Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The new mike tyson show has plenty of great Norm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

AxeManiac posted:

He's actually a voice on that show? It looks funny, hope he has a big role

Yeah he's excellent.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

NmareBfly posted:

Speaking of classic Norm, lets revist the time that Regis hosed him right in the rear end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w-jxs2KE4s

Still makes me a little mad.

Are you talking about just the fastest finger part?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

How Much Art posted:

"Who's Adam Eget... you?"
"Yeah..."
"Is that really your last name? loving change it"

Lol which ep is this from?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Odddzy posted:

wow, that's kinda sad.

Paycheck: The Movie is cool as poo poo, and I won't hear anything else

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

please

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Adam Egret will, to me, always first and foremost be the guy Norm met under a bridge jerking off punks for fifteen dollars a man.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Hat Thoughts posted:

O inside scoop on the youtube comedy video
Wait what's this ??

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Arbite posted:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/norm-macdonald-book-1.3740268

Book review from an award winning journalist who is also Norm's brother.

This is good. I'm gonna by the book now.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Eb posted:

New episode is available on Amazon here but of course not for me because I'm not a fat loving American. Allegedly the episodes will show up to YouTube in a few days though.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I didn't think Merchant was funny at all but there was lots of good norm stuff there thats for sure.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Norm was on Howard today, which I found out you can stream for a month for free with just a phone number and an email address (I used a student email and it was instant)

https://streaming.siriusxm.com/#_frmAccountLookup

Just sign up, go to Howard 100, and you can navigate to the interview on Howard's show.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The audiobook reading of his book is so good.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

rear end Catchcum posted:

The guests don't matter.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9yYMn30hMI

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

loving god dammit. poo poo.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Normies

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Good lord, it's about time.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Please- watch the Norm commercials.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Norm's coming to my town- and I'm going to four of his five shows.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I'm going to have gay sex with Norm.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

GoldfishStew posted:

Jim Carrey ep was almost unlistenable, literally. Just madness. This season has been by far the worst. This episode in particular was bizarre. Norm this entire time he has talked about wanting to do his podcast seemed to really want to have actual meaningful conversations with guests and not just typical talk show fare, yet Jim comes on and is the most willing to discuss actual real thoughts and perspectives he has and Norm kept interrupting for easy jokes and butting in his own experiences. He didnt let anything breathe at all, which was sorta how he framed this entire show concept. Really disappointed.

Watch it, instead of listening. Makes a big difference.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

It's sweet that his GF got him a real doll when she was going away for a long time.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Ppl making the same doll fucker joke 20 times in a row definitely do way nastier stuff than that guy.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

DaveKap posted:

Bit of a necro-post but I finally went to see Norm last night and figured I'd trip report for the other Norm fans on this board.

I'm deeply saddened to report that Norm's condition has only worsened since he made the latest season of Live. It was a bad sign when they booked an extra comedian for the show, shortening the length of Norm's act from the usual hour to 45 minutes. It was a worse sign when the host for the evening (typically a local comedian) had to do another 5 minutes of joke buffering before Norm came out. But once on stage with a Red Bull and his trusty "list of possible jokes I'll tell tonight" (now on 1 big sheet of paper as opposed to his usual sticky-note size [Did I mention I see Norm every year? I see him every year. I know his act]) it became apparent I wasn't going to be in for the usual night of Norm Macdonald.

I'd say about 30-40% of what Norm said came out more as a mumble than an enunciated sentence. Most of the jokes missed but the crowd, being die hard fans, laughed anyway. One person in particular would do the thing where he said the 1 or 2 words of a punchline real loud as he laughed. There was a joke about a psychotic break but at no point was there an understandable punchline to it. The deeply closest jokes came out and were better than usual but even his "I'll leave you with one more joke" bit at the end was a flop. His new material included jokes about how ghosts aren't scary but vampires are a scourge, which were good, but I can't think of any more material he did that wasn't him transitioning between 1 sentence of being present and elucidated followed by 4 sentences of flat out mumbling. Eventually, him drinking his Red Bull was a part of the act (half of Norm's charm is his delivery after all) but after a while you could tell that the Red Bull wasn't helping and he ran out a while ago. If something is wrong with Norm, it's hard to tell what it is. According to some stuff he was saying, it sounded like he's just getting old, but if you're not one to believe his insistence that he doesn't drink (which was a part of the act this night) he basically sounded like he was drunk off his rear end. Either that or high as a kite. What drugs give you mush mouth again?

As I walked out, not intent on sticking around to talk to the dead-ish grandpa who I doubted would be out for a chat anyway, staff at the club said "You lucked out. This show was his better than his previous ones" referring to the 5 other shows he had done this weekend. Ouch. I can only wonder where this is all headed. Twitter's got nothing. Google's got nothing. This is like knowing your favorite comedian is dying but everyone refuses to talk about it because it's too sad to think about. I don't know what's wrong with Norm and I don't know if we'll ever get classic Norm back without a visit to the Candy Man. I just wish I knew what to expect so I could know if going to see him live would ever be worth it again.

Edit: I just discovered he has a Reddit and there are other posts concerned like me. The typical "he's just having an off night" and "it's a running gag but he is always drunk" posts. Ah well.

huh when i saw him in Phoenix a few weeks back he was incredibly on top of his game and loving hysterical so :shrug:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Saw Gilbert Gottfried's standup act last night. Dear lord is he loving hysterical. If anyone here ever had the chance to see him, definitely do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Jordan Peterson owns. Even if you don't agree with him he's an interesting fella to listen to. Norm probably loves his ruminations on Dostoyevsky.

• Locked thread