Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I have a feeling this will be yet another thing Norm flakes on. Geniuses tend to be unstable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
It ain't coming back... Norm's a notorious flake. :(

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Pilot Jim posted:

Somebody better break the news to Rob Schneider then, since Norm very publicly invited him to do his podcast just a few weeks ago.

I hope I'm wrong!

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Ariza posted:

Do I not understand Twitter or does Norm delete most of his stuff? It mostly only goes back a little ways, other than some weird older stuff.

He constantly deletes stuff.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Performula posted:

When else in his career did he flake on things? I'm not keen on his history.

There was a show that Sam Simon was developing for him and there was a lot of behind the scenes work being done on it, and apparently he ended up just disappearing and never showed up again so they cancelled the show. Sam tried and tried to reach him but couldn't. Supposedly it was related to gambling.

Also I believe they ended up getting Adam Carolla to do the voice of Death on Family Guy because Norm was unreliable and flakey, not showing up for recording sessions and what not. There are TV and podcast appearances he's just not shown up for too... I think I heard things about him not showing up for SNL rehearsals...

I think it was Artie Lange who told a story about how Norm planned to pull a major prank when he was hosting SNL. The plan being, once he was done his monologue (which if you look it up is not very flattering of SNL), he would immediately head to the elevators and leave the building. Apparently he decided not to at the last minute, deciding it would be career suicide, not to mention a dick move.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Terror Sweat posted:

That's not so much him being a lazy degenerate but just him getting a bit of payback.

Yeah, to be honest I just wanted to tell the story because it's awesome.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

O__O posted:

Isn't it his son???

Yeah it's his son Dylan.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Ein posted:

He did a Youtube awards thing in December it seems.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A848xpsDJbw

I finally watched this after avoiding it, simply because I didn't want to look at that loving douche in the bow-tie. I made a huge mistake. Norm is such an rear end, I love it. Just his obvious contempt for the whole thing. He's definitely the coolest motherfucker alive. I imagine it must be hard to always be the funniest person in the room x1000.

How Much Art fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Apr 11, 2014

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
It's such a cheap shot, but it cracked me up when Norm just pointed with his thumb at Adam Eget and explained to Carl Reiner that he's a "filthy bum".

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

AxeManiac posted:

"Who Jackie?" is such an incredible hollywood bullshit story, this dude was a paid writer on a show for two years and he didn't even know one of the main characters. It's amazing.

I remember hearing some story about a writer for the Simpsons pitching something for Bart and referring to him as "Doug".

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Is Roseanne's mic off or something? She's really low

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I'm only 25 minutes in and it's a a great episode.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Is there a twitter account that just retweets Norm's non-sports related tweets? I'm thinking of starting an account to do that.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
"Norm MacDonald Live is taking a short summer hiatus."
Boooooooooooo

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I really hope he finishes that books he's been working on for awhile. I imagine he'll burn the final draft or something because well, Norm.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Norm is going to be a judge on next season's Last Comic Standing. Never thought I'd watch that show, but I have to now.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

steinrokkan posted:

Is adam egret a contestant?

No, he will replace Norm when he inevitably doesn't show up for taping.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Looks like Norm is doing a live feed of the Masters on Sunday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GiPL9cC8A0

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Your guess is as good as mine. I watched a few minutes of it live, Norm looked disheveled and miserable. I decided I would skim through it later, and now it's disappeared.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Riptor posted:

who Jackie

"So Roseanne's sister is washing her big fat rear end in the sink..."

I desperately wish I knew who that comic was.

How Much Art fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 6, 2015

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Thanks I'll check that out!

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Wow, that's amazing... I even got choked up when he was on about a month ago and he got this huge reaction from the audience.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
"Who's Adam Eget... you?"
"Yeah..."
"Is that really your last name? loving change it"

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

theradiostillsucks posted:

Anyone else catch Norm's quasi-breakdown on Twitter a day or two ago? He seems to have deleted it but it was a long rant about getting outside, not doing drugs, just kind of this rant about lucidity you'd expect from an addict who's seen the light. Ended with a bit about quitting technology for a week, but with baseball on, obviously that didn't last. Might have been drunk Norm or trolling Norm, but it sounded like headed-to-rehab Norm.

poo poo, I hate when I miss these. I find I'm always just sifting through golf commentary nowadays. I wish someone would do a twitter account called "NormMinusSports" that just copies and tweets all his non-sports related stuff.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

toggle posted:

He did look a bit worn out on the podcast a few times.

I was genuinely concerned when I watched the last golf-cast thing, he was super late and when he showed up he looked like such a loving mess. He wasn't making any jokes, he was really serious; kind of a different person. They never put it up after it aired, which doesn't surprise me.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Pat Mustard posted:

Sounds like he's got a disease. Fortunately it's the best one.

You know, a gambling addiction is the only addiction where you can win a bunch of money!

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
"Hold on let me whisper it to you..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Hat Thoughts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HveoDZDP86M
This channel's worth subscribing to, it's a guy who recorded a bunch of Norm stuff on VHS & is uploading it now.

This is loving great, I can't believe this was out in the ether and I'm only seeing it now.

edit: Just a side note, I had a new found respect for Larry King when he laughed really hard at Norm's "Guinness Book of loving Retards" joke on the podcast.

• Locked thread