Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Contrecoup
Mar 30, 2015

Walton Simons posted:

Welp, my Kingdom of Eire lasted 90 years before my cousin, the King of Scotland declared war on me over the Kingdom and called the King of England in on his side. Even with heavy use of mercenaries, I couldn't turn back their 30K deathstack.

loving ouch. I should probably have answered the call to war a bit more often I guess?

e: So where do I go from here? Try to gobble up a few more counties until I can get independence from Scotland? They're very strong at the moment and are murdering England in an excommunication war.

Being a vassal means (usually) you can expand within the realm without your overlord stepping in personally. You can use this and possibly faction fuckery to break out or even seize power yourself.

As a vassal, you often have most of the options available to you as a free power and an entire extra political system layered on top. It's good poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contrecoup
Mar 30, 2015

Tiler Kiwi posted:

I think the head of state is always present in some way on the field of battle, even in cases where it might not make a complete amount of sense (like capturing the Pope during a crusade).

They're frequently (always?) the head of their capital Levy and supersede other commanders iirc, so the pope is almost always leading troops in the field during crusades.

Contrecoup
Mar 30, 2015

YouTuber posted:

Wow gently caress, I guess I'm done with CK2. Started at Charlemagne start and by 1100 the Byz erupted into civil war and it outright locks the game up. Time for a new computer I suppose

For me, even after a full rebuild this game is an absolute crap shoot on whether it crashes to desktop or saves on every autosave attempt, making Ironman unplayable. Game's just buggy. It's Paradox.

Contrecoup fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 7, 2015

• Locked thread