Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Skip My Posts posted:

I thought he flaked on that

He sticks around for a few episodes usually man, give him a break.

He's actually a voice on that show? It looks funny, hope he has a big role

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
It is interesting to see people like Norm who in all rights is a celebrity, and worked with them for decades, still be amazed by it all. He tells a good story, even through the terrible medium that is twitter.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Advice posted:

I really can't see Norm enjoying himself under the restraints of network TV again. He just seems to have so much fun making homophobic Adam Eget jokes and holocaust denial jokes. Can he even work family-friendly anymore?

I enjoy doing that too, but when you need to make money...

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Gah, screw you guys. I thought all these replies meant the show was back.

Seeing Norm shill emojis for a car company trying to look hip by hiring the most unhip man on the planet is some transcendent poo poo right there. Norm owns.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

steinrokkan posted:

And I bet nobody in the target audience knows who Norm is.

It's confusing and awkward for everyone! Don Draper would be spinning in his grave.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

piratepilates posted:

Having never seen an episode of it, Last Comic Standing has to be one of the weirdest reality shows.

7 different hosts in 8 seasons, they skipped the years 2010-2014. It's given way to such comedy moguls as Dat Phan and Ralphie May, along with someone called 'Rod Man'. This last season appears to have been recorded all ahead of time and airing months after filming. Wanda Sykes is still around and producing this thing apparently. And for some reason the Canadian comedian Gerry Dee was in one season, that's the one I find weirdest.

I hate dirt cheat trash programming like this. I watched AGT for Howard, and I'll check this out for Norm, but man, those shows are buzzfeed on TV.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Hat Thoughts posted:

It was before they were relevant through those avenues

The show does not look funny but this makes noooo sense

A list of 10 things comprising an article. Rubbish. You won't believe what happens next! A third of the show is showing you what is coming up next and another third is showing you what just happened. That kind of stuff, AGT is unwatchable because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Rosanne owns, she went batshit crazy and got unfunny, but I think that happens to every comic when they go super star prime time comedy. She owned TV for awhile, that much cultural power always seems to make people nutty.

• Locked thread