Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Managed to get three decent prints out of five pulls. For what I’ll charge that’s probably good enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Speaking as someone that’s dabbled with making my own frames… 5 custom frames for $250 is a loving steal

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Doctor Dogballs posted:

just made my first print. looking for some advice.

What I would like to do is make these prints then add color with watercolor. is there an ink made specifically for printmaking that will hold up to this? The ones they have at the store all say they're water soluble. This print was made with oil paint thinned with a bit of galkyd lite and a bit of thinner.

Yup there are a bunch of oil-based relief ink, though you might need to go online. Cranfield is what I usually use, and they have one that can be cleaned with soap and water. Does your local store have the speedball fabric ink? I think those are water-safe too.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Hi thread. The art front has been pretty quiet for me this year, largely from feeling stuck. But in the last month, the dam very suddenly burst open

Prints

And workshopping a new vibe with some paint markers

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Made a new thing

Comes in blue and violet, too

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I love the new vibe. So full of personality with such minimal strokes:)

What painting markers you using ?

Posca, they're pretty nice. I was planning on turning them into blocks but there's not been any nibbles on them, though I like the gray one enough I might do it anyway

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

A good photo with a proper lighting set up is the professional way to get art imaged, and is going to be better than any scan for all but the most flat and untextured image. A 24MP photo is good for a 13x20 inch print at 300dpi.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

New stuff for a new year. I’m resolving to do small, low-production-count pieces to force myself to rely less on re-printing the same old stuff all the time

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

I've also been doing some experiments with setting wood on fire, then printing it

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

I forgot to post the other prints I threw together the last few months

Chip McFuck posted:

I've been painting a series of small portraits of people whom I follow on Youtube. I'd randomly pause one of their videos and paint whatever the result was. Each one is painted with acrylics on chipboard and the painted area measures two inches by two inches. Been having a lot of fun with these!

Rad

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Neon Noodle posted:

Can I buy any of these?

Drop me a message on Etsy (or PM if you want to stay away from Etsy) and we can make it happen

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

It’s four days to go until my next market, so that means it times to make some more birds

Great Blue Heron, 12x18 inches

Killdeer, 8x10 inches

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

A few new things for people to not buy

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Linocut, black and gold ink on paper
18 x 24 inches

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Yeah the gold standard is bright lights at an acute angle (at least 45 degrees), diffused by diffuser boxes or bounced off a white surface, but any diffuse light at an angle can make do. And if you varnish your paintings take the pictures before you do it.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Yo dupersaurus, thanks for pointing me in the right direction over in the woodworking thread. After a couple experiments, here's my first ever print:

(recipient's name censored)

https://i.imgur.com/U4C5Wvb.gifv

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

I’ve been in baby hibernation for the last few months but the day of market reckoning approaches so I’m back carving and pulling tests

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Mustang posted:

Love it! What's your process for making stuff like that?

It’s a linocut, and I have an etching press to… press it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Back on my birdshit

Downy Woodpecker

Eastern Whip-poor-will

Both linocut prints on paper, 8x10 inches