Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Fred is on posted:

It's last season's PvP item, and it's pretty neat. It can apply Generalized too, so keep that in mind as you'll likely be seeing more pop up.

And it's another reason Scrapper Omega Sentinel (who exploits shields) is just sick right now. Against any team running the spear, a fast Plasma Torch - Plasma Blast results in one dead hero, the survivors on fire, and your whole team strengthened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Diabetic posted:

Is there an actual good defense team at this point? I figure the only way to get above gold in PVP now is defense since there's now a giant wall.

You aren't kidding about that wall, the change since last season seems unreal. I'm getting +100 on defense overnight, and I don't even HAVE a defensive team. On the other hand, getting the daily 5 has suddenly become an unbearable grind.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Opopanax posted:

The problem lies with them matching you up by level and not your rating. My attack and defence are both around 72k, and one round I'll fight someone over 100k and get my rear end handed to me, then next I'll fight someone in the 40k range and one shot everybody. The matchmaking needs work

Sefer posted:

Meanwhile, I've only had one defensive fight the entire season. Something is definitely weird.

VextheGrey posted:

Yeah, something about the matchmaking is bonkers. I wake up every morning now to a steady increase due to low point wins (and a huge increase if there are no losses), and just now during my attack I got someone 500 points lower than I am, for a whopping 2 point win.

Wachter posted:

The secret to defense is to realize that you will never win at defense and hopefully stop giving a poo poo.

Are we all playing different games? For the last three days I've had a crazy amount of defensive wins (and judging from the points per match, against much weaker opponents), but 8 times out of 10 on offense, I'm facing teams rated 250-500 points higher than me and getting completely clowned.

Mary Annette fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 24, 2013

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Wachter posted:

It's entirely possible. Are you on Facebook or Playdom?

Facebook. And I've just gone 1-for-15 on offense today. :(

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Looks like the new patch might have come with some pretty nasty side effects. People are reporting that many attacks affected by the tip window changes are now glitched. I haven't gotten a stun off Widowmaker or a quick action off Power of the Principalities all day.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Just had Wolverine's "doesn't die when killed" ability trigger against me 4 loving turns in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Logged in with 20 minutes to go and just barely squeaked into Vibranium. Still don't have a single e-iso besides the one they straight up give you out of pity.

• Locked thread