Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Phanatic posted:

I unsubbed I think just about the time they announced they were going FTP, I got my rocket launcher, thought that whole addition was sort of silly and unthematic, and figured I'd take time off.

This is actually a pretty good time to get back in to it, since there's a weekend event going on right now (doubled black bullions, free XP potions, free boots & extra referral bonuses).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

It's always right around the day you paid for your membership. If you're a lifetimer, it's when you paid for it, or the 11th or 12th if you were already a lifer before they dropped the sub requirement. Ask support if you want to make sure, they can give you the precise date and time.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

quote:

Cabals are cross dimension as well

But not cross-faction, remember!

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

A "Main mission" is any Investigation, Sabotage, or Action mission. Green (laptop icon), Yellow (bundle of dynamite), and Red (dude running), respectively. Item missions, or "side" missions (box icon), are a blue/green color; you can have up to three of those active at any time. Story missions are the light blue missions and are always active and cannot be abandoned unless you get hosed by some weird bug.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

I've always been a fan of "Too Slow", myself.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

I'm assuming it was one of your ranking missions; just go back to your faction HQ and look for a 'special assignment' mission somewhere near your contact (Geary, Sonnac, Dojang)

"V" will, by default, loot everything in a radius around you.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

GEMorris posted:

At the point in the game you get it, every version of London underground is difficult.

The Dragon version is arguably the hardest because you can't click on the sword half the time :laugh:

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

thegodofchuck posted:

So, no one had any suggestions and no patches since have done anything and my graphics card drivers are up to date... here's an example... it's hard to play pretty pretty princess when the game looks like this:

smacking everything down to low settings didn't help either. Sigh.

This actually happened to me once. I have no clue what happened, but I ended up finally reinstalling the entire client and it looked fine again after that. :/

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Phase 1 just ended about 10 minutes ago.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

edit: do this at your own risk, they'll probably be watching for this since news has been spreading about it.

novaSphere fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Nov 12, 2013

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Unlike the dynamite or stat poo poo, isn't this something that will actually leave a mark on your character (achievement and item reward)?

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Yes, perfect. 3D Glasses + that loving mask is the optimal combination.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

So, in other news, http://unfair.co/ has just closed.

quote:

"As of today, Monday March 3rd, 2014, I bring to a close Unfair.co and all associated projects."

TL;DR people are getting mad about YouTube copyright claims and streaming and e-cred.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Aha, here's the other side of it:

http://walkthroughtruth.blogspot.ca/

Everything about this meltdown is amazing. :magical:

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

thegodofchuck posted:

Are all the crafting phases active still, is that what is going on? Like if I find the crap in my inventory and try and figure out who would best benefit from getting fragments still I can craft at any filth portal? Or are they activating in some order or what?

Or is no one actually going in game to find out?

All three portals are at the craft and turn-in stage right now. If you have more than 1 of each vessel, you can't get more until you're out of your old stack or delete them. You used to get 20 before, but now you only get 1. If you already did the missions back when they were first available, then you won't see the mission again (but you can still turn in the mats for tokens if you want/need them). The whole point, really, is so people can get the credit for the missions so they can get the meta-achievement for that hat.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Or you left the client running overnight and haven't patched. A new version went live today, so restart your client and see if you need to update.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

The Lumie Mercenary deck begs to differ :colbert:

No but really, Templar are the best vanity-wise.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Len posted:

Double edit: Found an English one in game. Does it say the same as the Japanese one though? I HAVE TO KNOW!!!

I'll check in to it and report back to you; just for you.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Zephonith posted:

Yeah it does. It reads like the English one was written first, then translated into Japanese.

Yeah, this is 100% how all the Japanese is in Tokyo. It's super basic stuff. For reference:

Original English:

WHAT IS THE GREAT MESSAGE?
WHAT IS THE GREAT COMING TOGETHER?
You are not your body. You are not your fear. They put those weights on you. They keep you weighted, sedated, and confused. Isn't it time to let go? Isn't it time to soar? Free your potential. See what lies trapped under your fear.
You are made of stars. Fear nothing!

