Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It's ARC Squadron, I think. The game shown on the Mini, that is.

It's not. I'm very curious as to what game it is as well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

If you click on an upload button for any website I believe it'll prompt you to take a photo or choose an existing one. No other file options than that.

E: unless you jailbreak, then it's easy.

There are non-jailbreak browser apps that can do this, for example iCab Mobile. It doesn't work perfectly though.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
I use Week Calendar. It's got a lot of features and looks pretty good. The iPad version hasn't been updated for IOS7 yet but the iPhone version looks really good.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
Youtube is no longer able to play videos in the background when streaming to Apple TV on 8.0.2. Pressing the home button or locking my iPad pauses the video. Background app refresh is on. Is this just me or is it common?

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Don Tacorleone posted:

I believe this was a conscious decision by Google, because supposedly they're coming out with some YouTube premium service and this was one of the mentioned features. So pay up

But this is recent right? I airplayed a video just last week while browsing the web.
Oh well, third-party apps (like Jasmine) still work.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Auron posted:

Has anyone here upgraded form the original iPad Air to the Air 2? Was it worth it in your opinion?

One of my main reasons for considering upgrading is because I'm basically out of space on my 16GB air, I'm also tired of pages loading while scrolling (these forums are the main culprit).

Are most of the issues with the iPad Air ironed out with the increased RAM/CPU performance of the Air 2? Tab reloads, lovely page scrolling issues, etc.?

Just get the Awful app to view the forums!

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

So previously if you opened an iPhone only app (ie Instagram) on your iPad, it would open it in a mock-iPhone view but until this new beta, it would run it in an ancient iPhone resolution, like maybe the 5 screen size? Now it looks like it'll be using much higher resolution assets, which is great!

Is that kooky 2X button still there in the corner that you can use to make the app fill the screen? I haven't used iPhone apps on my iPad in years.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

wooger posted:

Hmm, I make it more like +£28 GBP on the cheapest model.

IPhone XS plus 64GB is the exact same price in USD (pre tax) vs GBP (post tax), 1099.

At current exchange rates and 20% VAT that makes it about £100 extra in the UK.

Base MacBook Pro 15” is $2399 pre tax, vs. £2349 GBP, so an extra £160 ish after VAT is taken into account.

We’re getting gouged for some reason that isn’t VAT.

Import tariffs

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Evis posted:

The SE was under 500 here, and the Xr is over 1000. It’s a weird budget option.

Edit: yeah, you are right.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Question Mark Mound posted:

iOS 13 is a new adventure every day.

https://streamable.com/dj59k

I'm the keyboard dramatically sliding into focus and then out again

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

stirlo posted:

If they are “pre roll” or video ones it seems like they are unavoidable, even with multiple layers of blocking. There’s shortcuts and shell scripts you can use but that’s getting a bit intense vs a 5-10s ad then Skip button...

Though if i am using YouTube to watch anything over a few seconds long I’ll use that YouTube-dl script and watch it at my own pace with PIP and all that / offline too using VLC.

Which script is that?

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

priznat posted:

I got the Vinegar & Baking Soda bundle (for other video players), I had been meaning to get a good iOS youtube player thing! The ads are out of control. Now I just need something for appletv!

Oh great, I didn't know they made a version for other video players, thanks!

Hopefully this can help me get around players that prevent playing to Apple TV.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

The Grumbles posted:

I got my 128gb pro new for about £40 more than the cost of the 2022 64gb iPad Air. There are deals about now the new announcements loom, although this one was a damaged box outlet store deal so an even deeper discount. But yes it’s worth checking eBay, outlet stores, etc. As always with Apple stuff, the Apple Store itself should be your very last port of call. Even Amazon usually does a bit of a discount.

Edit: wait never mind I didn’t see your prior post - you already own an iPad, you’re just looking to justify your purchase. I mean the colour options are cool!

Is this really a fair comparison though? You are comparing the normal cost of the iPad Air with a deeply discounted iPad Pro. The fair comparison is to also painstakingly look for a deeply discounted iPad Air and compare those prices. Maybe Pros go on sale more often? But what would the cause of that be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Ihmemies posted:

Yes, that is the problem. I guess I can run pihole in a docker container and use VPN outside home to connect to pihole.

If it doesn't clear ads from YouTube, it is possible to sideload IPA's with custom YouTube apps. A bit like android APK's.

I'll keep you guys posted! :v:

You can use vinegar to remove youtube ads. You need to use the built-in web browser (Safari) though, not the app. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/vinegar-tube-cleaner/id1591303229