Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

So, I'm currently pressing a claim in Leinster right now and I keep defeating the Earl in battles. But, now we're at the siege which is abandoned because I don't have more attackers than there are defenders. What can I do? If I disband, it just starts all over with me winning tiny battles until we get to siege time and it gets abandoned. I'm not sure how to raise more levies if I'm already in a war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Quick question. My ruler in Ireland died leaving his 6-year-old son as his heir. Do I still need to send him to be educated so that he'll develop stats and things or will having his mother as Regent be essentially the same thing as an education?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

marktheando posted:

Those are two separate things. I think they will still develop stats and traits with no education, but not as well as he would if he had a half decent tutor.

Since I'm playing as my heir though, assigning his mother as his tutor won't give me the popups (events?) to decide on traits, right? I guess I'll start looking for a tutor with good stats.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

It's nice having your sister married to the King of England when you decide enough is enough and the entirety of Ireland should be yours. So, what if the enemy has 5 available alliances. The King of England's got my back!

Also, during the conquest of Ireland I had a bastard son between wives and then a trueborn son a year later after having five daughters. It's a good time to be Alcuin, First of his name, and King of Ireland.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Had my first genius child. :smug:

It's my fourth daughter and fifth child. :eng99:

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Pierson posted:

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU MUST DO

I have never had a murder plot take less than 5 years to happen. There are 4 children ahead of her. I'll probably due before I get through three of them

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

So, quick question. If I were to convert to Cathar, change succession to Absolute Cognatic and then revert back to Catholic, would the succession stay in place or would it revert back to Agnatic-Cognatic?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Playing the long game (aka pulling a Doran). I'm King of Ireland and I have my genius heir daughter matrilineally betrothed to the 4th in line for the French throne. Now to wait 12 years until they come of age and marry and then start offing everyone ahead of him.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but if I were to move my plans ahead and murder people ahead of my heir's betrothed before they were married, once he's 3rd or above in the line of succession, come marriage time, it would be broken wouldn't it since he'd be "important" at that point, right?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

My heir keeps changing in March from my oldest daughter to my second oldest daughter for no discernible reason no matter how many times I reload. What's going on? I'm Agnatic-Cognatic Primogeniture with 5 living daughters.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Bold Robot posted:

Your second oldest daughter is probably giving birth to a son. Daughters with a son are prioritized over daughters without a son.

drat. That's not good.

Edit: Well it fixed itself. I'd quit until I got my answer and starting it back up this time the younger daughter had twin girls. But good to know for the future. Thanks!

Chaotic Flame fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 6, 2014

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

So, I'm currently the Queen of Ireland and I'm matrilineally married to the King of France and my heir is set to take Ireland, France, and Aquitane. Any thing I should be ready for/wary of once I essentially triple in size when my heir takes over? This is my first game and Ireland went pretty smoothly I think.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I would love a mod based on Kushiel's Legacy, especially since it's already a fantasy Europe as it is anyway. :allears:

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Everything is on sale on steam right now so all the cosmetic DLC is 50 cents and the expansions are $3 each.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Nuuvem is having an even better sale.

Of course it is. :dawkins101:

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

-Troika- posted:

The checksum both in the launcher and the main menu is DAQH, which is the correct one, as far as I can tell.

Completely unrelated but your avatar/text combo has me laughing really hard at work for some reason.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

So it looks like I'm (King of Ireland) leading my wife's (Queen of England et al) troops all over the world at any given time based on her whims. Is there a way to step down from leading this army and get back home? I have no heirs and this is troubling.

E: Nevermind. I'm back home, but I still have no heirs even with the seduction focus! If two reigning monarchs are married but never in the same place, can they have a kid?

E2: Apparently they can. And a genius son at that on the first try.

Chaotic Flame fucked around with this message at 15:59 on May 25, 2015

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

So I just loaded up my save and Ireland is Eire now and everyone's names got way more Irish.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Aschlafly posted:

No kidding, I had to look up an Irish pronunciation guide just to figure out how the gently caress to pronounce "Tuadhmhumhain". I guess it's something like "too-wath-wuh-win" or "too-wath-win", with "th" voiced as in "the".

Irish orthography is... unique (then again, so is that of English).

Is there a way to get it to go back or am I just stuck with an alphabet soup court?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Funky Valentine posted:

Warrior: Bunch of +health events, prestige out the rear end, Dueling fools, chance to get Strong, Strategist trait
Hunting: +health off the bat, puppies, random hunts which will get you a Strong courtier more often then not, Hunter trait

Intrigue: Spy On (the secretly most powerful action in the game), Spy trait
Seduction: Bastards everywhere, Seducer trait

Rulership: Just trait, potentially Legendary Wisdom, Diligent if you're lucky, Gardener or Architect trait
Business: Holla holla get dolla

Scholarship: Build an observatory and grind out military tech points like no tomorrow, Scholar trait
Theology: Pilgrimage, the Necronomicon I think, Mystic trait

Carousing: Make buddies with vassals real easy, Socializer, Gamer, or Hedonist trait
Family: Make buddies with family real easy, fertility boost

Quoting for future reference. Thanks!

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

So I just inherited three kingdoms and a ton of duchies and counties when my ruler's dad died. I'm 4 over my demense limit and I'm not sure how to divvy everything up. Should I just give duchies to people from the original country, my countrymen, someone else? It's a lot! I'm thinking I'll keep my capital in Eire (Ireland) so I'm not next to any serious threats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Deceitful Penguin posted:

You're running Tanistry right? Toss it on some Kinsmen with no claims on your poo poo, so they won't give you guff.

Not yet. I was planning on switching to Tanistry once I met the conditions.

• Locked thread