Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
For poo poo's sake, I found the Goner Aran on like my third unfocused jump... and forgot to bring boarding pods. Lots of marines though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Pretty sure it's still a lovely game, but if anyone wants X Rebirth it's currently $9.99 at the Humble store:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/x_rebirth_storefront

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Should I play simply with a keyboard and mouse? The XBOX controller seems nice, but it's just not as intuitive.
Combat is decent with the controller but literally everything else is better with a keyboard and mouse. Maybe try keeping both plugged in.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Garfu posted:

Apparently Unending Galaxy is a top down X3-like made by an avid X3 modder. Anyone familiar with it? It's on sale today, I was thinking about picking it up.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/439720/
poo poo, this looks pretty good!

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Definitely not, Rebirth is still pretty lovely and TC/Albion are great.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

popewiles posted:

I'm guessing they were hoping that Rebirth was somehow going to be a major seller on consoles.
Did they ever even plan console ports? Pretty sure it's still PC platforms only.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

popewiles posted:

I'm not sure if they did, that was just the impression I got from many of the design decisions.
Yeah that makes sense, it sure as gently caress was dumbed down from anything else they've made :(

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Not sure if anybody has tried Helium Rain yet (http://store.steampowered.com/app/681330/Helium_Rain/) but it seems like a pretty decent space shooter and economic simulator that's obviously heavily inspired by the X series. I've only played it about an hour but it seems quite competent for early access.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Is there some way to mass assign newly purchased ships to a homebase or wing? I'm not sure how I can buy - or build - 30 or so M5s and shove them in a carrier efficiently (using Litcube's Universe if that helps).

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Fuuuuuck yes that looks great.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Hav posted:

Helium Rain is an X3-alike as well.

Edit: That was heavily neutral, but it's pretty good from my brief playing with it.
Someone also described Avorion as an X-style game where you build your own ships as well (though I haven't tried it yet).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Hav posted:

That's what I was replying to. Feels like more of a space engineers, personally.
I think I'll pick it up then - if Avorian is anywhere on a spectrum between Space Engineers and X then it's right up my alley :)

• Locked thread