Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Fruits of the sea posted:

Actual gameplay question: I got a phone call from some guy called the Pyramidion about a quest, which I declined, is there still a way to do it? The game somehow timed the call at the exact time that I was also getting a call from the nympho fortune teller for another quest.

It should be at your faction HQ. (Sonnac's office for Templars, Geary's office for Illuminati, and a phone that somebody left under a tree for Dragon.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

So I'm currently running AR/Shotgun, but I'm wondering if AR/Pistol might be better. My reasoning is that I'm glyphed for Penetration, so I'll get less marginal damage increase from Breaching Shot than from Deadly Aim (since BS can't make a Pen a double pen, but DA can make it a Pen/Crit). Thoughts? Or should I suck it up and go AR/Ele, and bring Short Fuse instead?

It's a flat 40% increase to your penetration chance unless you're already at 60% or above (unlikely, unless you're QL10 and in Kingsmouth), so I wouldn't worry about wasted potential as compared to Deadly Aim. Plus, you need Crit Power to take full advantage of critical hits, so it would probably end up an overall decrease in DPS. I would spread out to AR/Ele just because it's fun, but yeah, being able to take Short Fuse when needed is nice.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Len posted:

And in other news, there's an Internet Superstar at it again! Another 13 hour livestream! What's the over/under on Funcom deciding this is going to be the one year event now?

You should make a stream of you doing /sleep for thirteen hours.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Yeeeeeeeeeah that was a few days ago so.... gently caress.

I've actually seen stuff flat-out disappear when doing really tricky inventory movements. For future reference, whenever that happens, whatever disappeared should pop up in the first available inventory slot within a minute or so.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

GEMorris posted:

Unless of course they fired the compromised account guy...

If they haven't fired him, he's probably wearing a second hat. And maybe a third.

Also, I've been on Testlive. Spoiler for 1.7: The missions are amazing. Looks like Content is a week out, maybe a week and a half.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Gloves/Glasses/Chest/Legs/Boots. You can wear a jacket over it.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

HughGRect posted:

Not too much maybe, since it uses the same currency as the vendor in Egypt you can just load up on doing last train missions now until you hit the cap of 150 credits of Car Oreos.

There's a cap? I don't regret trying out a Kingdom signet, then.

Also, for anyone who didn't know, the new Ca' d'oro will have Neck 10.1s and purple Major signets usable only with them. They're a bit more effective than a blue violence/vigour/amelioration, but not as good as a purple. (I.E. 117 AR, 117 HR.... 410hp?) A good assumption is that you'll be able to pick one of the three neck talismans at the end of the 1.7 chain.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Well, we saw part of it and it wasn't totally hosed.

Buuuuuut it's rather hosed.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

I hadn't actually been in London's record store before. Did not know that Cowpunk and Calypso-style Baila were actual genres.

**On the record dividers, I mean, not as the music that got put in.

Cheston fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jun 28, 2013

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

My go-to roleplaying character is named LilithLilith "LilithLilith" LilithLilith, and I was very pleasantly surprised to find that the name was not taken.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

KaneTW posted:

Toshimo did someone step on your toes or why are you being a dick to literally everyone in this thread?

I've been assuming that he just never got toes.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Thanks. I was sad that I was splitting 4 into 2 2's and then splitting those. It was arduous.

There's also a mod. It can automate a lot of tasks and makes it so that when you hold Shift and drag off a stack, you pull one of that item.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Section Z posted:

Which one gets closest to a motorcycle cop? I want to give parking tickets to vampires before I shoot them. I'd figure Templars at least have the Mindset, if not the fashion.

I'm pretty sure the only motorcycle helmet was given out during the Christmas/End of Days event :( Otherwise, I think the only cop outfit is on the store.

Here's one link to all of the outfits, though it looks like the shots were all taken on low settings/before a few of them got improved.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

I like the new teaser. It doesn't actually start until fifteen seconds in because :logos:

Talkc posted:

What QL should i be for Savage Coast? Im at about 2-3.

You should be fine. In general, gear you get from mission completions in one zone are baseline for the next.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

fullTimeLurker posted:

wow that really sucks. I'll be out of town that entire weekend. First event I'll be missing too.

