Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

Nephilm posted:

I see CK2 on sale, I have money, and read the OP. What's wrong with the Mediterranean Portraits pack?
It looks terrible. Basically, it makes all Mediterranean people look like bad muppets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

Guildencrantz posted:

A BEAR THERE WAS A BEAR A BEAR

On a slightly more serious note, this seems to be based on the plot of an Adventure Time episode. I approve.
Bears are the new comets. (Victoria 2 lets you play Jan Mayen, which has a take over all polar bear land decision.)

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

uh zip zoom posted:

any other paradox titles worth getting while the getting's good?
Victoria 2 is good now with the expansions.

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Stop making me spend money Paradox. Anyone picked these up yet and have any opinion on how they are?
They look pretty good. Some of the men could be better, but it's far better then the Russian and Mediterranean packs.

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
Anyone try This portrait mod? It's looks pretty good.

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

Ofaloaf posted:

Project Balance is a bigger overhaul than CK2+, imo. The main thrust of CK2+ is bullying the AI into behaving better, so that the HRE is less likely to blob into a continent-spanning primogeniture monarchy, or that factions are actually important now. PB, by contrast, adds in a lot more traits (voice, handedness, etc.), cultures (Notably in Italy) and I think changes the UI itself as well. Not to mention all the events and so forth.
Project Balance doesn't add traits? Perhaps you are thinking of Prince and the Thane?

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Even with the levy nerf I am still yearning to play but I really don't want to start a new game only to deal with all the crazy weirdness that Catholic nations, anti-popes, and event troops are causing. Hopefully the hotfixes come quick. I'm eager to reform a new Roman Empire with the new gameplay stuff, even greater than my last!
There's a beta patch that fixes most of the issues. It should be released as a hotfix on Friday if all goes well they said.

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
What do you guys think of the levy changes? There seems to be some imbalances. For one, factions have the same power calculation logic, so they are much more powerful compared to you then previously.

Going off what I've seen people post at Paradox, it also seems that having lots of counts is the best way to go for bigger levies, as dukes give less then counts and same for kings.

James The 1st fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Nov 22, 2013

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

Flesnolk posted:

Are the levy cuts a little less drastic with the current patch? I don't know how I'm supposed to fight the Timurids - or any of the hordes in other games I do - when my entire realm's combined armies total just barely more than one of their invincible doomstacks.
The levy cuts are unbalanced. From what I've seen other people report, factions and the event spawn troops are very powerful now and are pretty much unstoppable.

James The 1st fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Nov 22, 2013

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Except dukes that love me at 100 still don't give me poo poo for troops.
It needs a different play style now. What you do is forget about getting levies and instead raise taxes to pay for much stronger mercs

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Any news on another hotfix?
There aren't anymore major bugs?

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

Fintilgin posted:

My impression from the the paradox forums was that adventurers, event invaders, and factions weren't rebalanced when levies were nerfed, and are thus WAY too powerful right now.
Other then the mongols, the event armies are no match for retinues and mercenaries.

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

WEREWAIF posted:

The DLCs you have should be listed on ck2 the launcher, the store is awkward about showing what you do and don't have, for whatever reason.
You can also right click your game in Steam, click properties then click the DLC tab.

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

Yar The Pirate posted:

How would I mod the DLC music to play during the normal music rotation? I'm getting kind of tired of the same old tracks. Could I copy and paste the text document for each music pack into the main music text?
There's a text file in each pack. Just simply edit out the limiting factors in them and they will play normally.

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

Belasarius posted:

Is this patch still broke?
no

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

DStecks posted:

Wait, that's actually known for certain? Holy poo poo, why hasn't there been a hotfix?
There's a patch coming next week

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

Inside Outside posted:

All of my DLC has stopped showing up in game. It's all there and checked in the launcher window, but is all disabled once I actually start it up. Google suggested that I verify the cache in Steam, which I did twice to no effect. I had this happen once before, I just don't remember how I fixed it. This is on a Mac, if that makes a difference.
You need to start the game once with Steam connected to activate the DLC.

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

hellsjudge posted:

Just remember there's a cap now on theocracies and grand cities which is like 10% or so of your total kingdom, so don't revoke everything and get a giant tyranny opinion only to be left with counties you can't give to bishops.

On that note, I saw the new patch allowed you to give a "higher than duke" title to one theocracy, but I tried giving the kingdom of Burgundy to a duke-level theocracy and it didn't show up on the list of titles to grant, what gives :(?
Did you click the "give all lower titles" checkbox?

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

Inside Outside posted:

I'd really like to try VIET but it's not on the Workshop and for some reason you can't even look at the mod section on the Paradox forums without logging in. Of course I can't l just log in either, it keeps telling me my account has been merged (?) or just tells me that the password from the reset email is wrong. :sigh:
Your need to use your email for the username

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
That America mod looks so good.

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

Eric the Mauve posted:

I actively try to keep Zealous off my daughters if I happen to be tutoring one, though, since I always hope to develop them into tutors for the next generation.
What traits make good tutors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
That Paradox thread for the America mod didn't take long to break down.

quote:

600 years in the future and post-apocalyptic? Florida would definitely be under water by then, if I recall correctly it's projected to be 80% or more submerged within the next couple centuries due to climate change.

quote:

Depends on the nature of the apocalypse. Even if anthropogenic climate change has a germ of truth to it (it's largely junk science and flawed models) a civilization-destroying apocalypse would change human behavior enough (nobody burning massive amounts of fossil fuels anymore, nature reclaiming vast acreages from human developments) to alter the situation.

• Locked thread