Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

wow caber. you got to see a grown man almost cry on my couch due to a stuttering football match and a team playing terribly. :<

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

My old apartment complex in Beijing which I lived in for 3 years had a full sized indoor heated olympic swimming pool, 2 tennis courts, 2 basketball courts, 1 soccer field, and a full clubhouse with karaoke rooms, racquetball courts pool tables, ping pong tables, and other poo poo all for under 5k a month.

Dunno where you guys were looking.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Big Alf posted:

Where is this?

The seasons in wangjing. Prices were going up when I left china so it might be around 5.5k now.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Big Alf posted:

Looks like a 70sqm 1bed is about 6.5k now.

How did you manage to survive in Wangjing? I really can't stand the place, though I'm not exactly sure why.

The Seasons is not actually that far from where I am, but it's still too far from April Gourmet. Oh and it's in Wangjing.

They want 6.5, but no one is taking it. My landlandy said she wanted 6.5, but the agent said that average was around 5.5k when I left.

I actually liked living there. It had nice facilities, was right next to line 13/15, and only 3 KM to line 10. There's an open air market right next to it, and there used to be a nice BHG that closed because the property company of that mall was terrible. Also, the tiles on the wall only fell off once, and I had central air.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

My old school hired a black person accidentally, and then sent her to Henan.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

If she is applying for a green card bring the confirmation of green card application in. That's what I needed for my wife to get a 1 year temp id.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Cats are real easy to bring back if you are American. I brought the two I rescued back on the plane with me, and there is no quarantine or anything.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

TheBuilder posted:

My wife puts little slivers of 3m bandage tape on her eyelids to give them the double eye lid effect. I don't get it.

My wife does that too. I try to tell her that I can see the tape and that doesn't make her look prettier, but then :effort:

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Grand Fromage posted:

A lot of my Korean friends still pass around maps online showing most of Japan as uninhabitable radioactive wasteland and I had a couple who wouldn't hang out with me IRL for a couple months after I went there on vacation so there was time for the radiation I absorbed to go away and not endanger them.

Japan is literally Fallout to a good portion of Koreans.

Water Chips prevent fan death. It is known.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

My wife did a k1. Feel free to pick my brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Woodsy Owl posted:

Were you both present in China as the time of filing? Where did you end up sending the I129F and initial evidence? Did you sent it to the USCIS or to the Consulate? Also, how did you pay for the filing?

Yes, but I filed while visiting home. My lawyer, who was excellent, did a large portion of the work, and that was all handled in the US. If I recall correctly, there is no Direct Consular Filing for K1. It should go straight to USCIS, and payment was made to them as well.

When I had to make payment for the visa interview, that was done at ICBC.