Found the Japanese:

大いなる教えとは?
大いなる団結とは?
あなたとはあなたの体ではない。あなたとはあなたの恐れではない。それらはあなたに重しとして乗しかかる。重みを与え、落ち着かせ、混乱させ続ける。解き放つ時が来たのではありませんか?高く舞い上がる時ではありませんか?あなたの可能性を解き放ちましょう。恐れの下に閉じ込められている偽りを確かめましょう。
あなたは星からできている。恐れなど感じません!

It's technically correct, but it's just a bit too literal.

edit: Apparently it's not very smoothly translated, but still gets the message across (to a native Japanese person, anyway)

novaSphere fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 8, 2014

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Trial codes last 72 hours from your first log-in to the game itself (technically it's when you begin character creation) and I think you can get another 48 hours tacked on if you complete 30 non-tutorial missions during that time. I think.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

It's a new parallel-progression gate mechanic that was introduced with Tokyo. All Tokyo enemies have shields (red, purple, blue) that you have to first whittle down with your AEGIS items before you can inflict actual damage to them. You get AEGIS stuff pretty much for just walking in to Tokyo, so don't sweat it until you're actually there.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Or the final encounter just breaks and Ami sits there with a thumb up her rear end. Happens all the time.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Rincewind posted:

And the issues are all story content for after you're done with the main story, so you can probably hold off on buying them until you're finished with that.

And even then, issues 8 and onward are the only ones required to continue the story after Mortal Sins. 5, 6, and 7 are all just auxiliary weapons and other missions.

Then there's the side story packs, but that's another matter. Still optional, though.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Is Super Hel broken again this year? Is she even a thing this time? I remember last year that stupid thing would break every other spawn.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Oh, yeah. Broken as in you literally could not attack her after she spawned sometimes (kind of like the Tokyo golem during the anniversary)

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

I got one for you: H2KLL7HFKCQQUQDFX5PD

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

The "Unseen" achievements seem to be hosed in some way or another, so godspeed to anybody trying them. AFAIK Living Oil and The Pick-Up are hosed, who knows what else.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

On the other hand, it was probably a fraud flag, in which case they have to redirect you through e-mail support.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Zephonith posted:

General consensus is that Illuminati get the best mission flavour text and handler, while Templar get the best faction-specific mission. Dragon get... cryptic messages and stuff, I guess.

The Dragons get dumb fortune cookie responses out of their mission reports, but things change after you're done with Tokyo.

Seriously, Daimon Kyota may very well usurp Geary if the writers can keep up with lines like "I'm your dingle dangler now."

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Let's not forget that the other player-voted contest had its own controversy because the original "winning" costume design was disqualified because the artist worked "for an affiliate". That's why we ended up with the stupid Ballistic Veil outfit.

novaSphere fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Aug 26, 2015

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

I suggest getting Further Analysis so you can do Immersion, which is a mission that lets you then skip scenarios by paying an NPC in Venice 1mill PAX. Scenarios are still handy for augments but that's about it. They suck to grind.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Len posted:

Apparently the Funcom forums got hacked and all the information for logins was stolen. Supposedly that doesn't mess with game stuff though.

:thatfuncomemote:

Epic got hit not too long ago either. vBulletin is a piece of poo poo.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

It's CTRL SHIFT F1

Or just bind it to a macro, yeah.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

No. Fashion World is very important

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

They did say they're giving bonuses to people who bought the game or its bundles if they want to transfer to Legends. So it's not like veteran players are getting nothing, unlike how AoC was

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/SecretWorldLgds/status/848227531840991233

I gotta admit, this is pretty :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

The stream was amazing if only because of "fusangprojects" and several people arguing with each other for two straight hours about PvP in twitch chat.

After the stream had already ended.

• Locked thread