Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

OneEightHundred posted:

CF is probably worse between literally everything leaving DOTs on you after combat, and Field Transfusion being the thing that should not exist.

what you don't like being stunned every 5 seconds? Honestly that area was much more endurable when Sleight of Hand had a 20 second cooldown instead of a 40 second cooldown. It was the only way that area was doable for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Len posted:

I was almost excited about the event until I read what it was. I'll sign on to get the boots then go back to Last of Us.

It might actually be worth using a condenser since you get 2 instead of one. And running 18's gets you 18 more bullion. With the lockouts it won't really change much of anything. Now what funcom REALLY needs to do is make an ALL ASTRAL FUSE weekend. Nothing but astral fuses drop from both lair bosses. Now THAT would be something that I'd get excited about.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Cleretic posted:

There were a lot of changes to abilities in that patch, really popular ones getting dialed down while others got taken up a notch, and for the most part it was a good patch that knocked ubiquitous abilities like Live Wire and Empowerment off their pedestals. The CU and Do or Die nerfs did not have that effect, and in fact CU arguably got more popular, because the reason they were so common was not because they were just slightly too fast.

yes but the problem with those two changes, is that they're virtually worthless now. Empowerment is still semi-useful I suppose, but Live Wire parses at about 1% more damage than One In The Chamber. So now we have an elite ability doing 1% more than a non-elite. And there are DOZENS of elites that no one ever uses because they're absolute crap.

The answer isn't to nerf more abilities. We've seen it time and time again that Funcom can't nerf properly. Slaughterhouse elite giving too much XP? Don't nerf the xp drop, no make it so hard that it's impossible in full blues. Hope you can find some friendly purples to help you complete it, otherwise you're never getting into nightmares.
Everyone using LiveWire because Fluid Defense is bugged, well nerf Live Wire so that it's worthless and fix Fluid Defense so now that's all anyone uses.

They really need to stop nerfing things, and fixing the abilities that no one uses. They don't need to fix all 80% of broken abilities all at once. Fix one or 2 elites a patch and see if people start using them. Because nerfing never hurts us at the top, it's all the new players, and just makes everything more frustrating for them.

As RevDr mentioned, there are SO many abilities that would be great and used all the time if they weren't all on "on an impaired target" or "every time you apply hinder" ect. Make some interesting abilities. So instead of "every time you hit and impaired target you do an extra hit for 782 dmg," make it "every time you both crit and pen your target" Make Defensive Turret also cleanse or purge, so that players have reason to use that ability.
There are just so many lovely abilities that no one uses, I'd love to be able to run more unique builds. I really wish running dungeons in this game was more like soloing, where almost anything was viable; instead of the same cookie cutter builds.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Would you guys say the areas past the first are better/have more variety?

This is mostly since I already did like half of it on a trial account ages ago but I am just sick of zombies and freaky fish dudes and I'm still only on phase 2 out of 18 of the main quest.

The quests that make you actually think and stuff were cool though :v:

Well the second area has Hell leaking into it, vicious bugs that like to knock you down and kick your rear end, a magic school that is leaking magic and bringing back ghosts in it, and of course more zombies. So more variety, but I'm no sure what you mean by better. If you're not enjoying the storylines and the quests, they don't really "get better" than what currently is there.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

To me it seemed like the Flith/No filth quest solutions where just funcom's way of saying gently caress all those people that don't read our quests and pay attention to all the awesome poo poo we put in our dungeons.

If you spent just a tiny bit of time in the quests and paid attention to all the poo poo happening, it was blatantly obvious that there was always another solution besides what the filth was offering. I am loving TERRIBLE at puzzle quests, and I had no problems finishing all 3 of the choices the non-filth way. I actually thought they were really clever, requiring you to think for a minute instead of just blindly running through the quests. The first choice had me a little nervous since I had nothing else to go on other than the ghost of the previous person jumping off; but since all the previous missions had shown that I was effectively immortal, I figured what's the worst that can happen if I'm wrong, I replay the running down the tunnel bit.

The final puzzle was also fun, even though I'm sure most puzzle lovers thought it was way too easy. By that point I knew I didn't want to accept the crazy filth solution and just spent a little bit of time figuring out what else could be done.

That being said, listening to the number of goons that just said they face-rolled through the content and picked the easy filth choice, and then the people that consciously picked the filth choice over the other option; I'd say that 80% of goons so far have picked the filth choice. I really doubt we'll get anything but the very worst option that Tokyo has to offer. Thanks for completely destroying Tokyo you jerks! :argh:

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

alfheimwanderer posted:

To quote the newsletter:

"We are excited to invite you to celebrate the one year anniversary of The Secret World! Starting on Wednesday the 3rd of July at 12:00 CET / 6 AM EST and lasting until the 8th of July at 12:00 CET / 6 AM EST"

wow that really sucks. I'll be out of town that entire weekend. First event I'll be missing too.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

HughGRect posted:

In regards to the upcoming issue timeline, from what I have gathered: Issue 1.7.x willshow the filth invading agartha and it should be more then visual as Issue 8 gets closer. Issue 8 will be introduction to Venice, ability augments and the scenario system. It is unclear at this time if Tokyo is issue 9 and the end of Arc 1. It has been hinted that Tokyo will be released over the course of several issues.

At least with invasions of Agartha we know they have different instances of Agartha, so we won't have to deal with the Fusang bullshit again.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Cheston posted:

I can see why it's not in the game (the writing doesn't fit with the Lore style at all, and it looks like they went with "show, don't tell" on a lot of things anyways), but it's neat how it fits together.

yea, but the Akhab especially are the source of so many What the gently caress questions. That little bit of lore answers what they are, where they're from, and why they weren't around earlier. I mean I've always wondered if the League of Monster Slayers was forced to fight those akhab constantly or what. The rest of it is definitely interesting, but no where near as critical as I feel the akhab stuff is.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

elhondo posted:

not blade torrent, but escalation/intensity with agitator and fuel to the fire. Still lost aggro.

The important thing to remember about tanking in this game is that 1) Equiping only "tanking" pieces will make sure you fail at tanking. I know it's really strange, but you usually want 2 pieces of blue attack gear on and the rest all tanking pieces. If you're having issues holding agro against an overgeared healer, try 3pieces of attack gear. 2) healing (especially with blood) builds INSANE amounts of agro, especially since with barries agro builds even when it's not doing anything. if you're having issues keeping agro off the healer, tell them to slot SUBTLETY. It makes them generate less agro and is very useful when you're overgeared healing.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Cheston posted:

Do manifestations no longer advance Elemental Force?

Now I bet you there's a build in that. Build to 7 and drop 3 mani's, a shotgun turret and the Elite Turret and watch all the crit's roll in. Wonder if it's worth trying?

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Cheston posted:

Well, I was getting there. I reserve the right to be angry later.

Not allowed. No acting smug now and then being angry later when you fail horribly. You've already picked smug, now live with that decision.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

flatluigi posted:

You should go die.

I see they still haven't given players Segway mounts. I am disappointed to hear this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

I think I still have it installed, but haven't updated in 8 months or so. I've thought about logging back on to do 18's for shits and giggles... but then I realize I need to update, and then go on to play another game

• Locked thread