Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...

moonsour posted:

Don't forget the free boots!

Aye, the boots! :D By the way, I'm a couple of elites short of being ready to challenge gatekeeper and I'm kind of tired of running with pubbies. Think there might be any helpful goons willing to run me through Slaughterhouse, Ankh and DW Elite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Zhaan posted:

If you're sadly determined as I was to purchase a purple signet, you can eventually jump onto the tent there with enough effort.

Funcom: turning everything into a jumping puzzle (in a game not meant for platforming). Next update: Lasers

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh, and for the Anniversary Event, anyone who has ever played a Funcom title can play TSW for free (w/o client purchase) for a week.

Regarding the bosses...what I'm interested in is why we're supposed to "bring down" the Guardians of Gaia. I'm just hoping the world won't be as borked as with the Winter event.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Killsion posted:

New Letter indicates July 8th.

Anniversary Event from July 3-7.

To quote the newsletter:

"We are excited to invite you to celebrate the one year anniversary of The Secret World! Starting on Wednesday the 3rd of July at 12:00 CET / 6 AM EST and lasting until the 8th of July at 12:00 CET / 6 AM EST"

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

More from the Anniversary:http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/the_secret_worlds_first_anniversary

quote:

-Double XP: For the first two days of the event everyone can claim a potion in the Item Store which doubles XP from monsters for 8 hours. The potions can be claimed once per account every 24 hours.

- Double Ability Points: For the next two days every time you earn an Ability Point you also get an additional one as a bonus! This stacks with the bonus from Timed Ability Point boosts from the Item Store.

-Double Skill Points: For the last two days every time you earn a Skill Point you also get an additional one as a bonus! This stacks with the bonus from Timed Skill Point boosts from the Item store available to those who have defeated the Gatekeeper.

Also...Gatekeeper leaving Agartha to activate Guardians? Time to kill the golden man...

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Anniversary extended to July 15 -http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?p=1611361#post1611361

...does this mean an issue 7 delay?

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Here's me being a lovely person but:

I have this wonderful find about tacos I want to post in gif form here, but I don't have the internet recommended Photoshop, only GIMP, which generates 5+ MB files. Obviously that won't work, so if anyone here has a handy dandy link on how to properly make a low-size, nice quality gif (such as the taco one from page 7) I'd be grateful and also stop threadshitting.

Well, Gizmodo did mention that Adobe disabled the activation servers for Creative Suite 2. Granted, its old software, but if you had it at one point...

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Been unable to get into Fusang at all to kill the guardian. If any generous goon happens to have an extra bag, it would be very much appreciated. In game name is Scryvenyr

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

So guys, I'm in Fusang ganking the golem again. Anyone here on BG-A who hasn't been able to get in or otherwise still needs a pet?

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

quote:

Me and Einstein watched one as well, its part of the leadup to Tokyo.

...mm, I'm going to have to farm teddy bears every time the mission pops then (and yes, you can get multiple bears, as long as they're named differently).

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Didn't the devs mention at some point that there would be a veteran reward that would grant us AH/Mail/Bank access?

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=66105

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Blacklisting you for using hinders on a NM boss.

...but Razor Wire, while it slows the enemy, doesn't actually set hindered...

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

...so, did anyone manage to get the Vampires Aren't Forever achievement from killing Janos Dragosani in 5 minutes? If so, anyone have suggestions? Its not a matter of being able to kill him (since I can do that well enough - and quickly enough if I didn't get killed first), as much as connection errors (losing connection to server), getting glitched inside a wall, getting stuck on geometry (not being able to jump over a railing or move across the floor), or lagging and I get hit with an invisible clotting mire.

I don't even know what to do anymore. Is there any way to make this quicker and easier? Waiting 3 days every single bloody time is getting really, really old.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Indeed - getting to Janos has not been a problem. Nor has killing him if everything goes well - but something always seems to glitch (as a note, I use a sword/ele build for soloing, so I have purges and flicker available to me anyway + Exposed to kill him quicker). You would recommend the whip w/debuff as aux weapon though?

