Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
For your pleasure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3IMdOguZaU

It's two hours of the jokes segment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Odddzy posted:

Looks like Norm is lobbying for the Q radio show on Twitter. I'd be really pumped for that to happen but I'm pretty sure there aren't any chances of it really happening.

There's no way he's being serious, Q is just a hot topic on twitter he's attaching himself to.

How do I know? His brother Neil MacDonald has been a journalist at the CBC for 20+ years and carries considerable weight there. If Norm really wanted the show, he'd be going through back channels.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Odddzy posted:

yeah, I thought about that, the brother does have some pull but lobbying on his end ''publicly'' can't hurt. At worst it's gonna make him trend a bit on twitter.

I'd acutally love to see his brother get an interview show. He's smart as hell and been everywhere.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Maybe try typing Norm Macdonald tour dates into the computer and see what it spits out.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I hope he calls OJ a murderer and Michael Jackson a homosexual pedophile in the first 10 minutes.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Maybe he'll gently caress her in the rear end on stage.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

You see this for sure on his Conan spots, but Norm seems to be a real "comedian's comedian". I love his turn on the Bob Saget roast where the audience greets him with lukewarm befuddlement, but half of the dias are falling out of their chairs laughing (I think the broadcast shows Wayne Brady and Rob Schnieder actually crawling and begging for mercy)

I agree but Norm also does a real french Canadian sense of humour in english. It's hilarious how much his pacing and punch lines sound like a sarcastic french mother sometimes.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Riptor posted:

really? Interesting. Can you elaborate on this

Uhh it's hard to describe. In my experience (I grew up in french canadia) my friends moms who were french were more blunt and matter of fact about how they dealt with children, and his delivery style reminds me of them very much.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Yup, here is Norm MacDonald telling a joke. Note how NOT FUNNY he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE6QzDrT_x8

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Sintax posted:

I'm just imagining a goon watching Last Comic Standing specifically for Norm, the whole time crossing his arms with a look of smug indifference and pontificating the completely uninteresting post he will later make about how it isn't funny.

I don't have to imagine. :smug:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Jokes about 'the city that rhymes with fun' never get old but maybe that's just because I've never been there. Or I'm a dumb Canadian.

No wait, I'm definitely a dumb Canadian.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Weird that he always insists he doesn't drink much and doesn't do any drugs.

Do americans not do this? Because when I was more of a partier "I don't drink or do drugs" was a pretty common thing for wasted Canadians to say.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Ariza posted:

What's a blue card?

It's what Benson reads his alledged jokes from

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Keystoned posted:

[As Gilbert Gottfried] All I am saying is that the vile, vicious, disgusting rumor that Adam Egret raped and murdered a 13 year old girl are completely untrue and I never want to hear again about Adam Egret raping and murdering a 13 year old girl.

I'm not saying Adam Egret is a pedophile but I would never trust him alone with a small child.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Arbite posted:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/norm-macdonald-book-1.3740268

Book review from an award winning journalist who is also Norm's brother.

Look at that smug little...

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Ehhh I think Merchant is funny but you have to get british humor.

e: lmao Norm getting into a really specific story about Tim Raines doing cocaine. Like only a Quebecker would remember that poo poo and know the reference.

Reince Penis fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 15, 2016

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I thought Merchant was hilarious, but also not enough Eget bashing. Norm seemed to ramble a bit to be honest. *ducks*

e: I did like what he said about his style, one big punch line and a winding path to get there.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Incredibly low standards itt

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I'm actually the current Norm MacDonald Chair of Standup Studies at the University of Canada eh

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Pat Mustard posted:

Say what you will about Bill Cosby, but that'd never happen at one of his shows.

:laugh:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
For your content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztszNnfgwrw

e: lmao "We're all friends of Bill Cosby, nobody's ever made accusations against him"

Norm you sly dog

Reince Penis fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Apr 18, 2017

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I'm laughing out loud at being angry because someone in the audience nodded out at a live performance by a xanax addict.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I don't even deserve live recordings.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Hat Thoughts posted:

i like this thread being open because its nice 2 have a repository for Norm links even if the Podcast isnt going. Now is that worth the emotional toll that falls on me when I get my hopes up for some new Norm only to encounter a 40-post derail about the ethics of falling asleep? Hard call 4 sure

Take a chill pill man!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
. I'm going to be mature

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Nick Swardsen or whatever his name is. They have great chemistry.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Adam Egret sucks

Hey! He doesn't come down to your job and knock the holocaust denying out of your mouth!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Tonight Show appearance from last week was a good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSiFLo3apjM

Wow not only was this kind of funny but it's the first time I've seen in 2-3 years that Norm hasn't looked like he was zonked out on Xanax.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

GoldfishStew posted:

ya'll are norm'ing this up. Instead of talking about the show just leaning on dumb poo poo. Great.

When did you stop beating your real doll?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

GoldfishStew posted:

I'm not even the one who "misread this social interaction" you loving morons. Literally almost all of you are too loving stupid to follow an Internet forum. Go sleep at comedy shows you pieces of poo poo.

Sir this is a Walmart please stop touching the mannequins

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Say what you will about real dolls, but at least their eyes always stay open with that vacant shiny stare. I'll grant you that.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Law Cheetah posted:

you guys dont even, like, know how to follow an internet forum

/

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
[Norm, to his old fashioned blow up doll after meeting GoldfishStew]

....I mean the guy was a real jerk!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
So is comparing real live women to plastic dolls, but don't let that stop you.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I gave up on Norm after season 3/ his last special. Dude has rotted his brains on Xanax (I'm guessing?)

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Someone get this man on the Republican ticket!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I don't know if I could listen to a whole hour of a known holocaust denier telling his life story. Sounds boring.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Trash Trick posted:

Jordan Peterson owns. Even if you don't agree with him he's an interesting fella to listen to. Norm probably loves his ruminations on Dostoyevsky.

Really? You can understand that much? Because he always sounds like Kermit the Frog in between crying jags to me.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The Human Crouton posted:

Sorry about your life.

Lol dude if you only knew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
For real though I've known about Peterson for a while, because I live in Toronto. Dude is a failed academic turned grifter. If you take him seriously you're a rube.

• Locked thread