Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
It makes a perfect gift for father's day, hey... is your dad still alive? No? Oh well, enter code NORM on the site there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Then they get Super Dave back on

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
He is also like 50, that poo poo happens when you show him against pictures of himself when he was 20

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
You can't really blame him, who the gently caress can eat egg whites and spinach and still be funny? It hasn't been working for Howard.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
That sounds like his Harry Caray

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Boy, these bastards take forever putting up shows and they kill the live feeds after they air.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Yeah, I just watch the videos, seeing norm is half the fun. I consider this more of a show, than a podcast.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
It was awhile back yeah, probably around the same time he had to do that terrible google movie. I can't blame him.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Best reason to watch, not just listen.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

WYA posted:

The Andy Dick one is pretty hilarious too. Actually, any time Norm tries to promote something gold. How does he get promoters though? There's no way Mangrate guys are happy with him, or the razorclub.

They should be happy, it's the only time I've ever heard of that stupid grill and I for sure as poo poo remember it now just in case anyone I know needs a giant lump of metal to sit on top of their BBQ for some god awful reason.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Gilbert is probably one of my favorite humans on the planet, but from years of having him on Stern, he works best in short bursts, like a little gift here and there.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

theradiostillsucks posted:

That's a little surprising, not because it's a great product or anything, but even as a casual listener of comedy podcasts, I know they've sponsored Bill Burr's Listen to Me Talk About Boring Sports Monday Morning Podcast (kidding, it's usually pretty good when he doesn't stay on sports forever) and Greg Proops' podcast pretty regularly, though I think they had a falling out with Proops as well, but I don't know enough about what does on behind the scenes to say for sure. They're no Stamps.com, Audible or Legalzoom, but they've been putting a lot of their marketing dollars into podcasts for a while it seems.

Oh, I'm not sure. This is the only podcast I listen to. I tried a whole bunch, and they just seem like rambling messes from neurotic people. At least Norm cracks me up.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
He's coming back tonight right? It's been awhile and I've never been more excited about a show since this one. Man alive, I hope it takes off and is worth them doing, but it looks like his numbers are not that great on youtube, hope his directTV version or whatever is doing better.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Norm always seems drunk, which is weird because he says he's never drank or I guess just doesn't drink, never heard his getting drunk story.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Seriously, if somebody is going to pay you to say something is good and you don't hate that thing, take the cash and run. Can't fault a man for making a dime

Speaking of which, you guys heard of this thing, really grate product, buy one and I get a free grill scrubber

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

How Much Art posted:

He constantly deletes stuff.

Usually in a sober rage

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Adam Egat

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I heard Adam Egat was back on the booze however.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Maybe he was hacked

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

How Much Art posted:

Yeah it's his son Dylan.

You think Norm could give him a few pointers on not crossing around your camera angles and breaking the line of sight with the viewer. Pretty funny stuff however, hope he keeps at it.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Norm owns, just shows up in loving sweat pants, reads off papers, blows off the computer, poo poo talks everyone, gives no fucks. He's so drat great. I can see why he is poison for any type of organized show.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

John Fütbol posted:

Artie Lange just posted this on Facebook:

So, it sounds like Norm is coming back, although Artie really needs to get healthy so he can do an episode.

If there is one person you can trust in this world, it's Artie!

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I'd pay good money to see Norm do a one man show of any famous Broadway play.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Terror Sweat posted:

They havent even had 2 episodes and already there are delays. No new ep until Wednesday.

Hahaha, oh Norm

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

XboxPants posted:

Yeah. I was wishing the same thing and then I remembered MAN GRATES and realized this is probably for the better.

Man Grates is the only junk I recall from his ads, so it obviously worked. Not that I'd ever order one, but at least it worked.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSwE5vuNjCU
Carl Reiner is up now

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

wa27 posted:

Wow, Carl Reiner is still pretty sharp for being 92 years old.

