Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Love house project threads. Keep the updates coming.

The wall you want to put the closet opening through is right in the middle of the house. Make sure it's not structural in any way before knocking it down, that probably requires a permit.
There is always Ikea and the like built in closets, basically floor to ceiling modular wall units, that could also be an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
How hard would it be to just move the short end of the wall over so the drywall is flat? Or maybe get a piece of moulding with a square end against the new wall and a rounded nose in the hallway then paint it to match the wooden beams. Then there's always that super thin drywall for making curves.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Why did you use clone tool on that wall with outlets?

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

dreesemonkey posted:

I could murder a kitten right now. I came back from one of my many lowes trips and was putting some stuff into the room and managed to tip the toilet tank over and the mother fucker cracked.

Of course it's 100% my fault still having the toilet unpacked somewhere it could be damaged. Poking around online the replacement tank is going to cost ~$120 which is awesome since I decided to buy a "good" toilet (I could buy a whole new cheap toilet for that much money). Not pleased. I'm consoling myself with a drink while the hate runs through me.

If you got money to burn and need more space in the bathroom, there are always in wall toilets like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Grohe-38996000-In-wall-Wall-Mounted-Toilets/dp/B00CQD7FAM

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Any particular reason to do vertical instead of horizontal setup for the drywall?