Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
Hello China goons, can't believe I'll be a China goon too pretty soon. I'll be in Shenzhen by this Friday. Is there any other China goon based in Shenzhen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

ally_1986 posted:

I'm in Shenzhen. Pretty sure someone asked me ages ago, so sorry for not responding to that person. Where you staying and what ya doing here?

Sorry for the late reply. Was a bit hectic settling in. I live at 皇崗/houng gaun (sp?) area. Working at a trading company selling paper (yeah...)

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

caberham posted:

Yo I couldn't pm you, are you up for mega goon meet bbq? You can just take the huang gang bus to hong kong sheung wan district

Sorry, got a bunch of stuff to take care of first, including getting poo poo face drunk everyday with my boss (I am really bad at this drinking business..)

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
Seems like a non-issue to me to be honest. You can just tell the waiter to debone your fish after it's served. He or she might be confused at first, but if you insist they'll get someone knoweldgable enough to come to your table and do it (usually the manager).

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
Oh yeah, sorry for not responding more promptly, wifi connection was a bit unstable when I was walking around the mall. Thank you and other HK goons' hospitality.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
My contract with my current ISP is about to expire and I am thinking about switching since their service in the past few months has been rapidly worsening (especially with regards to VPN). What ISP do you guys recommend? China Telecom? Or is all the ISP equally :china:'d?

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
Ah, ok, so I am not the only one having VPN problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Qubee posted:

As someone who does not drink at all, is Chinese barbeque marinated in alcohol or something? Because twice now I've eaten it during my stay, and twice it has mildly affected me.

It reminds me of when I'd make bolognese, the red wine in the sauce would be enough to get me just the slightest bit tipsy.

Probably, it's pretty common to have alcohol in a marinate.