Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
So when I lost a subjugation war against the rear end in a top hat King of Sweden he just took all my counties for some reason and gave me some poo poo county which doesn't have coastline, what the gently caress is up with that?

Daktar posted:

drat, Jorvik is a really, really hard start. I think I'll try a Scandinavian norse ruler until I get the hang of things.

Start as Ivar and you get control of the massive army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Kainser posted:

Ireland is a goddamn looting piņata :toot:

Ireland is poor, Byzantium is where the real money is. There's a shitload of settlements with 30 gold average and Constantinople's countryside is marvelous for looting.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
How many drat provinces do you need to form Norway? It's getting tiresome beating up every little count.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Gavelkind isn't as bad as it was before, just keep conquering Duchies and give them to your extra sons and you will be fine.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
So I recently played a game as the Viking in Britanny, I conquered Britanny quite quickly and different parts of England, then while trying to convert the catholics I noticed that my 21 learning seer only had 1.5 % chance each year of conversion is this becuase the Norse faith isn't reformed?

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
I thought you were supposed to get relationship bonuses and be able to get claims and poo poo if you got your bishops elevated to Pope, I have had three popes now and they haven't given me poo poo and the current one is my character's nephew of the same dynasty.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
So are the Italian pikemen any good or should I get another retinue instead?

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Adding India is cool as hell, I hope that they flesh it out a lot so it will be fun to play in India.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
As long as I can take revenge on everyone while playing as Afghanistan I will be happy.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
drat, I had one dude left to get a positive opinion of me so I could get out of loving gavelkind but of course all my assassinations attempts failed even though I had 200 % plot power, so I got angry and said gently caress it and just started paying for assassination attempts which of course failed a couple of times before I finally succeeded. However thanks to the failures all my vassals hate my guts , so I won't be getting primogeniture anytime soon while my Duke is 57 and infirm so he is bound to die soon with the second son taking pretty much taking all the counties and a duchy thanks to Gavelkind.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

Wow! Look at all those provinces! India is huge! I take back every single doubt I had about the size of India, this is gonna be great!

If I can capture the Pope and have him trampled to death by elephants this will be the best expansion yet.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Excelzior posted:

but where will it fit? will they redo every single military screen to add a "war elephant" slot?

much easier to have them be Heavy Cavalry with a modifier, and a special unit model for retinues made entirely of them I guess.

The Elder Kings mod have added Mages as a unit so I imagine that they should be able to add a new Elephant unit and it would make more sense since there's a pretty big difference between war elephants and heavy cavalry.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Have they revamped combat recently? It's been about a month since I last played and I played as Rurik the loving beast with 26 martial and I attacked some Slavic sucker who had 6 martial with 4000 troops while he had 2000 and he absolutely crushed me.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Please tell me that there will be Bush, Kennedy and Clinton dynasties.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Bloody Pom posted:

I love the GoT mod sometimes. Starting off as Ned at the Crowned Stag bookmark:

-Stannis got a cold and died childless. :laffo:
-Robb got murdered by Karstark's wife, I imprisoned her rear end and had Ned give her a few inches off the top in retaliation.
-Roose Bolton was an accomplice in the murder, he got booted off to the Wall and succeeded by his idiot trueborn son.
-Lacking a male heir, I legitimized Jon Snow and married him to Arianne Martell.
-Khal Drogo rolled bad traits and became a wussy weakling.
-Viserys committed suicide in exile instead of getting his crown. Gotta love the Lunatic trait. :allears:

Unfortunately, Doran got wise to what I was doing and disinherited his daughter so that I couldn't get my grandson the lordship of both the North and Dorne. :argh:

The Best one I have had was when I was playing as Robert who won his war, married Lyanna and took Cersei Lannister as a lover fathering several bastard children with her.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
What the gently caress? I have both Charlemagne and Rajas of India but neither of them show up in the launcher and when I start the game it suggests that I buy them both even though I already own them.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
What is up with elective gavelkind? Those idiots are voting for my fucktard nephew instead of my half decent son(the 29 martial one died with the Varangians).

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
So my 19 year old ruler died in his first battle and his 2 year old daughter inherited the throne with her heir who has 18 intrigue and is ambitous becoming the regent, I wonder what odds she has to survive until adulthood.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I actually did manage to pull off something similar in my Wales game. King died in battle, young son inherited, total rear end in a top hat (ambitious, high intrigue, terrible leader) usurps the regency less than a year in.

The trick is keeping him happy without giving him too much power or influence. Don't give him any landed titles and make sure your other vassals/court like you too. What eventually happened in my game is that some of the court hated him more than they hated me, so they murdered him and replaced him with a more amicable regent, and then my king survived through to adulthood.

The Vikings hosed that game up so I started over and it went much better but those loving Vikings still couldn't stop messing with my poo poo and they even conquered Mercia but I attacked them and captured Ragnar Lodbrok who I executed, then I just sat back and watched the carnage as instead of taking the historical route his sons to take revenge they made the choice to tear his Empire to shreds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
I have this kinda weird bug where my neighbours have their levies raised and are hostile against me even though we're not at war, raiders who raid my neighbours are also shown as hostile.

• Locked thread