Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Civil posted:

Let me ask you this: Have you ever tossed a prostitute off a bridge?

I don't think I'd ever watch another show if Norm somehow got that job. That was perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

rawdog pozfail posted:

Lmao that joke from the second segment. You'll know the one.

You mean the only joke in that part? Not that I'm complaining.

I lost it at the "You should get married, and have a honeymoon, too", such a stupid line, but it hit really hard.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Norm ripping on a nervous Eget was the best

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

the George Washington of breadfucking
Veruca Sault?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Bloody Holly posted:

Veruca Sault?

The last of the Gen Xers are going through their mid-life crises. Garbage and No Doubt also had reunions last year for some reason.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
That looks like Dave Foley or David Spade coming up next week.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
What do you mean next week?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH8cAktQDSE

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

I gotta say I miss Norm's old ad reads. I really wanted to hear him give the Norm MacDonald treatment to that "Painfully strict nutritionists with a FUN STREAK" ad. What does that even mean.

Someone must have convinced him that it's not a great idea to make fun of your sponsors though :(

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

RightClickSaveAs posted:

I gotta say I miss Norm's old ad reads. I really wanted to hear him give the Norm MacDonald treatment to that "Painfully strict nutritionists with a FUN STREAK" ad. What does that even mean.

Someone must have convinced him that it's not a great idea to make fun of your sponsors though :(

Yeah. I was wishing the same thing and then I remembered MAN GRATES and realized this is probably for the better.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

XboxPants posted:

Yeah. I was wishing the same thing and then I remembered MAN GRATES and realized this is probably for the better.

Man Grates is the only junk I recall from his ads, so it obviously worked. Not that I'd ever order one, but at least it worked.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

AxeManiac posted:

Man Grates is the only junk I recall from his ads, so it obviously worked. Not that I'd ever order one, but at least it worked.

Don't get me wrong, I think those kinds of ads are the best as well (see: Bombcast) but sometimes the advertiser's PR people disagree. So I can see why he has to stay completely on script, give him an inch and he'll veer into "throwing prositutes off bridges" style off-the-cuff remarks.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The heavy duty cast iron grid of the Man Grate ensures that the body won't ever float to the surface.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Also I'm not really sure Norm's latest appearance is doing great service to the Dollar Shave Club.

Performula
Apr 7, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

Also I'm not really sure Norm's latest appearance is doing great service to the Dollar Shave Club.

You can tell that he's not enjoying it at all.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

gently caress I figured we weren't getting one with all the golf over the holiday weekend. It was a tiny thumbnail and it was a private video, so I was basing it on that. I wish it was Foley so they could talk Canada and because I loving hate Spade. He's such an ugly lech.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I cannot express how upset I am that I was misled about a Dave Foley appearance :smith:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I just hope they'll resolve the Kathy Griffin booking problems soon enough.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Spade was the best guest we've had since Gottfried. Had me in tears several times.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
This show is very funny

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Norm's frog joke early in the show might be my favorite thing that's happened on this current run of the podcast.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

the George Washington of breadfucking
that frog joke was great but i can't help but think it would have been better if adam did it and hosed up the punchline at the last second.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
After Norm says "So he had a skii mask on his facebook", what does Spade say right after? It's unintelligible to me

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I think it's "You know Neil Armstrong on Facebook." followed by "You know like five guys on there.", part of him ribbing on Norm for having an odd social media presence, like when he asks, "Oh, your twitter about GOLF?" when Norm mentions his twitter.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
Yeah, this was a pretty great episode overall. It seems like they are getting back into the swing of joking around with each other and giving Adam poo poo.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I'm glad the latest episode sounds like its good. I think the Sandler episode was kind of insufferable. Sandler comes off as an old out of touch dude that's been passed by but he's still trying to hang in there. Not even Norm could make him that interesting.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSwE5vuNjCU
Carl Reiner is up now

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Wow, Carl Reiner is still pretty sharp for being 92 years old.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

wa27 posted:

Wow, Carl Reiner is still pretty sharp for being 92 years old.

Yeah, gives me hope. I hate seeing Mel Brooks, he was recently on Conan and while he is still amazing, you can see time slowing him down. Such a shame

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
It's such a cheap shot, but it cracked me up when Norm just pointed with his thumb at Adam Eget and explained to Carl Reiner that he's a "filthy bum".

Vogler
Feb 6, 2009
Is that meta? *looks into camera* I hate meta

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

How Much Art posted:

It's such a cheap shot, but it cracked me up when Norm just pointed with his thumb at Adam Eget and explained to Carl Reiner that he's a "filthy bum".

I loved Adam Eget's limp attempt at a hand shake at the hand. He's the gift that keeps on giving. :allears:

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
The Mangrate is back!

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

kolby posted:

The Mangrate is back!

Thank god, I was feeling lost and confused without the Mangrate in my life. I just ordered three of them.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Another awesome episode this week. It took Fred Willard a little while to get in the swing of things, but he really delivered.

And I want more of Norm and Adam doing improv...

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
... Pistachio Power... Clusters...

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I performed in front of black audiences--African-American audiences as I like to call them..

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
1. Norm's Roseanne story

2. "He made love to me in the rear end"

3. Suckin' and fuckin'

4. The Canadian Psycho bit

Loved the whole thing, but those stood out on my first watch. Got back to "laughing so hard my stomach hurt" mode.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

In this weeks episode, Norm peer pressures Todd into getting high and then spends the entire episode making GBS threads on him for being high.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
The guy is such a sly ballbuster. There really isn't anyone like him I know in entertainment.

I mean, he is incredible. He goes on a two minute long tirade saying how much he appreciates the guest and goes really deep into the emotional core of why he likes him (''it's one thing to make people laugh, it's another to make people smile'') and then flips right back to pot jokes at the expense of the guest.

Norm is sharper than any razor you could get from the Dollar Shave Club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

kolby posted:

1. Norm's Roseanne story

2. "He made love to me in the rear end"

3. Suckin' and fuckin'

4. The Canadian Psycho bit

Loved the whole thing, but those stood out on my first watch. Got back to "laughing so hard my stomach hurt" mode.

"Who Jackie?" is such an incredible hollywood bullshit story, this dude was a paid writer on a show for two years and he didn't even know one of the main characters. It's amazing.

• Locked thread