Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
What do people use when you have a team of 2 or 3 people working on the same project to not step on each others toes while editing files?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
Gonna watch this:

https://www.lynda.com/Git-tutorials...oducttypeid%3a2

Thanks everybody.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Lumpy posted:

I found this helpful too when I switched over to git:

https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/what-is-version-control ( <- intro to the whole concept of Source Control and what git is)

https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/setting-up-a-repository ( <- jump to the "I know what git is, just tell me how to use it!)

Nice, I was already planning on JIRA service desk for trouble tickets and knowledge base, so it looks like Ill just load up with atlassian.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

This website does fuckin everything.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

The Fool posted:

The likelihood of SA being still around today if they had kept btb and hpj is basically 0.

Back in ~2008 under one of my old usernames I had access to one of the goon private trackers but I didnt use it for a few years and got banned on SA and now I've long forgotten what it was and who gave me access.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Murrah posted:

Kind of a dumb question but basically:

I have only been exposed to Python in a data science context, where it was used with some libraries in a Jupyter notebook.

Ive never really seen it in action for web development for back end stuff.

I know there is this wide vast internet out there but if someone maybe had a suggestion or link to a resource or simple example of it running an app or otherwise I would appreciate it.

I have this same question and I'll give an example.

I can make a python application take some inputs do stuff and output a pretty graph.

I want to take a set of inputs as text and images through my website pass it through my python application and spit out this graph to the user. How?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

PT6A posted:

Look into Flask, it basically takes care of all the web-specific overhead without doing too much other stuff on its own. All you'll need to do is figure out how the information is passed in through Flask, and then instead of saving the result as a file (or, you can save a temporary file on the server), you'll use a Flask response to return the graph as image data to the client. Apart from the input and output steps, and making sure Flask is set up properly, your application should work exactly the same as it currently does.

Would this be the same if my web framework of choice is django?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
I have a pivot table in excel that has grouped rows and columns. I'd like to share this pivot table on my website, including the groupings, without making the data behind the pivot table publicly available.

Any suggestions? I'd pay a small fee to do it if it was easy.

EDIT: I should add that it must be interactive. Theres a lot of groups so having them all expanded would be annoying.

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 9, 2018

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Lumpy posted:

I know you want interactive, but you *can* export HTML from excel, so you can make it viewable easily. As for the interactivity, that should be pretty easy as well especially if it's just opening / closing groups.

I have relatively little design talent, I'm hoping there something out there I can use made by someone who does to make the data pop. I tried moving over to google sheets hoping their publish option would allow me to do this but alas it appears it doesn't. Very easy to publish with sheets.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
Why have another domain to store images/content? Like SiteX.com loads its images, videos, etc. from SiteXcdn.com or something like that.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Jabor posted:

If you're running a complicated website, your application servers are kind of expensive, with lots of cpu and memory and stuff. Static content like images and videos doesn't need any of that - it's just pulling bytes off a disk and shoving them down the pipe. So it's often a good idea to farm that work off to a bunch of cheaper servers that exist just to service those requests for static content.

You could do this in your load balancer, where you direct requests for static content to a separate set of servers. But then your load balancer still has to handle all that traffic, which can be pretty substantial. By serving your static content from a different domain, you can use DNS to have users connect directly to your static content servers to get that static content, taking that traffic away from your application server stack entirely. You can even farm it out to a CDN that focuses entirely on serving that sort of content at minimal cost, has replicas close to where the user is to minimize latency, etc.

Where can I read more about how to set this up?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

darthbob88 posted:

End goal, sure, but right now this is just a transitional thing, dipping our metaphorical toe in the water. I have no intention of getting stuck with this setup. As soon as it's bigger than I can easily handle, I'm taking it all professional and spending actual money on it, but not until then.

