Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Len posted:

I'm speechless. Like I don't even know what to say.

#FreeEvilBillMurray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Dareon posted:

They need more ridiculous clothing options.

The loss of the mankini isn't the greatest tragedy about this game, but it's definitely in the top five.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Oh, I didn't know the new dungeon was out yet. How's it hold up quality-wise? (I won't have my desktop back until some time in September.)

revenance posted:

Wait, you can get augments with BBs now? Or just the upgrade components?

Just the upgrade components.

**The fact that I can just buy filth containers to level up my AEGIS makes me actually want to do that. I'm gonna do that.

Cheston fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 28, 2015

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

I just want to say that these are inspired outfits.

Cheston fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 28, 2015

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Some good new player advice: make sure to do the dungeons, even if you don't do anything else.

Exmond posted:

This will make the game feel more like an MMO,

Woah now, let's not go crazy here.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Warmachine posted:

Not that it has ever meant much anywhere, but given that your player name is essentially a screen name in universe, xXxSephiROTH420xXx is perfectly acceptable, even on RP servers.

And if you'd like, I can free up the name "LilithLilith 'LilithLilith' LilithLilith" for you.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Morglon posted:

The thing with one of the hell things is that you need like the entire party to have a shotgun and one specific skill to clear some debuff or something and that needs to be coordinated. Was lucky that one of the earlier bosses dropped one when people were doing it with me and I was using an assault rifle as my weapon so I was able to do whatever the gently caress I wanted with my second weapon. Don't know if that's still a thing but that's something to look out for before doing nightmares but I'm sure if you ask before you start people will tell you and probably help you with poo poo.

The skill's called Cleanup, and I only ever needed mine :smuggo: :leechcrew:

okay we'd take two but it was very rare that a dps would burn to death with just mine

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I wish we could reset the blue story missions or just play through them again in simulations or something.

IIRC they added this awhile back.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Mercurius posted:

The one thing to remember with that is that quite a lot of the story instances are solo for some reason so you guys might have to do those separately sometimes. Other than that, the rest of the game is better with two people.

To add on to this, if one of you typically heals or off-heals, consider primarying Assault Rifle, which heals through "leech" abilities that heal your defensive target by a percentage of damage dealt (with some variations). It'll work nicely through solo instances, and IMO it's the best / most fun method of healing. At least until you get to Tokyo, where there's a mechanic that was introduced at least partially to make it not viable.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

General Maximus posted:

It actually does work now! As of a hotfix near the end of February you can leech off aegis mobs if your controller matches the shield. It's based off the damage before aegis is applied so in theory you should get the same heal you would if you were hitting an unshielded mob.

From the official patch notes:

Oh! Oh, this kind of makes me want to get the band back together for a few runs.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

For the first day or so when they were dropping orange augments like candy (and people were buying the useless ones for 150m pax), Group Elite was totally worth it! We got a lot of signets out of that deal.

I recommend Blades/Chaos. I had a pretty thorough ability + gear build that could solo Group Elite and do the Solo Nightmare achievements, but it's on the dead forum. There's a signet that has a chance to proc a leech effect when you get healed- get the purple version, and use a passive that heals you. Every... 20 seconds? The leech effect will activate and you'll shoot up to full health because you're always doing AOE damage. The rest of it's about aggroing every spawn of every wave and running away from the civilians.

But also they're terrible and don't do them.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

I think you still get augments without issue 8? I've had stuff drop that I think is for them and it didn't have "you can't use this you manky scrub" written on it at least. Issue 12 adds a couple of 5 man dungeons as well, I believe but I don't have that either yet.

You can buy/sell/trade augments freely, but they do only come from Scenarios. The augments you're getting are probably AEGIS stuff. Either way you can definitely skip Issue 8.

Rookersh posted:

- Issue 12 just adds a raid right? I assume I'm never going to see that since the goon guild is dead/pubbies are probably terrible, so there isn't much reason to buy that either. Right?

Buying it adds the Tokyo dungeon. The raids had already been in-game, one as a summer event (modified for 10 players instead of 40) and another requiring a lot of Lair pieces (now free on a timer).

I haven't done the Tokyo dungeon so I dunno whether it's up to par with the rest. It has AEGIS, so it's got that going against it.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Len posted:

They're selling aux weapon skins in the cash shop now making my stockpile of sovtech completely worthless :negative: not that I'm ever going to play the AH again.

aaaw, I had at least a couple laying around :(

OTOH I haven't played since the last story update and none of singing goon squad wants to grind AEGIS for dungeons.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

If I ever make a game with a hilariously frustrating mission, I'm going to find an excuse to call it Cost of Magic.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Len posted:

Apparently the Funcom forums got hacked and all the information for logins was stolen. Supposedly that doesn't mess with game stuff though.

:thatfuncomemote:

aaaw. My game password was unique, but I don't remember my forums password and that was shared with... something. I don't remember which thing but there's at least one.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Len posted:

Hugh used to play exclusively on a controller and he was one of our better dps in the old days so it is possible to do. I rebound all of my controls to be around wasd. E was my builder, q my most used consumer, 4 my second consumer, 123 my interrupts, and 5 my whatever was left skill.

I forgot about this!

hi hugh

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Len posted:

I crashed a wedding dressed in a speedo, fairy wings, and a unicorn mask. I did /graffiti to the bride and then when she asked me to stop tried to RP as a unicorn surprised I could be seen. The bride didn't find it as funny as me.

They got lucky though because my original plan was to kite padurii into the ceremony.

I really ought to have joined in instead of asking you to raid, I remember that wedding better than the Lurker.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Mercurius posted:

Also, get a notebook and write all your working notes and solutions down in it as you go. Your family/friends/significant other will think you're a satanist if they ever find it afterwards :haw:

FYI the Old Norse runes on the Darkness War loading screen do roughly translate to Darkness War. This message brought to you by my satanist notebook.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Len posted:

Funcom put up a new merch shop. They almost had a coffee mug I would buy.

https://store.fabzat.com/funcom/pre-made/92/option-1/315

I'm sad that I only got a job after the welovefine store closed. I want my league of monster hunters t-shirt :(

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Red Mundus posted:

I wonder why they dropped the veteran points system.

I don't think people ever used them.

The Reconstructor (the only permanent utility item you can buy with Veteran Points), costs 30. Everything else is QL10 blues, and consumables, neither of which people want to spend a time-gated currency on.

**also I have 69420 points so I'm never spending currency again

***there are also tentacle hats and zebra masks, but that only gets you so far.

Cheston fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Feb 12, 2017

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Len posted:

I got awful raid loot rolls :negative:

If I could go back in time I promise I would cheat several rolls for you before switching to that roll-100 site where everyone could just join a lobby.

(Fun Fact: TSW had no /roll at launch. Nor for several months post-raid IIRC)

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

quote:

Supernal Diode etc
- Original idea was to use them as ingredients for legendary 3rd age weapons for each of the nine weapon types.
- The skins released were originally to use for these weapons.
- Several stages of crafting and each different weapons required different bosses to drop stuff.
- This has all been dropped now.

my diode :(

OTOH thank christ that legendary weapon hunt is out of my life, and Zepho was the only one who got the second piece anyways (hi zepho)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Colgate posted:

Dragon's schtick doesn't interest me, but I heard they get very interesting later on?

I've always found Dragon super interesting, but as the game goes on you're in for more and more of a ride with them, yeah. The philosophy of the faction doesn't change, though- you should pick them if you enjoy having no clue why you're being sent anywhere.

Just have fun! a wetware pc baang hivemind probably fractal'd things out two months ago.

• Locked thread