Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

guppy posted:

- A tip for newbie deck building: don't ever base your build, either solo or group builds, around exploiting Hindered or Impaired. In group's you can't use them at all because they prevent the tank from interrupting, but even in solo play, Hinders and Impairs are either unreliable (e.g., proc chance) or on long cooldowns/Elites.

My main soloing deck is a Hinder build, which so far (early City of the Sun God) has only let me down twice due to Hinderance-immune creatures. It's doable solo at the newbie level.

I'm looking to eventually find some other gimmick for myself, though, since I've heard they become more prominent as time goes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conskill
May 7, 2007

Lum_ posted:

The main problem with a Shotgun/AR build is that you run around with two rifles on your back which looks kind of dumb.

I chose Shotgun/Elementalism initially, primarily because of exactly this.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I've been poking at the game again, but unfortunately my heart belongs to the Templars.

Trying an Elementalism/Blood build this time around, though at least on the ground floor I'm shocked at how inefficient and weak healing is.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

Capntastic posted:

For real though

Why reboot TSW and not Anarchy?

I wish I knew. My only guess is that Anarchy just doesn't pull in enough numbers to justify expense anymore. It's sad its basically on maintenance mode now, but such is the way of things.

I'm cautiously optimistic about trying the rebooted TSW. Will be interesting to see more info, though.

• Locked thread