I run a doesn't-make-money-yet startup and use Weebly. I have definitely out grown it a year or so later but drat if it didnt get me on the web for a very reasonable price in 24 hours and accepting credit card payments (stripe) and Paypal in 48. You have to REALLY value your time at nothing if you think that rolling your own for a very basic ecommerce site is the cheaper option. And that includes time you could spend doing other, more productive things.

Weebly sounds perfect for your cookie idea, will be up and running in 8 hours, and when they sign up with stripe, which is integrated, they'll get a free credit card reader in the mail so it works to accept IRL money too. They will also be able to maintain it instead of you.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
I have a problem that should be like hilariously easy but IDK how to do it. I drew a picture to give an idea. If you can think of a fast way to solve the problem below, let me know.

I need to copy snippets of text and enter them into a table

I'd like to be able to do something faster than highlight text->Ctrl+C->Click Ctrl+V in excel.

A really fast way to do this would be like: Highlight + keyboard shortcut so thats what i drew.

Problem I want to solve with this:
Theres a website that I need to save data from very quickly, but which is really effective at preventing that data from being scraped by selenium or the commercial tools. I am thus going to get that data manually. I also need to save some images/pdfs from these pages but that can already be done quickly.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
Whats the easiest way to dynamically generate pages based on a template from a flat database of info? For example I have 200,000 rows X 60 columns of data on flowers in different regions and want to up my SEO for my flower-sales website by generating thousands of pages about flowers in different cities and states. (e.g. a page about Flower A in Florida, Flower B in Florida, etc.) I feel like there's probably already a pretty good solution for this, but I couldn't find a mostly all-in-one solution.

For background, I'm okay at python and not very useful at anything else, but I'll learn whatever to get it done.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
I'm building my first django app and know dick about front end design and frameworks. I'm kinda lost in the back and forth between materialize, bootstrap 4, whatever else. Any suggestion for a good primer on how to choose a framework? My goal is a clean set it and forget it theme. I'd like to pick a theme and get on with getting my app deployed.

The app will be generating statistics pages based on two variables in a URL: like my.site/Variable1/Variable2. For example my.site/USA/Dog-Statistics/ would be interactive graphs and tables with stats about dogs in the USA generated from a database about animals and countries.

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 02:31 on May 29, 2019

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Skyarb posted:

I have a friend who is trying to use one of the site builder apps (squarespace/wordpress/etc) to make a site where you can purchase a membership which will then give you access to a members only page that will have content for the various different paying users.

What is the best site builder for this these days? Squarespace seems limited in this regard. Wordpress + elementor seems decent but also I don't have fond memories of wordpress myself...

Not Weebly. Haven't tried the others but the answer is not Weebly.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Empress Brosephine posted:

I’m a YouTube mechanic of a web dev, my main site is a WordPress hosted on Kinsta but I wrote a really useful web app for my site using Flask and Python...but obviously I can’t load the app on the website as Kinsta doesn’t use Python. I’m wondering what my best option would be now, moving my WordPress to a service like DigitalOcean which I think can run Python or something else? I’m not necessarily worried about the app being a direct link on the site but more of it just having my domain on it instead of its hosting on puthonanywheres. Sorry if this is a convoluted question.

If you want to have some site hotsed on domain.com/ and a web app on domain.com/app/ the answer I usually see is a reverse proxy. I've never set one up.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Grump posted:

You could alternative host the app as a subdomain. I.e app.site.com which miiiiight cause less headaches depending on what you’re trying to do

I would definitely recommend self hosting and use nginx to set up 2 server blocks - 1 for your app and one for the site

From what I've read you generally sacrifice SEO for this which is anathema to most companies.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

LifeLynx posted:

I'm getting a few requests to add live chat features to sites lately. What's the preferred solution for that?

I user intercom and like it. Its trivial to add. Copy paste a bit of html.

For the client they have iOS and Android apps so you can actually do live support.

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jun 15, 2019

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

MarcusSA posted:

I'm really not sure if this is the right thread for it but I'm not exactly sure where to ask.