Hmm, maybe I'll try that. Either that, or I'd be willing to work with someone on it and kill him together.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

guppy posted:

Supposedly you can't get the achievement in a group because ???

I've heard conflicting things about it. Perhaps not enough damage was done by one, or one died (which also DQs one from the achievement, according to a GM)?

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

I figured that when I saw the mission pop up. But while the devs may have said one thing, people have been reporting that they are indeed getting the achievement in groups, so, eh. Hmm, maybe Anima Charge would be helpful.

Can the dot be cleansed, BTW?

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Update on Janos Draogani!

After much effort (and finding a geometry glitch in the mission that can get you stuck), I have managed to get the achievement. Here's what I learned from the experience: it is indeed doable in a group and dying does NOT disqualify you from the achievement (at least as long as one of the party members stays alive).

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Zephonith posted:

Nah, Marya Fighter or something, from the little barricade near the trucks between the two outposts. I think it might have been something buggy with the flamethrower, because I was setting a whole bunch of cultists on fire in that area earlier. She was showing up as Friendly so I couldn't offensive target her, but she kept hitting me with her shotgun so I had to run away till she stopped chasing me.

There are times when using AOE skills will aggros the friendlies in Egypt. I've seen this happen when using Stunning Swirl to intervene in a melee between the Maryas and Atenists near the East camp.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Kumo posted:

I'm talking about Offensive/Defensive stats like Hit, Evade, Defence, etc. Are there some that I should try to put more or less points in because some are more or less useful? Or should I just try to put a bunch in everything in trying to create a well-rounded character?

I'm some sort of Tank/DPS hybrid with Blade & Blood if that matters.

Well, given your specialty, your most important stats are probably Penetration, Block, and Hit, with some for Magical/Physical Protection. Many of your abilities in those weapon trees will proc off of Penetrations, after all - and as a tank, you do NOT want to receive a bad penetrating hit.

Block counters Penetration
Defense counters Hit

Glance/Evade tanks don't work all that well in late game, due to the spike damage you may receive - its usually better to be able to control the amount of damage you're getting so the healer isn't *too* stressed.

quote:

Also, how do you contact goons in game? I've tried the /join awful chat a number of times, but no one seems to be on when I'm playing.

Have you tried using the Mumble? A number of goons hang out there.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Confirmed.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

I'm up for the runs later. Should be fun!

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

So uh...is there anyone trying to grind down those Filth dungeons? Or are we waiting for winter?

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Cleretic posted:

In other news, Agartha got darker. The entire place is now at the light level that the gate to the first filth phase was at.

Interesting. I take it the current crop of Tendrils of Dis haven't been killed off yet?

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

You don't think 6 is a clue for 7, do you? Young and full of questions - you think it might be in Innsmouth Academy? Or the Smith's cabin?

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Couple quick things - there's going to be a new persistent ARG, if all goes well. This one will touch on events prior to those of TSW, though: http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/03/27/chaos-theory-grand-plans-for-the-secret-worlds-black-watchmen/

There was a mini-ARG these last two weeks called Division66, a prequel to this, though it just ended tonight. See http://support.division-66.com/ for more data!

alfheimwanderer fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Apr 3, 2014

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Funcom posted:

As a Grand Master of The Secret World we invite you to take part in the all new upcoming Alternate Reality Game (ARG), The Black Watchmen!

This fresh ARG is created by Human Equation, who brought The Secret World community The End of Days ARG, in December 2012, and the first Black Watchmen ARG right before the launch of The Secret World.

Hundreds of thousands of players took part in these ARGs, and as a lifetime Member of The Secret World you will get several free and unique bonuses in the new Black Watchmen Persistent ARG coming September this year!

The Black Watchmen Persistent ARG will give you the opportunity to take part in challenging investigations and special missions, and join a community full of ARG fans.

