Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

AxeManiac posted:

They should be happy, it's the only time I've ever heard of that stupid grill and I for sure as poo poo remember it now just in case anyone I know needs a giant lump of metal to sit on top of their BBQ for some god awful reason.

That's a little surprising, not because it's a great product or anything, but even as a casual listener of comedy podcasts, I know they've sponsored Bill Burr's Listen to Me Talk About Boring Sports Monday Morning Podcast (kidding, it's usually pretty good when he doesn't stay on sports forever) and Greg Proops' podcast pretty regularly, though I think they had a falling out with Proops as well, but I don't know enough about what does on behind the scenes to say for sure. They're no Stamps.com, Audible or Legalzoom, but they've been putting a lot of their marketing dollars into podcasts for a while it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

"100% cast eye-rin."

Didn't Larry King scold him on that pronunciation?

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

How long before KFC gets the Mangrate treatment? Or will Norm's obvious faith in the product (Pepsi products aside) keep things from heading in the direction of everyone's favorite cast eye-rin grilling grate?

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

Gilbert godfried

Seconded. Few have the tenacity to put everything into a joke like Gilbert, and I think the man remembers most of the dialogue from every movie he's ever seen.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

Anyone else catch Norm's quasi-breakdown on Twitter a day or two ago? He seems to have deleted it but it was a long rant about getting outside, not doing drugs, just kind of this rant about lucidity you'd expect from an addict who's seen the light. Ended with a bit about quitting technology for a week, but with baseball on, obviously that didn't last. Might have been drunk Norm or trolling Norm, but it sounded like headed-to-rehab Norm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

Advice posted:

Yeah you actually would be hard pressed to find a bigger Norm fan than me and even I don't follow him because it's all sports stuff, maybe a good story every two weeks but like 95% golf or football commentary that I don't understand at all.

Same, but I follow relatively few people that it's easy to scroll past things I'm sure the announcers have already clued viewers into anyway.

There was even a Tom Arnold response tweet in there about rehab and offering Norm a hug, but mostly offended stoners decrying Norm for lumping their 'medicine' in with drugs. Maybe it blew over.

• Locked thread