Where does someone go to find someone that will do some light web work? For reference my dad as an online store that he uses for his business and the guy he pays right now is kinda a mess and really not helpful at all. Pretty sure its a word press store and my dad wants to make some changes and is willing to pay but the guy either doesn't have time or blows him off.

The other issue is for some reason my dad is paying for his dude to host the site which is kinda another huge PITA.

Is there a thread on here to throw people work? I really trust ya'll vs some rando on the internet.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread I'm just not sure where to go with it.

I've used fiverr a lot for logo and python work. Been very consistently happy, but I'm always willing to hire the more experienced people and pay a little more as hiring Nigerian and Pakistani dudes is LOL cheap compared me doing it myself when I'm already busy.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

RobertKerans posted:

Followed the links in one of the comments and this is quite good http://www.waterfall2006.com/, particularly the register now link

As someone who once held the title "Systems Engineer", this is a truly wonderful click, particularly the register now. God bless. Sent to all my former defense colleagues.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

NotWearingPants posted:

I'd say start a GitHub account, then do a bunch of tutorials with examples and commit everything so they have a bunch of stuff online. I'd recommend starting with HTML, then CSS, then JavaScript, then React. They want to have a strong base in the first three and show that they've at least dabbled in the fourth.

Start looking for entry level jobs asap. They will most likely learn more and learn it more quickly at a job (and get paid too). Having a couple standard "todo list" example type apps up on GitHub that he took from the tutorials may put him a bit ahead of other applicants with no real experience.

Do this. I just hired someone to do python coding as an engineering intern that is basically exactly this.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
The ADA is kinda a pet peeve of mine mostly because inaction on the part of the DoJ has made it impossible for someone to be verifiably compliant and some scumbag lawyers are having a field day with that. I would be 100% on board with requiring it as part of the ADA if it could be tested.

The Dave posted:

Companies have had time to be compliant, and they're scumbags if they fight it.

The Merkinman posted:

Compliant to what? Section 508? WCAG? A, AA, AAA?

This. Most lawsuits cite the WCAG 2.0 but how do you even test that you're compliant? The automated tests are pretty overbroad. Do you have someone sit with a screenreader for every version of the site? How does a small restaurant afford that? Would it even matter if you did?

The Dave posted:

Everywhere I've worked has flown with WCAG AA being good enough for their needs.

That's great but nearly meaningless under the law, particularly for preventing lawsuits. The complaints ADA plaintiffs attorneys write are sloppy as gently caress and they do basically no research.

Munkeymon posted:

Oh, is that required to sue under the ADA or something?

Its required that the place be a public accommodation as defined by the ADA. The first question on this page does a good job of describing what that is: https://www.eeoc.gov/facts/adaqa2.html

A decent laymans rule of thumb is: Can I go to it for some service without an appointment? E.g. I can pay a bill at a dentists office without an appointment, so it's probably a place of public accommodation under the ADA.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
Apologies, as I mentioned this is my pet peeve.

Thermopyle posted:

That's not how I read his post at all.

It's more like, "now we can be sued for not complying with something that we have no way of knowing if we're complying with".

The Dave posted:

I'll agree it would be nice if there was a standard and an expectation but there's also a big corporation ignoring all of them when they should have a responsibility.

That is just some really scummy logic of "it takes effort and time so why do it?". If you don't have the means to produce an accessible website then you don't have the means to have a custom website and should be using a website building service that offloads that burden.

Literally every week I see tiny hotels which are part of a chain like Best Value Inns, owned by some random dude in a small town get sued because the corporation's booking website "isn't ADA compliant." (Which, as we've established, is basically impossible to verify.) The compliance issue at the heart of the lawsuit? The dude would have to pick up the phone to verify that they have ADA accessible rooms. They do have them. They just cant book that specific room through the corporate website. Keep in mind the person they're suing HAS ZERO loving CONTROL OF THE WEBSITE THEY'RE BEING SUED ABOUT. IT IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM TO REMEDY IT BECAUSE ITS MAINTAINED BY THEIR PARENT CORP. THE ATTORNEY SUES EACH LOCATION RATHER THAN THE PARENT CORP.

