Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kenner116
May 15, 2009

Magna Kaser posted:

I've heard this from multiple (gay) Chinese people. A few said they left Shanghai/Beijing cause Chengdu is a chiller place for that sort of thing.

Where is the gayest area of Chengdu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kenner116
May 15, 2009

fart simpson posted:

Wherever you are, lol!

That's right.

kenner116
May 15, 2009

simplefish posted:

Where do you go for xinjiang food?

I heard of a good place in western China.

kenner116
May 15, 2009

Warbird posted:

I saw one kid take a dump in a ditch outside of a fishing village near Qingdao, does that count?

Did you buy beer in a bag?

kenner116
May 15, 2009
You could poop in the bag afterward. Very convenient.

kenner116
May 15, 2009

Warbird posted:

I saw cans of said beer sold in the supermarket in a bag. The fiance's parents live super close to the beer festival grounds, so we'll make a trip out in the next summer or two to get the real experience.

Here is a preview of Qingdao beer culture.

kenner116
May 15, 2009

fart simpson posted:

I'm sorry for being rude to you, kenner116. I didn't really mean it.

kenner116
May 15, 2009

Anonymous John posted:

Thanks for replying! I had forgotten that Hua Shan is near Xi'an, though I'm a bit intimidated. We went up the cable car on Mutianyu Great Wall last fall and I developed a fear of heights there, can't imagine what this mountain would be like.

Hua Shan is a cool mountain and you should climb it.

kenner116
May 15, 2009
Just lay your own line when you cross the border from Hong Kong.

kenner116
May 15, 2009
Gender identity during the Cultural Revolution sounds like an interesting subject actually.

kenner116
May 15, 2009
The entire Cotai strip is pretty terrible. Coloane is cool though.

kenner116
May 15, 2009

Grand Fromage posted:

This is my current issue, there are jobs but they all pay less than what I'm getting now and I'm already just barely scraping by. My solution for this year was staying in China but interacting with it as little as I possibly can, I don't think I can handle it much longer though.

Come to Taiwan. It's surprisingly easy to get a work visa here after arriving visa-free. Salaries aren't great but living expenses are probably similar to Chengdu and you get to live in a decent and open society.

kenner116
May 15, 2009
Yunnan is the best province and is cool and good. You should go.

kenner116
May 15, 2009
I would go to Shenzhen just for the Xinjiang food.

kenner116
May 15, 2009
Some would say it's Henan's finest city. The Paris or London of Henan.

kenner116
May 15, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

So where are our HK goons at? I know there are at least a couple but they seem to be hiding somewhere. I'm in town until the 3rd.

Goons will be hiding in different spots around HK and will jump out and spook you when least expected.

kenner116
May 15, 2009

MrNemo posted:

We're planning to stay near Central, probably an Airbnb although not sure if it will be Kow Loon or Hong Kong. As long as we're near a subway it's not too crucial I think.

Glad to hear you'll be eating fresh.

kenner116
May 15, 2009

Jeoh posted:

pay everything in 1 jiao coins

kenner116
May 15, 2009
More like Kowlgoon Walled City am I right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kenner116
May 15, 2009