It starts before the weekend! We can do everything Thursday nigh- oh.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

I hadn't realized that Luminata (the girl in the Romany camp) actually says she's been told that so many people with magic powers are showing up because Gaia is protecting herself. It was an ambient line, has that always been there?

**Enjoy your single extra bullion.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Aaaw, I want to get inside Fusang :(

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

This event is making me very wealthy purple.

Transylvania guardians are up within 1-3 hours.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

I love how many people this is bringing to the Signet market. Somebody listed a blue Aggression (normally 6 mil) at 1.5 mil, and then two more people listed under that.

Money!

**Also, I'd hold off on buying Signets until after today, see how many people are going to be running these on the extended time. Prices keep going down!

Cheston fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jul 7, 2013

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Bursk posted:

And will my playing partner and I be able to do this pretty soon after we complete the tutorial, or is there anything else we should get done before going after the bosses?

The "tutorial" ends at the Sheriff's office in Kingsmouth, so once you finish there (you talk to... Bannerman?), you'll be able to meet up on people and go crazy. You'll have to run all over the place finding anima wells/agartha entrances, though.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

xanthan posted:

So seriously, when each month do the bonus points go out? Just sort of waiting on that to get Issue 7.

There's an option in your account settings called "Setup DLC Autobuy." It might be too late for this month, but if you enable this, it will always buy DLC when it comes out and subtract the difference when you get a new month's bonus points.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

I want to get into Fusang :(

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

HughGRect posted:

Edit: Looks like CupBoys post about RDB's was removed from the official forums.

Too late :)

Also, servers are up.

**The Fusang Experience:

Cheston fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 11, 2013

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Zephonith posted:

And well poo poo... I still have four separate bags in my inventory. Guess I might be getting a purple signet of breaching after all.

I would wait a few months and buy ten.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Fasheem posted:

According to people on the official forums, Battlegroup A is broken though B is still working.

A contains grim, cerberus, arcadia, and... some others? It's definitely broken, it went from 75 Dragon after the boss was downed to 4 an hour later.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

HughGRect posted:

Some fuel for your fire:

Screenshots don't show that lava moves around inside of the Hell one. Might go with Orochi, though. I thought I'd like Sov-Tech more, going solely off the thumbnail.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Hee. Funcom posted a bunch of images of the Anniversary fights on their Facebook. Do you see what I see?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

QQmore posted:

Not enough horse heads?

None of the people in it read this thread, apparently.

This just in: Sov-Tech bubble makes Cheston potentially rich.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Not So Fast posted:

I really hope to see more of the Morninglight in Tokyo. Their story kind of ended as a damp squib in Transylvania, but the repeated use of "We're all made of stars" from their lore in Issue #7 makes me think they'll still play a part.

Samuel has IMO cut off Lilith from Orochi in general, that's why she needed our help to get through Hatchet Falls and The Nursery. He was also pretty pissed off at her opening the Breach, if you listen to the audio from the when you first enter the Breach..

To clarify:

That is the same voice that you hear/talk to in the sabotage/investigation missions in the Blue Mountain and CotSG orochi camps, right?

Also, a split within Orochi would make perfect sense, all of Carpathian Fangs is "Orochi gets wrecked because Lilith got Mara to call on a Vampire Crusade to get into the Chasm." Doesn't The Red Thread show that Lilith is the reason Mara turned into a vampire/turned against Dracula? So, long plan there. Dunno why a member of the Host would trust Lilith, but hopefully we see Chandra in Tokyo.

Great stuff in your post, Archonex.

(my classes end in two weeks I will honestly make the wiki then)

Cheston fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jul 13, 2013

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Archonex posted:

From what I recall, it's basically caught between a three/four/possibly more way clusterfuck of a cold war between (possibly) exiled angels, whatever the gently caress the Filth is, star devouring mollusk gods, crazy humans, the thing that's sleeping beneath the Sargasso Sea (Which may or may not be part of the "prime" filth infection.), and maybe the legions of hell depending on if Eblis and company become a factor in the future outside of the Wicker storyline.

