Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

.random
May 7, 2007

Cask 12
Just stumbled on this thread. I probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but I couldn't help but take a guess.

Isle of B, as in the Bronx (e: and I do realize the Bronx is not actually an island. Alright. this is a bad idea :() Just south of that? Randall's Island. Randall's Island has a really weird traffic loop that almost matches up with her hair like so...

(e: Derp. How to shrink the size of already-attached images? :saddowns:)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

.random fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jul 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.random
May 7, 2007

Park Lego Velociraptor Obi-Wan
Park is a common "Korean surname" --> KS
Lego is basically "physical minecraft" -> PMC
Velociraptors are "clever girls" --> CG
Obi-Wan Kenobi is "my only hope" --> MOH

KSPMCCGMOH

We then do a simple ROT13:

XFCZPPTZBU

Here is our first indication we're dealing with an X-Man (or possibly someone from X-Factor)... However, this is clearly not the name. We remove the X and are left with:
FCZPPTZBU

Interesting. Let's take a look back at the image. We note that the velociraptor is actually a Tyrannosaurus Rex, aka "Tyrant King." At first, I assumed we were looking for a character that is perceived as "King" of the X-Men, but in a tyrannical, overbearing way.

But then I got to thinking about the context of the clues... Let's not forget the popularity of Game of Thrones right now. It is daft to assume that Tyrant King isn't a dual reference to Tyrion Lannister and Joffrey, the boy king.

Pride is considered one of the most terrible of Joffrey's personality traits. Not coincidentally, X-Man Shadow Cat's real name is Kitty Pryde. Let us also recall she is of rather diminutive stature, much like a certain noseless dwarf. This confirms we're on the right track. Lastly, we mustn't forget Kitty's ever-present companion, Lockheed, a dragon. Dragons are essentially Dinosaurs, so once again, the direct connection to the T-Rex is reinforced. Lockheed, coincidentally, is most recognizable as a name as half of the defense contractor Lockheed-Martin - which was a merger between Loughead Aircraft Manufacturing Company and Martin Marietta (itself a merger between Glenn L. Martin Company and American-Marietta Corporation). Note that LOUGHEAD anagrams to A LEGO... DUH. In addition, it should come as no surprise that the L in Glenn L. Martin stands for Luther - i.e., Luther Martin. This is our clue that we must REVERSE part of our answer (Luther Martin --> Martin Luther). My initial thought is Obi Wan should then be interpreted as Wan Obi. The W isn't actually a W at all here, but the Cyrillic "Sha" meaning it would be pronounced, effectively, as "Shan Obi" --> "Shanobi" --> "Shinobi," the infamous shadow-art ninja of Genesis fame. Shadow Art.. Shadow Cat.

All signs point to Shadow Cat as the hero here. However, I'm still trying to find an exact polaroid match, so goon help is appreciated before I'm willing to "dig!"

.random fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Mar 19, 2015

.random
May 7, 2007

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Has Goon Wisdom™ solved this great Mystery Of The Universe yet?

"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

.random
May 7, 2007

Demonachizer posted:

Remember that time that Gnarlyhotep was a pious and commendable alcoholic GBS moderator?

Do you think new mods will help us find new trasures?

.random
May 7, 2007

Urban Smurf posted:

Did Preiss say the negative "it would not be a waste of time" as another way of saying killing time would be a more correct approach?

:tinfoil:

.random
May 7, 2007

Urban Smurf posted:

Ive had four copies of the book and see there are many small defects in the pictures that are in some copies but not in others.

What if Preiss didn't release just ONE copy of the book, but 3 or 5 different versions, each with different - but intentional - "imperfections?" Perhaps these puzzles were intended not to be solved by an individual, after all, but by a group with access to several of these books with "imperfections" which all are needed to solve the puzzle. Perhaps it is only through our powers combined that we can call down a rain of gemstones upon ourselves. Perhaps?

.random
May 7, 2007

Urban Smurf posted:

Back in 2011 we would've had a lot of fun. I was interpreting a treasure map that led me to a statue that pointed in a particular direction of a mile high lake that I investigated by kayak to search for a clue carved in the underside of a picnic table.

"Peace on earth" was all it said :3:

.random
May 7, 2007

BigBadSteve posted:

I am not familiar with that prank, please explain it.

Release pigs (or rats) numbered 1, 2, and 4. Eventually people find them all… and then go crazy looking for the (nonexistent) one that must have been numbered 3.

.random
May 7, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

We're going to solve it.

Not with that kinda attitude!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.random
May 7, 2007

Next dig when ???