Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!
Just pledged at the Dungeon Crawler tier. I've been waiting for something like the old Shandalar MtG game to come out for years, and the PvE in this game sounds exactly like what I've been waiting for. I'm not big on MMOs, and don't see myself doing much/any group raiding or whatever, but being able to play a few games against the AI whenever I want seems awesome to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!
I think you're all misunderstanding him. I think he's saying, do the draft as normal, but at the end you get the cards that were in the booster packs that you bought, rather than the cards you drafted. In a way this makes sense since it eliminates all temptation to raredraft, but it has a lot of issues as well since it essentially turns drafting into a "phantom" draft with opening three boosters stapled onto it.

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!
One thing I'm still unclear on: in that Comet Strike card, for example, what does the +[0/10] mean? I get the 10 threshold for each resource type, but I'm unsure of what the other part means.

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!
I've always been a fan of token strategies in MtG, so I'll probably try and build a Shin'hare deck to start off with, too. After that, I'll find some card/card combination to build around and try to make something silly happen. I'm really looking forward to trying this game out.

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!
I downloaded the client last night and had my two games that I tried to play with the AI both end with the pass priority bug. Bugs aside, the overall look and feel of the client is tremendous. With some time to iron out bugs and get more cards implemented, this could be a terrific game.

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!
I haven't played much recently, but I added myself to the list. Hex name is the same is here.

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!
Did my first draft earlier today, ended up with a mono-red aggressive deck. I was feeling pretty decent about it, but lost in three games to a mono-white stall deck in round one, which seemed like a very poor matchup for me. Had to leave after that so I didn't get to see how it would fare against others. All in all, it seems like a fun draft environment. The draft deck builder could use some work, I basically had to remember my cost curve since there isn't a "sort by cost" option, but other than that I enjoyed the draft experience.

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!
Thanks, that's a handy workaround to know about.

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!
Just went through three rounds of a draft and didn't get to play a single game thanks to every match crashing before it started. I don't have a lot of opportunities to draft, so I'll probably not be coming back for a while. The drafting is really fun, though, just wish I'd reliably be able to play my games.

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!

Grim posted:

I guess I had hoped for one of the common / uncommon sleeves they have, or some gold so I can roll a chest again, just something to be like "yea that's a bug, sorry about that"

Again it's very trivial but I feel like I was rewarded and then had that reward taken away which has a sting to it
The thing is, it's not a bug, it's working as intended. Duplicates of a sleeve have zero value, since they are untradeable and can be used on any number of decks, so having more than one set is meaningless. Yeah, it makes getting duplicates as a reward kind of crappy, but it's not like something is broken.

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!
That's actually better than I was expecting. Removing untradeable things that you already have from the drop table makes a lot of sense.

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!
Just updated to the new version and while I like a lot of the UI changes to the menus, I can't actually play a game right now. Tried challenging the AI to a game twice and it just hung there with an empty battlefield and me unable to do anything. Maybe a re-patch would fix it, and maybe it's my machine being too slow, but that was certainly not a favorable first impression of the new client for me.

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!

Go RV! posted:

They were doing periodic resets throughout the weekend, my guess is that he got on either directly before one, or when it was in dire need of one.
I'm not sure that that's my issue. Here's a screenshot of what the game looks like when I manage to get into one:

You can just barely see the bottom of my opponent's champion charge thing at the top of the screen. It seems like there's one for me floating somewhere down below the bottom of the screen. It just sits at this screen and doesn't let me do anything. I'll try repairing the patch and see if anything changes, just wanted to show exactly what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!

bitprophet posted:

I can't seem to play any AI games, anytime I try to continue the tutorialish stuff or play a regular vs-AI game, I get the starfield background and then nothing happens for minutes afterwards. Doesn't look like a known issue on their support forums and repairing the install makes no difference. Has this happened to anyone else?
I'm having the exact same problem. Posted on the Hex forums and nobody knew what I was talking about. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help, nor did repairing the install. What sort of machine are you running? Can you play games against live opponents?

• Locked thread