Munkeymon posted:

Yeah, but I, being a layman who grew up with internet access, would just assume any website I can access a "public accommodation" so the physical location requirement is surprising. Does this mean Ally that, IIRC, is an online-only bank with no branch locations, is immune from the ADA? I assume we can't know until some similar business is sued and fights it.

Yep this is a great point. What's the answer under the law?

EVEN THE loving BAR ASSOCIATION CANT CONCLUSIVELY ANSWER THAT.

quote:

The circuit courts are divided over whether a website can be a place of public accommodation. “There’s a split amongst some of the circuits as to whether or not, if you solely reside on the Internet, if you’re covered by Title III or if you really have to have a brick-and-mortar location in addition to a website,” explains David Gevertz, Atlanta, GA, cochair of the ABA Section of Litigation’s Labor and Employment Committee.
Source: https://www.americanbar.org/groups/...ubject-the-ada/

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
This will be my last post on the derail. It is impossible to comply with ADA website laws enough to avoid a lawsuit. Here is an ADA case about website reservations against a hotel. The hotel DOES NOT HAVE A WEBSITE.

Yes, the website lawsuit is against a business that doesn't have a website.

For real.

HappyHippo posted:

The suggestion was that franchise owners who don't control the website sue the brand owner through class action.

Actual excerpt from an ADA website case:

quote:

This website is located at [sic] These website are located atbooking.com, hotels.com, orbitz.com, priceline.com and expedia.com.
[...]
Specifically, booking.com had no option to book an accessible room;hotel amenities, room types and amenities are all listed in detail; no information was given about accessibility in the hotel other than the statement "facilities for disabled guests". Hotels.com had no option to book an accessible room; hotel amenities, room types and amenities are all listed in detail; no information was given about accessibility in the hotel. Expedia.com had no option to book an accessible room;hotel amenities, room types and amenities are all listed in detail; no information was given about accessibility in the hotel. Orbitz.com had no option to book an accessible room;

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 13, 2019

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

PT6A posted:

No, they're literally talking about "a screen with several links on it." I've tried doing this before and it's absolutely been rejected as a waste of space.

I can try, but it's just so much work for no loving point, and whether or not I make money, I just feel depressed about doing work that has no point to it. It does not spark joy. Perhaps I need to raise my hourly rate.

Also: why do they want this? What problem do they believe it will solve for them or their users?

This seems like an ideal use case for Glide: (build apps from a Google Sheet)
https://www.glideapps.com/

It become basically no work at that point.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

kedo posted:

I'm looking to automate the process of pushing/pulling database updates to and from my local dev environment/public web server, preferably (but not necessarily) using SSH. I'm using MySQL in both places and am generally looking to do the following:

1. Dump a specific database on local/server (depending on which direction)
2. Find/replace all instances of http://localhost:port with http://webserver.address in that dump
3. Import the database on the local/server (depending on which direction)

It looks like I could accomplish steps 1 and 3 with a fairly simple command, but I'm not sure how step 2 would work. Any advice, or suggested reading, or tools to look into? I'm not picky about how this is accomplished as long as I can either type in a quick terminal command, or click a button and have the whole process run without me needing to do everything by hand each time.

Its not the answer to what you asked but would having a production RDS database and a local development database satisfy your use case? If so I did this for my first Django site: https://realpython.com/deploying-a-django-app-to-aws-elastic-beanstalk/

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Opulent Ceremony posted:

Just got the notice from Google that Chrome Apps are being shut down (in 2022), so looking for alternative platforms for our kiosk media-streaming app is going to be ramping up. We are currently looking at the Amazon Fire Stick.

