Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Alastair Reynolds is probably my favorite sci fi author. Any recommendations that can scratch a similar itch? I've read everything except the blue remembered earth series so far and loved all of it (including Revenger)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

FuzzySlippers posted:

I dunno if it's the normal price, but I was browsing for something new and noticed The Fifth Season was $3 on kindle so I grabbed it. I'm about 1/3rd through and I'm really digging it. It's got an absolutely fascinating world but it doesn't overshadow the novel's other elements (like say Yoon Ha Lee's books). I vaguely recall someone on here recommending and thanks whomever it was.

Great series! Skip the sex scenes.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
So Amazon calls Gideon #1 best seller in Lesbian Romance. I'm looking at the right book right?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Ah well now it shows as #1 LGBT science fiction. I will buy this lesbian LGBT sci fi romance book.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I just finished Children of Time. Had some slow parts. But overall I enjoyed the book.
Spoilers below:

I was super stressed out at the end thinking the spiders would win. Despite all the world/character building in the novel, I was not infected with the virus and was getting the heebie jeebies visualizing the ship fighting.