Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spam
Nov 28, 2010
Hope we get the crowdfunded album in 2015. Black Hole Man will loving slay on record

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spam
Nov 28, 2010

sharktamer posted:

You think it's likely? To be kind only came out last year. It does seem like longer (for me anyway), I even had to google to be sure.

No chance of the studio record, but I'm hoping Gira gives me another chance to sink $500 into the live/demo release.

Spam
Nov 28, 2010

Mutation posted:

I like the idea of another album in the same iteration of this Swans, and then leaving it at that - A perfect trilogy of soul annihilating records.

Plus a pretty good warmup album to boot

Spam
Nov 28, 2010
Based on the tracks they played on their last tour the 'final' album will be similar to The Seer and To Be Kind. That's more than enough to get me excited.

Wouldn't mind if Gira goes back to Angels of Light for a while...

Spam
Nov 28, 2010
Three Executive Producers in a row :cheeky:

They usually ship a week or so after they sell out.

E: scratch that, the website says they'll be shipping October 1st.

Spam fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 8, 2015

Spam
Nov 28, 2010
Bring the Sun/Black Eyed Man is an absolute monster, unbelievable. Hyped already about the final album.

Spam
Nov 28, 2010
I don't fancy paying $500 for The Great Annihilator so I'll gladly bide my time.

Spam
Nov 28, 2010
I started to really like this album after the third listen, but it loses track of itself a few time along the way.

It's a good album, but doesn't match up to To Be Kind or (especially) The Seer. The version of Glowing/Black Eyed/Black Hole Man on The Gate wipes the floor with the studio version.

Kinda hoping Gira re-rez's Swans as an AoL style project, but this run was great. Can't wait to see music critics shoehorn the Larkin stuff into their interpretation of this LP and deduct marks accordingly...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spam
Nov 28, 2010

ICHIBAHN posted:

Swans are playing The Knot in their recent live shows, is that a new song?

It's a rework/expansion of No Words / No Thoughts based on the audio I've heard.

• Locked thread