Yeah, gives me hope. I hate seeing Mel Brooks, he was recently on Conan and while he is still amazing, you can see time slowing him down. Such a shame

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

kolby posted:

The Mangrate is back!

Thank god, I was feeling lost and confused without the Mangrate in my life. I just ordered three of them.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

kolby posted:

1. Norm's Roseanne story

2. "He made love to me in the rear end"

3. Suckin' and fuckin'

4. The Canadian Psycho bit

Loved the whole thing, but those stood out on my first watch. Got back to "laughing so hard my stomach hurt" mode.

"Who Jackie?" is such an incredible hollywood bullshit story, this dude was a paid writer on a show for two years and he didn't even know one of the main characters. It's amazing.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Oh, I meant like "the bullshit that goes on in hollywood" where a dude can have a job for two years writing on a show without even knowing the main characters.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Irish Joe posted:

Yeah, Norm was running double duty because God knows Glass wasn't giving him anything to work with.

But you get peak Norm when things are not going well, so it all works out.

I don't like Doug Benson much either, it's all weed jokes and pothead humor that pretty much requires you to be stoned to enjoy it. He seems to be genuinely awkward, while somebody like Norm is being expertly awkward. If that makes any sense.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

RightClickSaveAs posted:

It may just be me remembering wrong, but I thought Todd's podcast used to be really funny. Something seems to have happened in the last year or so and he's gotten so up in his head/high and afraid of offending literally anyone that he just won't relax long enough to be funny and let people around him be funny. Maybe he was always like that and I'm just starting to notice it though. Also that drat "to George Carlin" safe word, what's the point of having a safe word if you use it every 5 minutes?

I couldn't get enough of Norm giving him poo poo in these two episodes. This was one of the best episodes yet.

Todd seems like one of those Artie kind of guys, interesting, fun to listen to, tons of great stories, hangs out with lots of interesting people, but not really a "funny" guy. I liked the shows with him on them, he plays well against comedians. He would be a good Adam Eget.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Fly McCool posted:

Then elucidate what Todd Glass is all about. I listened to his podcast on two separate occasions and it was rife with reverb hi-jinks and spontaneous singing. I don't think he made a single funny joke (to me, at least. I realize comedy is subjective). Admittedly, to George Carlin, I haven't seen his stand-up because I was so disgusted by his podcast.

or don't, as that's not what this thread is about. I guess I don't 'get' what there is to get.

One thing I find, is if a joke enough funny enough, you just gotta explain it enough times until people understand, then boy howdy, will they be laughing.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

fuf posted:

yeah David Koechner was the worst.

I kind of don't get why he doesn't have better guests. Wouldn't most comics love to be on a show with Norm? He must be choosing his buddies or whatever.

Adam Eget must do all the bookings

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
"So you don't understand the word favorite?" from Norm was great, he was busting this guy's balls all night.

"Sounds like an Agatha Christie novel"

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Norm already left that show, stating he was confused as to when they wanted him to show up for the next episode and just decided to stay home.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Skip My Posts posted:

He was totally serious about click. Norm is very loyal to sandler

I have a hard time believing Norm is serious about anything. But Click was one of his better movies, it was still pretty bad, but not the worst and it had a good heart, but wasn't anywhere near great for me.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Even though James Corden is a very out of left field choice, there was never a chance Norm was included in any of serious discussions past day 1. We're talking about a guy whose ESPYs monologue was so brutally funny (read: offensive) to the athletes that people still talk about it to this day. I just ordered Poking A Dead Frog today and the free kindle preview gave me this gem from Jim Downey, who was fired along with Norm:

Man, Norm is the best.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
http://sfy.co/hpMm

Norm retelling a story about his first encounter with Robin Williams, just amazing and such a perfect example of Robin told through Norm's usually cynical eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Live tweeting sporting events like a robot. Literally tweeting nothing but "Manning completes the 11 yard pass. First down, Broncos." For five hours straight.

And he swears he doesn't drink?

• Locked thread