Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
The NewTrent Acradia is pretty bitching. Clam-case with attached BT keyboard. Back is protected as well. The keyboard unclips with a camera-lens clip for easy removal. Best of all its only $40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

Splinter posted:

My dad is looking for a keyboard for his iPad (v2 I believe). Any recommendations? He wants to be able to set the iPad up more like a small laptop when he has a lot of typing to do.

NewTrent Acradia. It's only ~$60 and turns the ipad into an (almost) laptop.

The case is clam-case style as well!

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Used to use screen protectors religiously, but after goon recommendations not too have ditched them from my iPhone 4/5 as well as my iPad.

The screen protectors just muddy up the sharpness of the retina display and feel like poo poo to touch.

I have the odd minor scratch here and there but nothing beyond hard to notice during normal used.

My GF on the other hand uses them on both her iPhone and iPad, but that's due to wearing fake nails as she worries about them scratching the screen.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
I've not updated my iPad 3 to OS7 as I'm jailbroken on 6.1.2 and and still more than 100% satisfied with it. I really don't see the hate for it. Even with the weaker RAM I have not experienced the tab refreshing you guys keep mentioning.

Maybe by the time the iPad 6 or whatever comes out It'l be time for an upgrade, but neither the 4 that my partner has or the 'air' have sounded/looked good enough to need to upgrade.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
I only find the smudges noticeable/annoying when watching films or shows on the iPad, otherwise for browsing its a non issue.

I use a microfiber cloth to rub the smudges off. Never use window cleaner or stuff like that as it removes the oleophobic coating on the screen.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
It's been a couple of years since I've used an iPad, as I upgraded to a 6+ when my old one broke instead of buying a new iPad.

However I just snagged a 12.9" pro off Craiglist with the keyboard for only $340. Chick said she didn't use it a whole lot. Everything is in great condition and Works fine.

Already Jailbroke it and have Kodi running on it.

Anything I may have missed out on in regards to what IPads can now do in the ~2 years I've not had one?

PS: I don't have the pencil, I think it's dumb.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

Kidney Stone posted:

My work got a load of iPad 4 (Wifi/cell), 32 GB they want to unload for very cheap (for the equivalent of $80 each).

Would that be a good buy if I'm planning to only use it for Netflix, some reading on Kindle, some light surfing and perhaps editing the occasional Word document?

Right now I'm using a ASUS Chromebook Flip for the same.

Yes, ~$80 for an iPad 4 is an awesome deal. The iPad 1, as redundant as it is today, regularly sells for $100+ on CL and eBay.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

Kilometers Davis posted:

The iPad Pro is the best computer I've ever owned.

Can firmly attest to this. Having it jail broken really ups its ability in replacing a laptop

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
I'm able to download files off of Safari, save them into whatever folder of like on the system itself. As well as attach whatever file I want to an email.

Also blocking ads system wide as well as stopping apps from using the microphone/location etc to gather advertising data.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Unfortunately there is no way to go back down from 10/11 to 9. I really dislike how Apple doesn't give you a choice with software versions.

Just really glad I kept my 6 and big pro on 9.3.3.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Yeah, I really don't understand the hate for the 12.9 and the Smart Keyboard.

Before this, I used to use the iPad 3 with a plastic clam case style keyboard, so having a bigger screen/keyboard for essentially the same weight but less bulk is amazing.

I also like the viewing angle of the smart case when the keyboard is tucked behind the iPad. Perfect for putting on background TV when I'm working.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Get the one with the frame, not just the digitiser. The extra ~$15 you'll spend will save you hours of frustration and ball ache.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
My 12.9" Smart Keyboard has been playing up for a month now and had to buy a new one. Super infuriating having 'this cable or accessory is not supported' pop up with an official apple product...

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
I bought both the iPad and keyboard 2nd hand off of Craigslist, so I have no idea when it was originally purchased. And the closest apply store is a 4 hour round trip from me.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Go with the pro.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
The 12.9 with the keyboard smart case has been a dream to use. I thought it'd be too big when I first bought it, but it's better in every way than the smaller form factor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
I'm right there with you on the cost being higher than I'd like to pay, but they're really nice keyboards. Definitely worth the high cost.