If I continue to use a hosted app where we rely on the functionality of the built-in browser to the stick, we are dependent on Amazon modifying that browser (I think a version of chromium) in the future. Does anyone know if Amazon issues automatic updates for the hosted app browser on the sticks? We've had plenty of problems with Google auto-updating our Chrome devices to new Chrome OS/browser versions that would break some of our app's functionality until we bought their enterprise licenses that allowed us to pin devices to a Chrome OS version, and I'm hoping we don't have a similar problem here.

No idea but the Fire TV Stick I had (this version) was truly the worst media streaming device I've ever used or could imagine. A 2016 Chinese Smart TV would likely suck less, even if it was stealing my data.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

kedo posted:

Does anyone know how/if WCAG contrast requirements apply to text that's not screen-readable within a SVG? My use case is a logo – the text in the SVG is all paths and fills and as such is not screen readable (it has alt text provided), but logo text doesn't meet contrast requirements with its background color.

For what purpose are the requirements being imposed? If the goal is to make it screen readable and it's not you answered your question. If the goal is to avoid ADA litigation, a best effort at the WCAG is no guarantee.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Biowarfare posted:

Profile your requests? Question to your app: Why is something taking more than 30 seconds to return a page?

When I made baby's first Heroku app it was a Flask app that would run some NLP. I learned I had to use Redis because of Heroku's 30s function timeout.
https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/request-timeout

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Dominoes posted:

I added this to settings.py:

And still don't get logs or emails. Did I type something wrong?

You checked spam yea?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Grimes posted:

I'm going to a hackathon and I'm in charge of the front-end and I'm not really that experienced :downs:. Any suggestions for a front-end stack that will help get a thrown-together project up and running as fast as possible?

If you happen to be coding in python for the rest of the project, plotly’s Dash +Dash Bootstrap Components is excellent at getting a pretty thing up and running right away.

E.g. It’s prob the absolute fastest way to get a locally running ML model to show an output based on an input taken from the web app.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
There’s an API I want to connect to using python. It requires oAuth 2 and thus supplying a redirect uri. I know nothing about this all the other APIs I use just use keys or secrets.

I just wanna get this stupid thing going and don’t want to spend a few hours reading docs. How can I get a redirect uri to supply it?

EDIT:This worked https://github.com/reddit-archive/reddit/wiki/oauth2-python-example

Had to set flask to accept adhoc HTTPS

Is that hilariously insecure for getting data from this API to be used on my local machine?

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 12, 2020

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Jabor posted:

If this is just something for personal use you could use the cut-and-paste flow (where after the user signs in and approves the request, they manually copy the oauth token into your app).

Yes this is how I prototyped. If I end up talking to this API a lot I’ll figure out the right way to do things.

Anything wrong with an adhoc SSL connection for talking to it locally and not sharing with others?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

GenJoe posted:

Does anyone know if there are services or libraries that can vend logos or other relevant assets for common companies? Ideally I want to be able to convert a string into a logo, or something or other, in order to display a user's financial account information with UI that's a little more personalized.

I'm wondering if the best thing to do here is to manually add assets for a limited subset of institutions, and then fall back to a generic logo for institutions that we don't have any assets for.

I don't have one and did no checking but if you already have a list of strings and theres less than ~1000 of them, just first up selenium and run a bunch of google images searches for "{company_name} logo" and take the first result, checking them manually based on file name.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

PawParole posted:

I want to create a website that functions like patreon for subscription boxes . What would be the best tools to do that?

Almost any drag and drop website builder designed for ecommerce should be able to accomplish this if you include apps for that builder. Shopify comes to mind. If they can't, a paypal link added to it can.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Violator posted:

I'm trying to figure out the best way to backup my mysql databases. Previously I would create a dedicated backup account on the server, setup a cron job to do a dump every four hours, and then manually login in every so often to download some as a local copy. But I want to automate the whole thing so that the backups are copied to an external service like AWS or Dropbox without me being involved. I see some options like:

https://simplebackups.io

which look nice and simple. $29 a month feels a little pricey for achieving that last step of getting the backups to an external server, but I would just charge the clients so I don't mind too much.

