Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
Going to try with Realistic battles together with (just released) Random Hordes and check the carnage that'll ensue!

Edit:

It's on! :black101:

Vichan fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contrecoup
Mar 30, 2015

Tiler Kiwi posted:

I think the head of state is always present in some way on the field of battle, even in cases where it might not make a complete amount of sense (like capturing the Pope during a crusade).

They're frequently (always?) the head of their capital Levy and supersede other commanders iirc, so the pope is almost always leading troops in the field during crusades.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

Elias_Maluco posted:

Yeah, it happens a lot. Is there any sure way of preventing your ruler from being in an army? The only way I know is by not raising my personal levies, which is not an option for most of the game.

there is, put your ruler in charge of your smallest levy and then send him out to sea on a boat

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

Vichan posted:

Going to try with Realistic battles together with (just released) Random Hordes and check the carnage that'll ensue!

Edit:

It's on! :black101:

expect a shitload of ruler death, it not only makes every battle tense, but keep things interesting by destabilizing the blobs when their god-king dies

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Groogy posted:

Hotfix 2.3.5 is coming which will disable console.

Epic joke about making the game shittier from the dev who constantly talks about map expansions and other dumb poo poo that makes the game run and play worse.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Larry Parrish posted:

Epic joke about making the game shittier from the dev who constantly talks about map expansions and other dumb poo poo that makes the game run and play worse.

If you think the console makes the game better why did you say I'm wrong for using it

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Christ, that was a fun first decade of rule, constant plots against me, one rebellion over crown authority, one over a duchy and one just because from the peasants. Managed to fight them off before the Duke of Kent decided he wanted one of my counties and called three other dukes to help. Hired the most expensive mercs in the game to turn back a huge deathstack, getting my young king wounded in the process, dismissed them just before the money ran out, had my last 4K soldiers wander through England trying to get my dire warscore into 'white peace' territory. Got it to -5%, fight 2K troops in Lancaster (which is where I live irl!) and guess what happens? Capture the loving Duke of Kent. 100% warscore, we win, they gently caress off for ever.

Oh, and about 5 minutes after the King got home, his wife is pregnant. My vassals mostly like me now. Not a bad day at the office.

Somewhere in between all this the HRE wanted my French county I worked so hard for. I just gave it to them because HRE and two other wars.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Sometimes, when you make yourself look foolish, it's just better to be quiet than speak up. I say this from experience friend. :)

Also I wish there were a "random succession" mod too, that would also force muslims to use different ones. With errybody tribal and shattered, the muslims tend to blob a bit too early unless they get hit by a random religion.

On the other hand, it does mean you have someone to fight as the player later on that's a slight challenge. So there is that.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

I've been learning to play this game, but for some reason I lose every single battle. I just had 4k dudes lose against 1.5k, why did that happen?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pivotal Lever posted:

I've been learning to play this game, but for some reason I lose every single battle. I just had 4k dudes lose against 1.5k, why did that happen?

don't attack over rivers, don't attack into hills/mountains/maybe some other stuff, make sure all your flanks are being led.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

is there a way to disable the VISUAL seasonal terrain effects (like rivers freezing etc)

I don't need them to know it's not a good idea to launch an attack on Finland in the middle of February

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Arrhythmia posted:

don't attack over rivers, don't attack into hills/mountains/maybe some other stuff, make sure all your flanks are being led.

How do I fill out my flanks? I tried clicking all kinds of buttons in the army menu to spread troops out from the center flank but couldn't figure out how. I clicked 'Reorganize Army' and couldn't move any units around. I want to like this game but the combat interface is terrible, it's supposed to be simple and not the focus of the game.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Larry Parrish posted:

What is it about this thread that possesses people to own themselves with posts like this, I wonder.

fart

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Darth Windu posted:

If you think the console makes the game better why did you say I'm wrong for using it

You're being trolled by someone who is bad at it

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Maybe it's time for a new thread. Other than updating the DLC and Mod sections, does anyone have any specific suggestions for the content of the OP? Also someone come up with a title that isn't a pun on the word Horde because ten years of World of Warcraft means no matter how inventive you are it's not going to be original.

I'll post the new thread tomorrow.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Reveilled posted:

Maybe it's time for a new thread. Other than updating the DLC and Mod sections, does anyone have any specific suggestions for the content of the OP? Also someone come up with a title that isn't a pun on the word Horde because ten years of World of Warcraft means no matter how inventive you are it's not going to be original.

