass
pancakemonster
Tegiminis
Visceras
Hivac
MusicIsMath
gageblan
BlazinZero
FunnyFatGuy

As before, you can contact someone and get back in anytime if you were removed by mistake.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Alright, going to be doing a slightly early session of culling inactives from the team. I'm almost certain that I'm going to end up nicking someone by mistake here, so please let us know if you/someone you know were cut by mistake. The game account IDs affected by this wave are:

Sonny Cheebah
Kevlar Beard
N.E.R.D.S.
SA_Dizz
Burdman
Scher
Cream Collector (sorry bro, you've been gone for a while.)
Mubcrab
shinyehx
BUSTAMOVEMAXIMO

As always, anyone's welcome to come back, this is just to keep slots open for recruits.

Also, it would be great if we got more people doing team orders so we can start getting our photon tree upgraded into something that isn't largely useless. I understand there hasn't been much motivation for it, especially now when we're rushing to establish brand new characters or training up braver on our existing ones, but every little bit will help.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 27, 2013

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Alright, we're in need of team space so yet another round of inactives, suspected or otherwise, have to be cut. This time will be a little more aggressive, so there might be a few in error here. The following Player IDs have been affected:

Liverslapper
Silenced Parrot
Petey J
Petey (There are two peteys, I don't recall seeing either so if you still play, please contact a regular to get back in.)
Ryokashi
Saganomics
Turkeybro
Clark Mark IV
Death By Karma
Dominic White
Onorai
kirren
kylo
Neonight
Neurolimal
Mazreal
metasynthetic
Newo
blazezero
Lork
Tuxedo Catfish (declared resignation)

As always, you can come back anytime, just gotta keep the ranks open.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 11, 2013

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Alright, finally asked around about the team accessories and apparently we're going to have to pick either the cape or the beret, not both. So, we're going to have to vote during the next day or two on which one, and pick a color that the entire team has to wear it with.

The capes:

Or the berets:

You can pitch other colors if you want, this is just all I had in mind for the previews at this time.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 23, 2013

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Ok, here's how the votes currently lay as far as I understand them:

Capes:

Blue: 7 (1)
Red: 5 (1)
Black: 2
Yellow: 2
Purple: 3
Light blue: 2
Pink: 2

Berets: 3 (including myself :smith:)

Hitlersaurus Rex holds the only red/blue flux vote, and as far as I know, Katsuma and friend's votes are being changed to blue capes. I don't think I really thought the structure of this thing through because it's just all over the place.

Basically, it looks like this is basically a red or blue choice at this point, and blue is winning if HR sticks with blue. Else it just goes back to a tie.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Aug 24, 2013

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Alright, since I've been counting changed votes already, Dawn's changed vote for blue pushes it to winning regardless of the flux vote. So, blue capes it is!

At least, for now, and all that. Since from what I understand we do have to opportunity to change the color of it afterwards for just 2k instead of the 10k points used to initially buy it.

E: I have discovered what the two additional options are after the purchase of the team accessory. For 2k points we can completely change the accessory color and type, so the 10k cost was only one time and we can adjust it for much cheaper.

The second option that costs no points at all is a bit strange, it lets you personally preview any color or accessory type you want, and walk around the team room with it. Sadly, however, this applies to the team room only and will go away once you return elsewhere.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Aug 24, 2013

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

i do cocaine posted:

So is there anyone who still plays this game? I was in Nol Vacancy back when this game was p popular, but I got purged in October. Any of the people I used to play with still play? My SegaID was ShigMan.

Eh? There certainly wasn't any purges in October. In fact, it still shows you as a member of the team in a rather old position, so you never left at all. I guess one would think they got kicked seeing our rather low attendance lately, but it's slowly building up again.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Well, it's that time again, Nol Vacancy has somehow become full again despite not really having anyone playing all that much anymore, so some people are gonna have to get clipped. As before, I'll be listing the account names affected so we can keep track of who got cut.

The following game IDs are affected:
Megas XLR Mk 5
Vince Videogame
TheChimpyMan
Glenn565
AzMiLion
pushbselect
mordrid
snackchan
Shabloimps
ActionSandman
Harukiro
Piers Gatrie
General Morden
Ragnamuffin
Mars Volta
knowbee
Melomelon
Jana

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Oh, that's lame. Are they strictly necessary in any manner, then? Having to break up my group to have everyone do a singleplayer quest sounds kinda lame.

Unless you're intent on playing through the story/matter board, they are completely not necessary to the core gameplay.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Alright, seems it's time for another Nol Vacancy inactive casualty report, as we need to make more space in the team, the affected game IDs are the following:

c-box_sa
ZeroGaia
ShigMan
Triclops
Jehuti
arronaka
Insgenericname
Zerowrath
Zeratanis
Saganomics
RaveKap
Nath2
Bad Parenting
Hideo Kojima
3 Red Seconds
Radicalysmic
Your_Mom
Kiyanis
Dubsteppin
Sovietboat

As always, this game does not give us a clean "last online" stat to look at so we gotta determine long inactives by guesswork, any person on this list is welcome to come back (excluding one person that can't even see this list anymore) if you were accidentally kicked.

And with that, we have plenty of space for goons on Ship 2 to come and join up with us. maybe even bring your friends, too, since we got plenty of space to go around if we need it.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Team inactive purge time again, you know the drill. Affected Player IDs:

Akrisa
Laksa2
Koushiro
VarXX
Dryzen
Hivac
Drythe
Alistera
Edoraz
Koveras
GravityWorks
4thgen
TheSmilingCat
FadedDave
デジダルがん
Codeh-Khan
DieBlau

Can always come back whevever. Maybe the cuts wouldn't be so scattershot if Sega would gave us a drat "last online" stat to refer to.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Shady3011 posted:

Just a heads up that DDoS compensation has to be claimed before the July 16th maintenance.

Why do I get the feeling we'll be conveniently locked out of the game until after that date? I guess if it comes down to the wire we'll have to use a VPN to get online to claim it.

They should have delayed the AC scratch another week because who's going to be around to get it this week? Anyways, can any of the lucky ones that can actually connect confirm whether or not the Orthrus Mk.2 / *オルトロスMk.2 camo is mechgun only or also doubles as a rifle camo?

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jul 3, 2014

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Another round of semi-blind inactive cuts because Sega can't be assed to give us a last online feature to make this much more simple, expect some accidentals cause we're cutting wide and deep into the back stock this time.

Affected player IDs are:
Lunimeow
Eskra
tsukoka
Emalde
Mihri
Xenorax
Luminaflare
RevusHarkings
Chibs
Limitality
Cream Collector
GTAF
Giggily
Grithok
PowerfulTofu
Stormgale
headcat
mightygerm
Scales of Love
Aldis Anselhelm
NightfallGemini
Svartur
BeezyRemhod
Valatar
Sherd Red
Nath2
Agoat

As always, if you're around and got cut accidentally just flag us down in the IRC (#risa)/in-game or send a mail to someone and we'll get you back in, this is just to keep the slots open.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Aug 15, 2014

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Ok apparently we're missing two additional people after that culling happened, any ideas what happened there? Again, all these cuts are for inactivity, just let us know you accidentally got clipped and we'll get you back in at whatever rank you were previously, but the inactivity purges have always been partially lovely guesswork of basically me and whoever else is online at the time when I do it, so it's prone to some mistakes.

E: Disregard, I got the math wrong and the member count wasn't properly updated when I finished, we're not missing any extras.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Not sure I can really do hunter justice seeing as I don't play it seriously but I did like this thing I took:

• Locked thread