Use the key below to gain access to the following bonuses in The Black Watchmen ARG:

- One year free subscription to the Black Watchmen ARG
- A special tailor made mission about a wall of paper
- Access to the Division 33 exclusive club

For those interested, Grand Masters get free access to the upcoming Black Watchmen ARG by Human Equation - check your emails!

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Ruzihm posted:

I believe so, yes. Aren't ARGs usually free? I'm curious if the quality of a paid ARG will be noticably different from a free one.

Apparently there's something about abductions, persistent ARG and other business. I figure one can at least try it for a year for free, no?

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Blood and Elementalism can be a very viable endgame build, and should give you some range, since a number of those mobs hit pretty drat hard. Afflicts work nicely in Tokyo - just be sure not to pull too many things with your chain abilities.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Hesh Ballantine posted:

Also I didn't do Polaris at all or whatever the dungeon was for Savage Coast, should I go back?

Like guppy said, you don't absolutely have to (and there are elite versions for when you are at QL10 - and even Nightmare versions for when you've beaten all the elites), but they are nice for the story. Compared to dungeons from many games, a lot less trash and better design (with the exception of a few unfortunate glitches every once in a while)

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Not a bad choice. Do pick up the Hammer passive Cal, Cool and a collected - it synergizes well with Elementalisms crits! Also if you want a third weapon, which you may want for later, Fist is good too, as it also synergizes well with crits.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

At least it beats the grind for those sequins of sunrise.

Think they'll release kits for upgrading AEGIS beyond 1.4, or will that be issue 10?

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Morglon posted:

Happened to me too, loving hate Oni. Doing fairly okay with everything else though.

Oni can be annoying. So can Onryo, but everything dies soon enough.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Hakama, white (clothing, leg) (picture)
Jingasa Hat, white (clothing, head) (picture)
Kimono, white (clothing, chest) (picture)

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

xanthan posted:

So how hard is Xibalba? If I'm only up to Blue Mountain should I just forget getting to do it?

Xibalba normal is tuned for QL6, if I recall correctly. Its the NM version that can be a major pain with PUGs - that or bone collector achievement.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

If any goon wants to try this out for a month :

NHHB4GLQNMEVEWFQ

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Bombogenesis posted:

Solved all of my Blue Mountain problems by basically totally changing up my build. Switched from fist/blood to fist/chaos using the Executioner deck as a framework and now I'm pretty easily tearing things apart. The one issue I'm having is a lack of AoE damage but I do enough single target that it doesn't seem to be a huge issue. Feels like I need a stupid amount of hit to keep it going though later down the line, though. Any feed back is much appreciated. I'd like to finish the storyline before Funcom winds up collapsing after their next project blows up terribly.

Made some edits to what you have. Hopefully they help - applying Exposed is always useful if you have Chaos, and who doesn't like a bit of DOT?

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

jabro posted:

It's on your account page but I could only get to it from the email. There was no link in your account page. You also have to create a new account. You can't just add the issues to your existing account which is a bummer.

http://cdn.funcom.com/tsw/crm/2015/mar/epe_1/index_en_web_epe1.html will take you to the email, but unfortunately as above said, they require making a new account.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Just thought you'd all like to know. The Enhanced Player Experience pack is now available to existing accounts.

Just login on the portal, go to Account Offers and Upgrades, and choose The Secret World - Enhanced Player Experience Pack (still $20).

TL;DR: Issues 5-8 for $20 if returning player, or TSW + 5-8 for $20 if new player.

alfheimwanderer fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 23, 2015

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Len posted:

Honestly that was probably intended from Day 1 but Funcom hosed it up.

Probably. I heard something about a special new player offer, and then player feedback changing it, which is possible too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Amante posted:

Any word on whether those $20 packs are temporary or not? Would like to get, just not this second.

The offer is good until March 31st, but once you get them, the packs are yours.

• Locked thread