Is there a better/more well regarded/simpler solution that I haven't found yet? I can work on the command line, but I prefer a dead simple UI so I don't gently caress something up.

minato posted:

Isn't this as simple as setting up an AWS S3 bucket, making an IAM account/role that can upload to it, and then adding
code:
aws s3 cp "${my_new_backup_file}" s3://mah-bucket/
to the end of your cronjob script?

I do this for my deep learning images. Works good. I have code in it that I version control and then I keep data sets in S3 that end up on my work computer, home computer and a SageMaker instance. When i make changes I just run:
aws s3 sync <local dir> <s3://bucket>

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

toadoftoadhall posted:

Is there a package (whatever language) to drop a web UI in front of an API?

I have an API to configure an application. I want a less technical user to be able to do it, so I'd like some simple GUI.

I only code in Python so I really like Dash. Havent tested it but this should get you going. You'd simply deploy this to Heroku following these instructions:https://dash.plotly.com/deployment

Dash Bootstrap docs are here:
https://dash-bootstrap-components.opensource.faculty.ai/docs/quickstart/
code:
import dash
import dash_bootstrap_components as dbc
import dash_html_components as html
from dash.dependencies import Input, Output
import requests

app = dash.Dash(external_stylesheets=[dbc.themes.COSMO])

email_input = html.Div(
    [
        dbc.FormGroup(
            [
                dbc.Label("Email"),
                dbc.Input(id="email-input", type="email", value=""),
                dbc.FormText("We only accept gmail..."),
                dbc.FormFeedback(
                    "That looks like a gmail address :-)", valid=True
                ),
                dbc.FormFeedback(
                    "Sorry, we only accept gmail for some reason...",
                    valid=False,
                ),
            ]
        )
    ]
)

app.layout = [dbc.Container(
    dbc.Alert("Hello Bootstrap!", color="success"),
    className="p-5",
),
html.Div(email_input)]

# --- Callbacks --- #
@app.callback(
    [Output("email-input", "valid"), Output("email-input", "invalid")],
    [Input("email-input", "value")],
)
def check_validity(text):
    if text:
        is_gmail = text.endswith("@gmail.com")
        # YOUR API REQUEST
        url="http://example.com/api"
        headers = {"header1":"header_value"}
        response = requests.post(url, headers)
        return is_gmail, not is_gmail
    return False, False

if __name__ == "__main__":
    app.run_server()

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Apr 30, 2020

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Sereri posted:

Please don't leave the commented out html in your code. Just keep a copy of the original file and copy it from there if you need it. Also look into setting up a version control (realistically git) before starting work.

This this this.

Don’t leave commented out code. GitHub is free and integrates with everything. Make a basic version of the site and the commit/push your changes daily. You will thank yourself later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

mobby_6kl posted:

code:
{
  "kind": "youtube#channelListResponse",
  "etag": "IIxM6plFqSV58yMrdja4JdlJ6cw",
  "pageInfo": {
    "totalResults": 1,
    "resultsPerPage": 1
  },
  "items": [
    {
      "kind": "youtube#channel",
      "etag": "l9taiSqH8VhDemQcHgLP7cyUvpg",
      "id": "UC5NWqHqR2MvVdOLXD911wZg",
      "statistics": {
        "viewCount": "58",
        "commentCount": "0",
        "subscriberCount": "0",
        "hiddenSubscriberCount": false,
        "videoCount": "1"
      }
    }
  ]
}
:thunk:
I get the abbreviated results even if I don't use my channel id. But looks like it might be possible to get more precise numbers from the analytics API but it requires OAuth

If you don’t have a way to get the state and code You can run a little flask server to do that.