Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans

Protocol7 posted:

I'm trading my iPad off and I want to factory reset it before I give it to the other guy. I did a test reset and it asked for my Apple ID before I was able to set it up. Is there a way to get around this, or are we going to have to reset each iPad on site and activate it using our own Apple IDs and then it's tied to the new accounts?

What?

I'm not even sure what you are asking. Just have the other guy use his own Apple ID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans

withak posted:

All of the options are basically cheap poo poo off ebay, the ones that cost more than $3 are just a bigger ripoff.

I was given a Zagg one as a gift from someone, and used it for a couple of months just so their feelings wouldn't be hurt. I hated it.

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Well he does. I'm not sure where this insane badmouthing came from though - I'm sure he was a real pig when he risked his life to pull someone out of a burning car. What a pig thing to do.

Anyways, that retard aside, I think screen protectors are quite useless to myself, but people who submit their phone to things that can scratch it, it's a great idea. Most people don't complain about it not being "as retina" except for nerds like us.

And what exactly is he doing with his iPad as a police officer that requires a screen protector?

I think he was just pointing out the absurdity of what you said. Because it made no sense.

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans

Thwomp posted:

I can confirm that changing wallpapers on the iPad 3 sucks and is slow to respond.

It's the only place I've noticed any real slowness. Weird.

Same here with an iPad 3.

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans

canyonero posted:

Where are you all seeing these prices? Amazon's giving me $263 for my 3rd gen 32gb Verizon model. Are you just using eBay as a general guide?

I like to use: http://www.mac2sell.net/

It is a good general guide.

Protocol7 posted:

I have a 3rd gen 16GB in pretty good condition, plus smart cover and a full array of cases. I think I could squeeze $300 shipped out of it, and that's all I want.

I'm in the same boat, but I'd consider mine to be in flawless condition. I had a small yellow stain on my screen and it never went away after hours of using it on max brightness. So after 11 months (March 2013 for me) I took it in and swapped it. Probably a dick move, but they swapped me within 10 minutes.

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Mac2Sell is garbage and is in no way based on reality.

They are usually in the ballpark from what I've seen.

I see a lot of iPhone 4 16GB on my local Craigslist for $200-250. M2S shows them being $200. I sold one yesterday for $150 that was in pretty good shape with no accessories. It didn't have a case on it for the last 18 months and was just thrown in the wife's purse.

I listed it when I got to work Wednesday morning and met the guy on my lunch break the same day. I probably could have sold it for closer to that $200 mark as fast as it went for $150.

fordan posted:

I can't find anyplace offering even half the amount this site is saying for my iPad 2 64GB AT&T

When you say "anyplace" do you mean something like Gazelle? Because you aren't going to pull in close to what it is worth going that route. M2S shows $440, which does seem a little high. On my local CL there are a couple of 64GB Wifi models that people are asking $350 for.

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans

fordan posted:

Those were the initial places I looked, but but Craigslist around here is still about $100 under that for newer iPads (although without 3G). And the ads you see are what people are asking, not necessarily getting. Ebay auctions with bids say probably $250-$300 top, vs $205 from Gazelle and $220-$240 for Amazon.

The first one I see on eBay when I look for an ATT iPad 2 64GB is one that is going for $325 with 89 bids. So I think a CL listing for $350-400 would get you some serious offers depending on what kind of shape it is in and if you threw in any cases or accessories.

It certainly is more than what you were claiming, which is that you couldn't find anyplace offering "even half" of what M2S showed. As I said, it is a good general guide. I use it for when I want a quick price check and haven't had any serious problems with the price it shows. YMMV.

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans
That is clearly an iWatch. It is a watch band with an oval coming out of it.

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans

Aphrodite posted:

That's clearly a butt and an almond.

Well done sir.

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans

saber45 posted:

As far as i know it isn't between the screen and the digitizer so it wouldn't actually be visible to the user? I have been running the thing on full brightness and it isn't showing any sign of fading.

That teardown says:

"The LCD and glass are not fused together and can be replaced independently."

Hold it in portrait and shake it as hard as you can. This causes it to evaporate much faster. It should only take ~15-20 minutes.

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans

got dat wmd posted:

So I purchased on release a retina mini and have been reading about the colour gamut issue everywhere.

It looks fine to me

Don't worry about it then. You have a year if you do end up noticing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Having SMS conversations from my iPad is slick.

This was really slick on my iPad too until it tried to send to one of my Android contacts as an iMessage. Now it is trying to send anything I send to them as an iMessage from either iPad or iPhone.