The conflict doesn't have quite as many factions as you think- the Star Devouring Mollusk Gods ("The Eight," if I remember right) are the Dreaming Prisoners being kept in check by the Gaia engines. The filth is them reaching into the world as the engines fail- it's not a faction, it's a transmission.

The Sargasso Sea may have just been a giant monster (red seaweed, makes draug, etc...) at one point, but now it's been corrupted by the Filth. (This may or may not indicate that a failing Engine, or at least a vector for the Filth, is under the Atlantic Ocean.) The last mission of Tyler Freeborne is one of the prisoners pulling you into their dream, or an extension of it in whatever Draug mind is left.

The angels/"The Host" may have multiple factions. There are the two that contact you in a dream right at the beginning and show up at the end, there's Eblis, and there's Samael, and none of them appear to be allied or in contact.

I'd love to see demonkind and Wicker show up again, although Hell was largely self-contained and ended with Wicker and co. leaving for who-knows-where.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Zephonith posted:

Is there any consensus on what the Orochi computer mission voice's accent is meant to be? It sounds like a weird mishmash of a whole bunch of accents to me, so I can never really place it.

It's Samuel Chandra, CEO of Orochi. We, uh, went over it pretty thoroughly last page.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Zephonith posted:

Yeah if I had to guess I'd say South African, but it's my default guess for accents that sound like a weird mix of other accents. It's possible he's trying to do another accent badly, but the quality of voice acting in this game is too good for that.

Oh, accent. I'm going with "weird mishmash." It leaves what feels like an intentional impression (on the part of the developers, I mean).

Being more specific, but again, spoilers about who the voice is, and grounded speculation:

To me, it sounds like a voice that's speaking a bit of every accent of english. Like they're all foreign to the speaker/were all picked up over a long time, but are dominated/guided by a sort of businesslike or royal demeanor. (Remember how Eblis acted/spoke? Only with more control, less rage, and time spent on Earth instead of in the Hell dimensions.)

A vague accent would make sense- if Chandra is immortal/ a member of the fallen Host, he'd have been around for all of this Age.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Archonex, you haven't played 1.7? It tells you that the Dreamers and the mollusks are the same thing. They were never different things, and the lore never indicated that they were different before 1.7. It just wasn't (and will never be) explicit.

Freeborne: I didn't mean one giant monster, I meant the Draug (and what turned the Vikings into Draug) in general. That's what "You're in our dream, and we're in theirs. We're all in this together." is talking about. It's a generally-crazy dream-mingling situation.

The Labyrinth: You are drawing extensive amounts from a part of one of Geary's lines, and it's a line that reads as flavor to begin with.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

The hourly back-pats were a little excessive, but yeah, I'll take it in exchange for being able to do the event with a tenth the personal effort.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

If you end up playing through the full launch storyline/like the game, I do highly recommend the mission packs. Each one easily meets and surpasses the main story missions in quality. Don't worry about them beforehand, though, they are for QL10 ("max level") characters.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

HughGRect posted:

I might be going by old Beta knowledge

You are, it's a flashback. During the opening cutscenes: You hear a news broadcast talking about an incident in Tokyo. By the time you get to the flashback, it's been about two weeks since it happened.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Reverend Dr posted:

Though his mission debriefs for Issue 8 seem to be written a bit differently and I'm afraid whoever they got writing for him now didn't get the memo.

I noticed that with the Dragon mission debriefs as well. It sorta works, because the 1.7 Dragon debriefs ended in your original 'handler' getting 'disconnected', but still. It was basically rote "chaos, ripples, something something" for a couple of paragraphs each mission. Having played through 1.8 once on each faction, Illuminati have by far the best reports (or at least, theirs maintain quality and don't feel noticeably off).

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

That band actually entered a separate song for the contest. The devs heard the lullaby at a concert in Montreal and started talking with them.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Fun Fact: It is possible to solo Last Train to Cairo in under 9 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

I have 5627 max HP. I'm lacking damage, aren't I?

That can be it, but having a crit-based build will also hurt you. Hit and Penetration are more important stats for soloing, in order to avoid your attacks Glancing (Hit) or being Blocked (Pen). Penetration also increases your chance of getting a Penetrating hit- those do additional damage, but unlike Criticl hits, don't require a second stat to be as effective.

• Locked thread