Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

Went looking at the TSW item store again today after seeing Issue 14 released. I'm not surprised to see that there's four new ear pieces that noone will see. Also I have 450 veteran points and there's still literally nothing worth getting.

Edit: Spent 100 points buying pets I'll never use and that stop giving neat bonuses after 3mil xp.

I just looked through the shop. New costume lets you be an Academy Award.

If it ever goes on sale, i'm buying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

I can BE the gatekeeper. I'm down.

The Gatekeeper was a BEE the entire time! :tinfoil:

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Scooby-Doo scenarios had me so loving excited when I heard about them. Screw you Plat for reminding me of my disappointment in Funcom.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Zephro posted:

Is the end-game bad/lazy then? That'd be a shame. I really liked the quests and atmosphere in Solomon Island and I'm looking forward to Egypt, plus what I hope is more developments in the whole Filth story. Am I just heading for a big helping of disappointment?

The solo story content is good all the way through, even the dungeons are worth running once (for the story). After the story, the game turns into a standard MMO dungeon grind for better gear.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
The clicky-jumpy portion of cost of magic was one of the only times I had to use keyboard and mouse over a controller.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

FUNCOM posted:

Elemental Force: This ability will now grant 1 stack of a buff when you finish activating any damaging ability (max 1 per second). At 5 stacks, you lose all stacks and gain a 20% Critical Chance boost for 5 seconds. Buff stacks cannot be gained while this buff is active.

Elemental Force has been a staple for a long time and in the end, we felt we couldn't move forward with improving build diversity without addressing the elephant in the room. Our initial change is to allow it to still provide a good critical increase that will stack with all other critical increases which will allow it to be useful in all types of builds. In addition, we wanted to keep the timed element so a good rotation can take the most advantage of the uptime of the new buff effect.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Is the crit% granted by EleForce independent of minor critical chance? If so, it could still be useful. It looks like it would work really well with the 2.5 second channeled consumers. Otherwise wouldn't you be back to using builders while the buff is still active after the first rotation?

Has anyone tried this game with the Steam controller? I picked one up on sale. I'm a super casual scrub and used to enjoy using an Xbox controller.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
What's the Tokyo boss like?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
The pvp battlegroups were only for Fusang, and there were talks a few months ago about reworking how Fusang works, including merging the final two into a single group.

The pve zones are supposedly intentionally empty for game play and atmosphere reasons, I don't have any proof of this, other than word of mouth. But you can group with anyone on any server.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Is #FreeEvilBillMurray still a thing?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

Hugh used to play exclusively on a controller and he was one of our better dps in the old days so it is possible to do. I rebound all of my controls to be around wasd. E was my builder, q my most used consumer, 4 my second consumer, 123 my interrupts, and 5 my whatever was left skill.

I used Xpadder with an Xbox 360 controller. Only places I needed to use the keyboard/mouse was jump puzzles like cost of magic (controller didn't have native support so the movement was all or nothing) and the raids like New York that pushed my computer and caused Xpadder to stutter.

Here is the profile I started with.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Would this work with my PS4 controller?

I don't have any experience with Playstation controllers. But if the controller works for other games with native controller support, then it should work with this as well.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Hi!

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
I would pay for a Klein chibi desktop figure. Bonus points if it spoke.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
I removed the blurb about discord from OP. The mumble servers are all long dead as well.

While i am not active in the game anymore, i do watch this thread. I can add current cabals, chat servers, content updates, and guides to the OP.

Also, my feelings wouldn't be hurt if someone (read: toshimo/mayushii) started a new OP.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Didn't the Akab pet have bug that caused it to attack other players?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Most of the tank builds are from before the rounds of ability buffs and cool down reductions.

Edit: I think bosses could resist the impairs from time to time, better to have an extra impair to prevent wipes.

Variable Haircut fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 30, 2016

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

Did they discontinue veteran points? I'm looking at the updated membership thing and it doesn't mention them anymore. Now you get a bonus thing for being subbed for X time.

I'm still seeing mine when I look at the store on their webpage.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Amante posted:

Cautiously optimistic. If the game is ever to do better financially, something like this is their only real shot.

Around the relaunch also seems like a good time to try and reestablish a goon presence. Other than Plat and I, who's game?

I have been considering coming back and this new relaunch has me curious as well. I might start testing the waters and playing from time to time, until I either get sucked back in or run away screaming.

Len posted:

Honestly I was thinking about making a new thread the next time the Super Special Awesome edition was on sale so I'll wait till then and make a new edition on the thread. Maybe we can scare up some new blood.

I'm surprised this thread has limped along for over three years.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
I hope the new player experience is all about Klein.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
I just bought a golden unicorn to ride. Can't wait for the game to finish downloading so I can be full of disappointment.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Is the anniversity channel still a thing?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Neat, two Secret Worlds to not wander around in.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
I hope it's a point and click adventure.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Joel is the lead dude on Punchman Exiles.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Almost 15 giggle-bits for the minimal install on SWL, what is the size of the full install? Out doing family things and can't check myself.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

Legitimately jealous of you people and your beta access :(

Did you check your spam folder? That's where mine was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I just went through a month of spam to make sure this didn't happen to me. Is the From: Funcom though?

Mine was from 'Funcom Newsletters@newsletter.funcom.com'

• Locked thread