Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

I had been hoping for Mags to take Blake as a familiar. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

HiHo ChiRho posted:

God DAMNIT ROSE

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Fellwenner posted:

Well that seemed a bit too easy.

I agree. Something seems fishy.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Velius posted:

I'm not sure it makes sense for him to immediately start his next story. Pact ended up being a badly plotted mess in spite of starting with an interesting premise and character, probably because Wildbow was forced to make it all up as he went.

Worm was better on most levels but suffered badly from author fatigue and a rushed ending. He should take some time writing up some background material before leaping headlong into another year of writing of dubious quality.

I thought the roughness was due to real life taking a serious toll on him. His mom in the hospital, his brothers wedding, his moving... I'd totally trust 'bow to immediately move on to greener pastures.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, I also really enjoyed Pact. I just wonder did you miss the same general trend of panic spiral in Pact? I mean, Blake and Rose start running in the first arc and there isn't downtime again until the epilogue as I recall. I loved Worm for its setting, and Pact had hilarious dialogue (also less use of the word copacetic) and a manageable reading time, as you said.

Twig so far though is a real gem, there's no character in the main cast that I'm not interested in learning about, especially Helen.

Edit: Pact's epilogue, a bit delayed: https://pactwebserial.wordpress.com/2015/03/07/epilogue/

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

NinjaDebugger posted:

Also, second post on a new topic, has anybody started reading https://pricestory.wordpress.com/ ?

I took a look and I'm a fan. It's kind of relaxing after being used to Wildbow's high intensity stuff.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Saros posted:

Soo was this the Dukes punishment for system or just a experimental failure?

I took it to be option A)

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Yyyyyup. On the brighter side, I wanna see how Lillian does with that plan.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Twig nooooo, I don't want to lose another lamb, I like these three!

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Nettle Soup posted:

Twig is good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

I think it's just because everyone agrees Pact wasn't overly good, and because everyone agrees Twig is. Worm is the weird inbetween.

Also because Sylvester is an unrepentant self-declared manipulative poo poo.

• Locked thread