Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
I know it's not reliable, but Norm sez this: "Yes, Podcast coming back soon. First 3 guests confirmed. Artie Lange, Ray Romano and Fred Willard. Artie's first. Questions?"

If it happens, Norm and Artie together will be so goddamn cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
It looks like Adam Egret might have gone back to jerking off punks for fifteen dollars a man....which would be too bad because I like when they'd give him terrible jokes

But oh yeah, he's in the Sarah Silverman episode shot. Maybe he's off-screen for some of the "big" ones, like with Dave.

Zoben fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jul 18, 2017

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
Norm's got a huge problem with anxiety and he takes xanax for it. He doesn't drink or do "drugs" but I think his slow and slurry cadence can be attributed to the benzos sometimes. It definitely makes you act a bit drunk.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
I miss jokes, this is probably my favorite one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0dDWJOUeIA&t=2244s

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
this thread has turned from poo poo into fuckin' poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0dDWJOUeIA

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

steinrokkan posted:

norm should get fat again because obviously he was more mentally agile back when he was the fat disgusting pig we all grew to love

or he should review his medication or something

He has tremendous anxiety and takes benzodiazepines, most notably xanax, to counter-act it. He doesn't drink or "take drugs" but if you've ever had a benzo, you'd see how they zonk you out. I think that in the interviews where his diction seems slurry or labored, he's likely had too many pills.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

GoldfishStew posted:

Norm drinks. A lot. It's sad.

Proof? Sources? Evidence?

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
Haha, I didn't know that those quotes were from a Reddit AMA that he did yesterday. Good poo poo in there.

Q: What are your favorite fruits and vegetables?

A: I guess Richard Simmons and Terri Schiavo, I'm now using Bob Hope's old writers.

Q: Hey Mr. Norm, this mystery has been keeping me up for years now...What is your favorite cereal?

A: Count Chocula. The least-respected, least-feared of all vampires.

Q: In the podcast Geoff Edgers said you take a pill for anxiety, but didn't state what causes your anxiety. Was it wrong for him to mention that?

A: Oh no. I suffered from panic attacks. Panic attacks as opposed to anxiety attacks are a feeling of impending doom. When one strikes you, you're paralyzed. One struck me directly before I had to do Weekend Update, and I understood I needed help. My doctor prescribed klonopin and advised me to take half a pill before any performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Ccs posted:

All of Norm's podcasts seem to have disappeared from youtube. Did someone mess up and delete them is or did they get licensed to some streaming service?

Edit: I'm guessing he got a Netflix show or Amazon requested he remove them from youtube. Better listen to them all on Soundcloud before they disappear from there too.

Also Norm is posting some odd stuff on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/normmacdonald/status/964456572356210689

WTF, that content better come back in some form!

His Twitter stuff is likely excerpts from whatever he's currently writing. His next project is supposedly a long-form novel that will be released under a pseudonym.

• Locked thread