Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, as a busy guy with a family, I can't tell you how excited I am at the potential of actually being able to do drafts on my own schedule whenever I can find the time. Pretty pumped for this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

signalnoise posted:

Soooo, straight up, nothing you do for free can net you anything for PvP? Is that correct

Correct. Sort of. Theoretically you could sell cards you earn in PVE on the AH and buy PVP cards though?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

HotBobaloo posted:

Obviously there are different cards tagged as being PvP or PvE, but are there 2 whole sets? One PvP, one PvE? Or is it that most PvE Cards can be used in PvP, with some designated cards like the mercenaries being PvE only?

They answered that in the kickstarter comments at some point. Two complete sets. More than 600 total cards.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

HotBobaloo posted:

So the PvE card are "created" by doing quests and beating bosses, and PvP cards are from packs and winning tournaments only? I'm already in at King level, I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to upgrade to either Collector(PvP) or Dungeon Crawler(PvE).

That mostly seems to be the case. There was an exception posted up thread though in addition to the Auction House:

pumpinglemma posted:

They've said that it will be possible to earn a few boosters in PVE without the Auction House, although they'll probably be pretty rare since boosters are Cryptozoic's main form of revenue. Probably the best realistic case is boosters as a prize for a high-end raid you can do once a week or so.

Adus feels pretty strongly up thread that Dungeon Crawler would be the way to go. I personally couldn't make that call and bought in higher early on.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BenRGamer posted:

There's an interview up on Angry Joe's website now, haven't seen it yet, though http://angryjoeshow.com/2013/06/hex-mmotcg-aj-pledge/

FYI, there was some discussion up thread about whether or not you'd be able to farm pve, sell the stuff you get on the AH and use that money to buy pvp packs(making even the pvp side potentially FreeToPlay). This interview confirms that is a thing that you can do.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

rinski posted:

The keep name is what appears in chat, so I'm just naming myself rinski. That just means all my card knights are going to be "of rinski," like I'm a meta-being whose sentient components splinter off the main hive for deckventures.

Yeah, my keep will be named King Burgundy if they allow spaces. That is certainly going to be weird.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

LightReaper posted:

You could always name your champions as titles so your name works in a different way, like

Jester of King Burgundy
Butler of King Burgundy
Boytoy of King Burgundy

This is a hilarious idea that I will run with.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Epsilon Plus posted:

IIRC it was posted here because TG readers are more interested in TCGs/TCG development than Games readers.

We should move it at some point to attract more interest. I keep seeing people talking about online TCGs who have no idea Hex is even a thing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Got my email. Sadly can't make use of it for a few hours when I get home. On my phone so no link sorry.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Karnegal posted:

Still downloading. Just finished Warmachine Wednesday, so here's hoping that the DL will resume from 85% instead of starting over when I get home. I asked my wife to start the install on my desktop 4 hours ago, so hopefully when I get home at midnight, that will be done.

Mine has been going for a little over 4 hours and I'm at 44.8%.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Karnegal posted:

I just took Karnegal because gently caress the stupid keep naming scheme I want people to be able to find me in game.

Yup, same here. King Burgundy, even though it looks really weird. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mikujin posted:

Dwarven Affinity v1.0

This is a pretty fun deck concept to play around with so far. Thanks for posting it. :) I don't like the deck building interface very much, so it was nice to have something to run with, with minor tweaks.

Also, my games today so far have gone without a hitch, which is way better than yesterday. It's definitely a very fun game, even in this very alpha state.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

One thing I wish is that it wouldn't hold priority up if I had no actions I could reasonably take. I don't want to turn off the priority pauses on the off chance I need them, but having to click through them constantly does get a little old. One thing I like about the bite sized digital magic games is the ability to have no stops, but still able to manually stop it at any time. It is possible Hex already has this and I haven't found it yet, but if they don't, they should add it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

UberJew posted:

It can't do this by default because then your opponent knows by how the client responds whether you have a counterspell (or similar) in hand. MTGO has a button you can press to skip priority for an entire turn and another to skip priority for an entire turn unless your opponent does something, both of which ought to be added to the client if they aren't already present.

Well, now I feel stupid. Of course.

But if I could pause at will and have all the autopauses off it would address it. Also, your above suggestions would be great.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Thoom posted:

Isn't there some kind of sliding window option where you can tell it "auto pass priority after N seconds unless I say otherwise"?

As it turns out, yes. I didn't see the slider. That helps a bunch.

I'd still like an easy way to throw a pause on my terms. But its possible it is already there too and I'm just missing it. :)

eta: looks like I can do it just by pushing the main phase button. So probably once hot key controls are in there will be a way to set one.

King Burgundy fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Oct 14, 2013

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Blinkman987 posted:

What does everybody think of the triggered effects not going on the chain? In what I've read, it seems the biggest hangup is players perceive of situations where, if triggered effects went on the chain, there are games that they were able to win that they otherwise would've lost. They don't really consider that there are probably an equal amount of games that they'll play that they'll win because triggered effects don't go on the chain, and both players will make decisions with the rules in mind. People also, in general, dislike change.

I'm sure I'll like the game regardless of this change, but I'll say that my preference is the pre-change behavior as it allows for more complexity. I'm playing a few different electronic TCG's right now, and what Hex has over any of them, even before the PVE goes in, is complexity. It feels like you are losing some of that edge with this change.

What WOULD have been a nice alternative is just allowing some kind of per card/per deck optional ability to ignore additions to the stack, as that would get you the benefit you are seeking(less pointless clicking) without reducing complexity for those who want/need it with certain decks.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Afgad posted:

Sign me up, I'm Solaris.

