Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ein
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe it's not the videopodcast people want but Norm Macdonald have been twittering a bunch of stuff lately. He's recently been ragging on Brett Easton Ellis for his comments on Alice Munroe getting a Nobel.

quote:

It is interesting to see Alice Munro, the writer's writer, criticized by @BretEastonEllis , the talentless hack's talentless hack.

quote:

I notice @BretEastonEllis describes himself as a writer in his twitter account. More of his brilliant satire.

https://twitter.com/normmacdonald

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein
Feb 27, 2002
He did a Youtube awards thing in December it seems.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A848xpsDJbw

Ein
Feb 27, 2002

Irish Joe posted:

What a goddamn trainwreck. What's the bowtie guy's name? I need to know so I never accidentally look at his stupid ugly face again.

"You guys are two funny females." - dickless rear end in a top hat in a cardigan

He's a Youtube... Channeler, I guess?

I'm absolutely certain I'll spend more time watching Ms. Divine's atrocious sketches than whatever that guy's doing on Youtube.

Ein
Feb 27, 2002

Thanks for this, I hadn't seen his sports show but it was really funny, well worth a watch.

Ein
Feb 27, 2002
Funny bit where Norm shows his rarely seen imitation skills. There's been bits and pieces from interviews where comedians and other people talk up his ability to imitate people, but I guess it doesn't fit in with his schtick so it's not something he relies on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czg_mANOZYs&t=769s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein
Feb 27, 2002

rest his guts posted:

I'd watch a reality show solely comprised of Norm being driven to various delis/AM radio shows by those under his tutelage.

Or a sitcom loosely structured around Norm's real life in which he abuses Adam Egret in between trying to get back into smoking, reading literature and writing jokes about the holocaust.

Yeah, a tv show sort of like The Trip would probably work well for him or at least be a better fit than a regular scripted sitcom.
If you haven't seen it here's the IMDB blurb about it

quote:

Steve Coogan has been asked by The Observer to tour the country's finest restaurants, but after his girlfriend backs out on him he must take his best friend and source of eternal aggravation, Rob Brydon.

The concept is a pretty loose and open ended comedy. It would be similar to his podcast but with a bit of a story and set in different locations, making it a better fit as a TV show.

• Locked thread