Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pyr0maniac
Apr 23, 2004
$3 wh0re
I've got to get a new 6 month F visa for study (Mandarin at a government owned university) as I am doing another semester of study.

I see that the rules have now changed, but the changes have not been fully implemented. I would like to get another 6 months visa for study, anyway.What do I need to do for that now? I'll probably apply this month or sometime next month, but it needs to be sorted out by September.

If I need to leave the mainland I think that I can always apply in Hong Kong, as I have a Hong Kong ID. But I'm not sure if I should try to ask the school to supply the required documents ASAP or if at this point it makes no difference as the changes have already been implemented.

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyr0maniac
Apr 23, 2004
$3 wh0re

Trammel posted:

F Visa's were business visas. No study or work allowed. Practically, last year, you could obtain a year long, no stay limit, multi-entry F Visa in Hong Kong, without any real supporting documentation.

From what I read online now, if the visa was issued outside of China, it can be renewed for an equal period. But the visa's obtained in Hong Kong were typically issued inside China (Zhubei).

Business (F) Visa is issued to any foreigner who wishes to enter China to conduct business related activities including but not limited to setting up of business entities, technological or cultural exchanges, short-term advance studies or internship for a period of no more than six months.

Eg, a semester in a Chinese university = F visa.

Separately, the new law blog with the new visa info is awesome.

pyr0maniac
Apr 23, 2004
$3 wh0re
I'm still a little confused about the visa stuff.When I came here I just got a F visa for 6 months study, no need a resident permit or medical check up etc. (under 6 months study F visa)

I'll hopefully leave mainland China next week or so and am going overseas to my home county and a few other places.

The school suggested I change to an X visa in the mainland thereby allowing me to stay in China for a year..but I will need to wait here and extend the visa get medical check ups etc, seems like a bit of a pain. I'll definitely do that if I 100% have to, but not really keen on 2 chest xrays and blood tests etc if not necessary. [Especially since I'm leaving anyway.. then returning to study a separate course]

Since I'm leaving anyway, can I just get a new F visa the same as when I first got here? I have heard that the new regulations come into play SEP 1. That way I can leave now, skip chest xrays, save the medical costs, and it's a lot less hassle.

I'd be applying before September for sure.

Edit: I have all the forms to apply for an F visa again JW202 and invitation letter blah blah.

pyr0maniac fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Aug 7, 2013