Of course I have crazy weird hours. So maybe I'd just be able to play a 2 person tournament with Grim :smith:

Edit: I made a Googledoc so we can have a spreadsheet of who's who.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai6sxA02g4p-dFpJTm9IQ2F6ckhlRXc3b25kV1dOUFE&usp=sharing

Added myself. I may have to adjust it since I haven't logged in since they removed the ability to have spaces in user names and I'm not sure what that means for my previously space containing name. :)

I plan on playing more now that tourney stuff is going in. Patching now.

*edit* Still has the space for now.

King Burgundy fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Dec 11, 2013

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Grim posted:

I'm enjoying constructed tournaments so far, but I'm sure as soon as I lose a game I'll hate them!

Yup, this is great. I'm pretty excited that this is in.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Here is Stovetop posted:

Is it still too much to ask to be able to chance the default card size when in hand or in play? This game while playable it takes a lot of fun out of the game to constantly have to zoom in and out on cards to remember what it is they do.

This. I'd really love it if they did something about this.

thiswayliesmadness posted:

It's kind of sad to see how people were using the old version: Make your opponent wait forever while you go through their entire deck and figure out what must be in their hand.

And yeah, this is ridiculous. Glad they changed it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

tijag posted:

I think the deckbuilder is horrific. Considering how small the card pool is now and how slow it is, I'm not super confident in how it will perform as they add additional sets.

I just have to concur with this. It is really bad. I'm hopeful it will still see a lot of love before release.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm going to hold off even redeeming anything at this point until things are more stable. But looking forward to jumping back in.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So I've been playing a fair amount of AI games just to get used to what the cards do after my first draft turned out so poorly for me(I ran out of time on the third game). The games are bugging out a lot. The computer just stops taking it's turn and it's turn timer keeps ticking down. Are these priority bugs still, or something else?

Also, a question on timers. It feels like my timer is going way more often then my opponents and I can't find a way to go more quickly. For example, on the initial draw, my opponent chose to play first and I immediately kept my hand, and yet, by the time his turn started, I had lost 30 seconds of my timer and he had lost only 15 seconds or so. What am I doing wrong here? Or are there timer bugs that cause this?

*edit* Ok, guess I'm not the only one with the timer issues: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=35435

King Burgundy fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 10, 2014

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Zurai posted:

I'm glad they fixed the AI hanging. The AIs are moronic and almost useless for testing a deck but sometimes I don't have the time for a tournament and don't want to play a competitive game, and having to restart five times because the AI would just sit there was annoying.

Yup, looking forward to hopping on more if this is really fixed now.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Man, gently caress WotC. They are never getting another dime from me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mikujin posted:

Streaming a hex draft cause why not. Come watch me be terrible at cards!

http://www.twitch.tv/mikujin

You aren't talking loud enough to overcome your music, fyi.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Merauder posted:

King Burgundy, it appears we're going to be drafting together! This will only be my 2nd draft, so... enjoy all the awesome things I'll be passing around. :v:

That was my 2nd free draft. This time around I ignored rarity and just tried to make the best deck I could and I did much better than I thought I would, but the final match destroyed me since I had no answers for the hordes of spellshield minions the person had.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mikujin posted:

Sorry for stealing all this luck from whoever you are, because it's gotta be coming from somewhere.

Me. Still haven't had a good chest roll. Hehe, oh well.

Question. What is everyone's mulligan strategy?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Really good update. Very pleased about the new Starter Trials. Really happy with how quickly things like AH appear to be coming in. Happy with their new solution for con items. It feels like opposite world from my experiences with some of their competitors. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Sacrificial Toast posted:

Proper priority passing options are all that's really needed to make that a non-issue--the ability to pass until your next turn, or always yield to a particular effect.

I want this so bad. SO bad.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This may seem like a dumb question, but how do you actually list packs on the AH? I can't figure it out.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

katkillad2 posted:

Click auction house button up top, click my listings, click create auction, click inventory stash and then double click the pack.

I figured that was supposed to be it, but clicking inventory stash doesn't give me anything there. I can see my stash in the usual place, but that button does nothing in the AH. :(

*Edit -- Actually, I figured it out. In case anyone else is having this problem, only one tiny section of the stash button on the far lower right was active for me, you can mouse all over the button until you find it and it lights up, then you can proceed.

King Burgundy fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jun 26, 2014

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I got utterly destroyed in that tournament by someone running an eye of creation deck. It was crazy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

They posted some of the undefeated deck lists from the last two weeks of testing the 128's.

https://hextcg.com/undefeated-decklists/

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i know i said that no one likes to hear bad beats stories not even yesterday and the goon opinion on me is pretty low because apparently cottontail ronin is a really good card but i just lost rd1 with this deck and i hate my life

What'd you lose to?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinwiz11 posted:

I hope I get into the tourney, I've been waiting for the final step for the last 30+ minutes.

Yup, same here.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Wow, tunneling is kind of crazy. Really excited for this set.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

LightReaper posted:

Drew & In for top 8

Here's the deck, duders:
http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=7947

Is there anywhere to watch a couple of these games now that it is over?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Karnegal posted:

So they were handing sleeve codes out like candy today. Mercs and alt art pippets were still pretty grindy, but stay tuned, I'll come up with some method of giving a few sleeve codes away after I get home.

Yay. Gotta catch 'em all!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I would totally be watching, but video won't load for me. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

katkillad2 posted:

Hex: Shards of Fate - Have fun trying to tunnel with Fish Hands!

This one is my favorite.

• Locked thread