Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Crazy tits and all aside, I just hope the game is fun, even if it breaks down into four player deathmatches over who gets to keep the loot. I wanna grab the D&D fighter on Steam when it goes up too, even though I will suck completely at it. I can blast thru golden axe no problem but that D&D game is a totally different animal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Pretty sure it was an image of a playing card esque design that had the sorceress on the top and a stereotypical old witch on the bottom, so some people theorized that the sorceress was really a wrinkled old crone that made herself look pretty via -magic- or something. I'd look up the image but :effort:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Based off what I saw for Dragon's Crown it's not so much eating as it is feasting.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Alteisen posted:

Here's another one of those comics.

Fighter used Attract!

Third panel: It's super effective!
Fourth panel: Maybe a little bit too effective...

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Life Points are like lives, when you run out of HP you lose a life and continue on with full health. At the start of most adventures you will have 2, and by using prayer at the temple or getting a lot of points you can get bonus lives.

Run out of lives and it's game over (or you can pay money to continue).

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
AI partners can be pretty helpful to powerlevel through maps you might not be prepared for, but there are times where they are useful (beating up trash mobs) and times where they are not useful (2 sorceresses that hopped in to help you with the Gazer).

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Schubalts posted:

I would like to say "gently caress the minotaur". Its short little jumps can damage you, and it can knock you down and then play hopscotch on your face.

I recoiled from the image of grilled minotaur tongue in the artbook, but I will gladly feed that bastard its own tongue, now, after fighting it.

The minotaur was the first boss to actually be a rather difficult challenge IMO. Though it still doesn't hold a candle to trying to fight the Gazer as a Sorc with two sorc AIs as backup :v:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I just tap the runes and then select one from under my character. Didn't know there was another way to do it.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

CousinKevin posted:

I haven't really had any problems with bosses or anything in the game, then I got to the stupid pirates and genie in the ghost ship and had to use like 5 continues. Fight wasn't really fun like the others, more just a giant cluster gently caress.

Also, "Doom Beetle" is probably the stupidest name for a boss and I love it

It's really surprising to me that people would have trouble with that boss, then again I'm a dwarf and I just grab and throw everybody so that just becomes a clusterfuck of bodies flying everywhere.

Having seen what the gazer can do though, I can totally see some bosses just being ridiculously hard with certain characters.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Comrade Flynn posted:

Is it possible to protect the village girls from the vampires?

I've had runs where I picked up three of the captives and ended the fight with three captives, so I presume so. I don't think it really does very much for you though, I've also sped through the ruins rescuing none of the girls and didn't really notice anything different (I think I even grabbed two S rank items that run).

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Going in with a party of 2 or even solo makes quite a few bosses a hell of a lot easier. Trying to take down the water cave's B boss with a full party of AIs was pretty much impossible but fighting it with a single amazon AI that was actually helping out made its HP deplete like crazy.

Lock all your slots at the inn and maybe choose a powerful partner to help out and go nuts.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Dwarf has a awkward divebomb jump and I haven't tried air dodging, but when playing as a dwarf the goal is generally less about flying around in the air everywhere and more about grabbing things and making them fly around everywhere. The main reason I jump as a dwarf is to send a dude I just grabbed careening into the ground across the screen.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I looove the teleporting wizard guys because Dwarf grabs and tosses and they are dead, next. Probably my least favorite are... well, anything you can't grab, I guess. Though the jumping fishes in the river are pretty drat annoying to try to knock away.

e: The flying demon things are really annoying when they have altars that summon then endlessly but it is really funny to just grab them and toss them five miles away while they're trying to ambush you on the flying carpet.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
If you spend lots of time going through all the rooms it can take you several hours to go through the story until you unlock online, but if you blaze through only fighting what you have to you can generally make it through in a couple of hours, maybe?

e: If I recall right raising max MP by two ticks on the sorceress let me use an extra jumping fire/ice/whatever ball before needing to recharge, which might be well worth it depending on how often you need to be spamming attacks.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 10, 2013

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Corn Nuts posted:

You mention side-rooms, but are there also side quests before you unlock co-op? If you rush it, can you go back and finish the side quests with your co-op buddies?

Yes and yes. Though, quite a few quests are a real bother to do co-op, and some others require you to go solo. Keep note that you can only have around five or six quests active at any time though, as you complete sidequests you'll also unlock more of them. I leveled my dwarf up to 26 or so and then went around doing a bunch of sidequests, you can even quit halfway in after you find someone's lost doll or kill that last owlbear and just head back to town to turn in the quest for the rewards.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I find that if I dodge just as an enemy swings (as a Dwarf) I get a brief flash around my character and a 0 damage popup. I guess if you are really good you might be able to do a whole chain of sweet dodges but honestly if you are playing coop you have to be really paying attention to not get lost in a sea of numbers.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Lunethex posted:

I also want to point out that the Ancient Dragon flies out to the distance and fires glowing shots at you. You can hit these and reflect it right back to deal out good damage. I found this by accident, so put it to use!

More importantly this keeps the shots from hitting the walls, so they don't crumble as quickly.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Those spear lizard things use the same whirlwind spear attack that I've seen the troglodytes from the D&D arcade games use, and it's just as annoying here as it was there.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I've had some luck attaching USB controllers to my PS3. I had a super old USB pad that worked as a fighting game controller, and the PS2 -> USB converter I have works absolutely fine with no hassles, which is great because I sometimes nick the L2/R2 on the standard PS3 pad when I don't mean to.

There is a setting to use the d-pad for movement instead of the analog stick BUT you will lose out on things like rune magic and possibly more importantly certain item/spell uses.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of the D&D arcade game it's on sale on Steam for the weekend, $8.99 so line up those quarters.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
What was worse was getting reminded to find the entry to the forbidden blah blah after getting rocked by the dragon over and over, very annoying thank you.

The best part was that stumbing into the forbidden land was like the very first thing I did accidentally before the whole problem even came up at all. My first game over as dwarf :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

I knew I had seen her before. Matrimelee character.

• Locked thread