Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Does Todd Glass ever tell jokes or does he spend all his time monotonously dissecting other peoples' jokes like he did on Norm's podcast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Norm is a funny guy who knows a lot of funny people but everything he does outside of the podcast is terrible.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Skip My Posts posted:

Yeah. Norm's stand up is terrible. Wtf is wrong with you dude?

I meant all the extracurricular poo poo he does, obviously - his commercials, his sitcoms, all the VA work, etc.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
He doesn't care about or put effort into anything, and that's kinda my point - the podcast is perfectly suited to his temperament and work ethic and it gives him an environment where he can be genuinely funny and not oh-god-Norm's-pretending-to-act-again funny but he still managed to find a way to kill it off.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Didn't he have an embolism or a stroke or something around the time the podcast started?

RE: drug talk, the thing going around for ages is that he has issues with prescription medication (anti-anxiety meds), not recreational drugs.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I guess Norm did actually get around to writing something: http://www.harpercollins.ca/press-r...rs-in-fall-2016

quote:

CELEBRATED CANADIAN COMEDIAN NORM MACDONALD RELEASING MEMOIR, BASED ON A TRUE STORY, TO BE PUBLISHED BY HARPERCOLLINS PUBLISHERS IN FALL 2016

TORONTO – Thursday, December 17, 2015 – HarperCollins Publishers, will release the first memoir by the former Saturday Night Live Weekend Update host and stand-up comedian Norm MacDonald in Fall 2016. On publishing the book, senior editor Kate Cassaday—who acquired the novel from Joseph Veltre of The Gersh Agency—stated, "Norm's is a voice unlike any other, so it's fitting that he's written a brilliant, hilarious memoir unlike anything ever published. Canadian publishing may never be the same after Based on a True Story, and HarperCollins couldn't be prouder to be bringing this book to Norm's legion of passionate fans."

MacDonald will recount the story of his life—more or less—from growing up in rural Ottawa to a disastrous appearance on Star Search, through his many-layered career in entertainment. The trick for the reader will be deciphering which stories are real, and which are made up, by the infamous storyteller.

In a statement, MacDonald said, "I was born in Quebec City, English, where everyone was French. I was raised in rural Ontario, on a farm between Avonmore and Monkland. I ended up in New York City. But then what? I wrote this book to answer a question that has been troubling me for some time. Whatever Happened to Me?"

Norm MacDonald was recently a judge on the 2015 season of Last Comic Standing, and currently appears as Colonel Sanders in KFC ads. He is also the voice of The Hole on the new Canadian comedy show Sunnyside. He hosts the podcast Norm MacDonald Live and has appeared in Dirty Work, which he wrote, and Billy Madison, among many other films.

Based on a True Story will be published in the U.S. by Spiegel & Grau, an imprint of Penguin Random House.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

blunt posted:

Why would it go to Netflix when it only just went to Amazon Prime?

Norm said in some interview that Netflix offered him a show without having to pitch anything so people think he's either moving the podcast or doing a new show that's basically the same thing.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Norm can be a sanctimonious bore but he mostly keeps it to twitter and other venues that are easy to ignore so who gives a poo poo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

tumor looking batty posted:

Close this thread.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
ffs close this thread

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Norm seems to think the podcast is beneath him which is dumb considering it's the best thing he's ever done and he does a hundred awful projects a month anyhow.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Why'd this series go on hiatus, again?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Cancel the podcast.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Letterman/Seinfeld episodes were Norm attempting real interviews, he's just no good at it and I guess he realised that at some point because he didn't even pretend to give a gently caress in subsequent episodes.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
He does Periscope streams every so often and they're rarely coherent.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://twitter.com/LoveLampAyers/status/958540024135471105

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Norm's funny but he's never not had questionable taste in, like, anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Is it going to be funny? The last season of the podcast wasn't especially funny.

• Locked thread