Games > Crusader Kings II: We Will Sail the Dothraki Sea

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Console Kings II: Horse Lords

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Reveilled posted:

Crusader Kings II : KHAAAAAAAAAANS

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 6, 2015

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Crusader Kings II: We are all Walder Frey.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Reveilled posted:

Let's go with a twist on an old faithful.

Crusader Kings II: A Clownkhanate of Mongols

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It might be fun to conquer it and hand the crown off to a talented relative/2nd son one day. Spread your dynasty far and wide. I wouldn't really bother holding it myself.

Just what I was going to say, permanent allies are better than constantly rebelling vassals. Make your own Karling clusterfuck. If you have enough spare kinsmen give them all dutchies in the new land and give the king title to a kinsman who ideally won't ever have a claim on your primary title. Eventually this generates a vast pool of spare kinsmen who have no claims on your titles.

If you can revoke other religions without penalty revoke everything and replace every single count and barony with your own dudes. That way in the future you'll have more people of your own culture and religion to marry or recruit.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
Crusader Kings II: The Wrath of Khan

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Crusader Kings II: I just console'd a claim on the HRE, brb

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Crusader Kings II: Perma-khan

Crusader Kings II: Are you a khan or a khant?

Crusader Kings II: Khan-do attitude

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

Crusader Kings II: Perma-khan

Crusader Kings II: Are you a khan or a khant?

Crusader Kings II: Khan-do attitude

Not sure if you're pronouncing it right

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Crusader Kings II: Genghis' Khan-Quest.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Not sure if you're pronouncing it right

You just need to pronounce "can-do" like a Scottish person for it to work.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Crusader Kings II: Is that...Is that throat singing?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Crusader Kings 2: Hurt from a Yurt

Crusader Kings 2: Khans, Kings, Jarls and You

Crusader Kings 2: Kill You're Famil (-25 Dynasty Opinion)

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Saith posted:

I believe this is the winner

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Saith posted:

This.

Also, here's a new PlagueMod update. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3iod03cll48p4fn/enhanced_black_death%20%288%29.zip?dl=0

It's also been updated on Steam.

This update removes a bug that was preventing a few flavor events from spawning.

Speaking of which, I'd like to add some more for variety, so does anyone have some ideas?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

I like this one

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

This.

Also, here's a new PlagueMod update. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3iod03cll48p4fn/enhanced_black_death%20%288%29.zip?dl=0

It's also been updated on Steam.

This update removes a bug that was preventing a few flavor events from spawning.

Speaking of which, I'd like to add some more for variety, so does anyone have some ideas?

maybe if you have a few theological traits you could embrace it as a sign of God or something

That's p dumb but I think it'd be cool to have a conscious action to let it run rampant other than ya know doing nothing

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Crusader Kings II: THE CUCK LORDS!!!!!

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Saith posted:

Yeah, this is the best one so far. Although our current title is the best one we've had for this thread yet and I'll be sad to see it go.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Average Bear posted:

gentlemen... we have a winner...

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

verbal enema posted:

maybe if you have a few theological traits you could embrace it as a sign of God or something

That's p dumb but I think it'd be cool to have a conscious action to let it run rampant other than ya know doing nothing

There should be an option to attempt to pray the plague away with a massive group prayer that has a large chance to kill everyone and a small chance to give a huge amount of piety and maybe a nickname.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Average Bear posted:

This, but unironicly

Nah, really this is the winner:

Mantis42 posted:

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Crusader Kings 2: Just Horsin' Around
Crusader Kings 2: Khan't Stop Me Now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Angela Christine posted:

Just what I was going to say, permanent allies are better than constantly rebelling vassals. Make your own Karling clusterfuck. If you have enough spare kinsmen give them all dutchies in the new land and give the king title to a kinsman who ideally won't ever have a claim on your primary title. Eventually this generates a vast pool of spare kinsmen who have no claims on your titles.

If you can revoke other religions without penalty revoke everything and replace every single count and barony with your own dudes. That way in the future you'll have more people of your own culture and religion to marry or recruit.

Best part about doing this, is that even if you lose all your titles somehow you'll just switch over to be some other landed dynasty member. It's like having extra lives.

• Locked thread