Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

First piece of the ACAB series of my iPad Pro came in.

Edit:

Also I am conflicted about screen protectors. Considering a matte one. Though I dunno how much writing I'll be doing the tactile response sounds like it would be really nice for writing in search boxes. How much would something like a Paperlike effect the TV and Movie watching experience?

The General fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jul 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

My Pencil came in today.

Two more weeks for the ipad itself. I am dying of wait :(

The General
Mar 4, 2007

When I put my screen protector on, can I just peel the factory sticker off and skip the wet wipe?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Disappointing Pie posted:

I really loved the Paperlike 2 but it definitely gives it that matte screen look. But it felt so so good when drawing on it.

How are the viewing angles on it?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Goddamnit. Two specs of dust caught under there. :argh:

Once its finished charging I'll give it a spin and see if they bother me.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I did that :( Bad lighting and I generally have a bad dusting record.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

They're there off in a corner. I dont notice them while watching youtube or Netflix. If they continue to not be a bother then whatever.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

iPad pro 12.9 is the best tv I've ever bought. The speakers on it are great. And I like how taking out an airrpod automatically pauses things.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I'd be more interested in the magic keyboard if it worked with the smart folio.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

When I watch Prime Video the time and date, battery and bottom app bar thing all stay up. Anybody know how I fix it?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Rinkles posted:

the 12.9" iPad pro is out of stock everywhere i checked

I had to wait a month for mine.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Magic keyboard does look cool but it takes up laptops amount of space with it. And also if you take it off the keyboard, then it's naked and that's no good.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I've been an Android person since the start of smartphones, and anti-apple since itunes ate my music collection because I plugged in a brand new ipod. But when looking at tablets Apple really is the only decent option IMHO.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I'm too cheap for a proper keyboard so I found this to use on my android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.appground.blekpremium

Edit: the touchpad works very well. The keyboard is kinda spotty. I fixed most of my issues by disabling autocorrect and auto complete on the ipad. For the buck fifty I paid I'm happy.

The General fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Aug 29, 2020

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I just want to say dont buy your 9 year old an ipad pro. I'm 35 and it's almost wasted on me. The only way I can justify it is that I watch a lot of TV on it and the speakers are better than some TVs I've owned.

Regardless of what kind it ipad you get your kid though, AppleCare for sure. If you can't afford the extra $50 or whatever it is, you definitely cant afford the $400 to replace it due to whimsy.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

So far not impressed. It hosed with my widget panel on the homescreen, removed my shortcuts from it and is also trying to automatically display pictures in it.

Who wants their device to scour it's memory for pics and display them at random?

Edit: Batteries widget sucks now.

Edit 2: Seriously though, how the gently caress do I put my shortcuts back?

Edit 3: Found it. Press and hold, and hit the plus in the upper left. But looks worse than it did 20 minutes ago.

The General fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 16, 2020

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I really don't like what they did to the widgets and today view. Things are bulkier and uglier and seems to offer less flexibility. Scribble is rad though.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Yeah but engravings.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I love the ipad pros speakers and spend most of my time watching tv and smoking weed outside.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I am too old and set in my ways, infinite canvas sounds like a nightmare of trying to find things.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I'm sure I'm just dumb but the easiest way I've found to transfer files around my various devices is an FTP server on my computer.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Magic keyboard should work with the apple folio. If it did I might have picked one up. But imho it's only kinda half mobile after keyboard detaching.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I'm always surprised at how much I use the pencil.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I only got a couple specs under my screen protector, thankfully they're near the edges of the screen and I never actually see them.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

I still don't understand screen protectors on a tablet.. I use my iPad Air 4 for Procreate and I'm 100% sure it'd eat through those $20 nibs from Apple like sandpaper...

I know a lot of other artists LOVE Paperlike but...

I need one because my primary use is as a TV in a shed and often time weed or grit gets stuck to the cover when it's being a stand and then pressed into the screen when closed. I also like the reduced glare the paperlike gives.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I honestly can't say as I didn't even turn my iPad on before putting a screen protector on it. But I haven't had any complaints about the quality of the image. I was very concerned about it, but I don't think you should be.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I so wish the the regular expensive basic iPad case was compatible with the magic keyboard. I might have splurged for that. But the thought have having to switch between them annoys me.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Sounds like Apple missed their mark by 8 days.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

inferis posted:

My bf gave me a $1000 gift card for Christmas to get an iPad Pro and he laughs every time I say no really the new one is just around the corner.

The new one is just around the corner. Even if you buy the newest released in a few weeks, an even never one is going to come soon.

The General fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 9, 2021

The General
Mar 4, 2007

priznat posted:

Also anyone have a good app for learning to draw? I have a pro and a pencil but I am poo poo at drawing and thought maybe there is an app that has some lessons..

I'm not an artist at all, but I drew this with Procreate with this tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF9vFKXELsg

And also this with another one of her tutorials.

Flo has other videos on building up skills too, such as

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35rju_APLqQ

The General fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 2, 2021

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Switching between two apps isn't terrible. Anything more than that is end of times though. But I think I might be defective because I have a hell of a time even opening the screen that shows all the open apps.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

rohan posted:

I think it’s clicked now, to the extent that using my iPhone 8 with its home button now feels awkward (and I keep trying to wake it by tapping the screen, which is, yes, a much more convenient way to unlock).

Depending on tiredness/intoxication levels I sometimes find myself trying to four finger swipe between apps on my Android phone.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I would like you both to send me your ipads and I will the judge of this.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Call into Apple support and have them run a diagnostic on the ipad. It will pull the battery health

Why the gently caress can't do I this myself?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I'd highly recommend a screen protector with smart cover unless you're only putting it down on immaculate surfaces.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Only takes once to get some damage if you're unlucky. Or you could wipe the table every time you put your iPad down.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

4:3 is hell outside of tablets. It's science. No further questions.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Holyshit.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I thought they'd never leave the side bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I'm rewatching Good Place on Netflix and when there's around 100 seconds left the screen goes black but I still get audio. Closing and restarting gives me a second of visuals before it goes blank.

I've tried the reset button in settings, removing Netflix and restarting my iPad pro. Any ideas?