Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Do you tip the doctor after a circumcision?

We were thinking of doing it at our wedding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Suspicious Lump posted:

"Outsourcing and voice recognition literally stole my business and my income dropped from $4,000-5,000"

What was her business I wonder.

Transcription would be my guess.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Hey guys, I found a new subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dropship/comments/63mv9a/do_not_use_dropshipping_for_ebay/

DO NOT USE DROPSHIPPING FOR EBAY!!!!!!!! (self.dropship)
Unless you have an online store that specifies extremely long shipping times which of course will lose you customers one way or another if you are upfront or not DO NOT BELIEVE THE DROPSHIP HYPE!! I just got loving cornholed by my "Genius" Idea to list a bunch of aliexpress products on ebay thinking. My first gently caress UP was that I kept the item location as my address and not loving CHINA where the actual Item was. My second gently caress UP was that My behavior on aliexpress set off a red flag because I tried to use 2 different credit cards which put my account under review and this led to even longer shipping time. Long loving story short, after thinking I was the drop ship WIZARD and after making a whopping $150 profit on 50 Sales. I bought a loving nice bag of kush and was celebrating my small business victory only to realize which is actually pretty loving obvious now that I think about it that this was the worst and probably one of the dumbest loving things I ever did. What happens when you get 50 orders from EBAY. Well here is how it goes, 50 people order 50 different items from you, This equals about $1000 in gross income, thats before ebay fees, paypal fees and however much it costs you to buy it from the dropshipper. Now you, One by one Buy the items. and whatever you are left over with is yours right? nope, about 13% of that goes to ebay. Which is normal but its something I wanted to point out. Now, you have 50 Items on the way to your soon to be hostile customers. But Since I was not Upfront about where the poo poo was coming from, everyone was expecting the products in a few days. So what happens next? The first customer complains and opens a case, Ebay puts a hold on the funds in your paypal for the full loving amount of that product say $50, Now another case is open and they put a hold on $25 and this continues until your paypal is in the negative. AND THEY TAKE THAT FROM YOUR BANK ACCOUNT!!! So yes, and if thats not the worst part EBAY will refund the people and the items are still in transit, good luck getting that poo poo back. I just paid for a fat bitches Electric Cock Zapping Sex Toy in Kentucky and Im am not making any of that UP. Shes probably zapping dicks all day on my dollar. This is bullshit, and she is one of 49 more people. So at the end of it all, not only is that loving $150 gone, I will probably end up paying for all this poo poo out of pocket and Its my girlfriends paypal account so gently caress MY LIFE gently caress US ALL TO HELL. MORAL OF THIS DICK SHOCKING STORY IS I learned a pretty valuable lesson and I hope if this finds you before you make the mistake I did, Well gently caress YOU YOU LUCKY BASTARD. gently caress YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Ashcans posted:

I am pretty sure I got my apartment because we had a new baby and my landlord had just become a grandfather.

I got my appartement by walking into the rental office with an offer letter from a local company and my check book.

Where the gently caress do you people live?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The fact that Whole Food stays in business is a perfect illustration of why Econ 101 doesn't apply in the real world.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

BarbarianElephant posted:

On the plus side, Edible Arrangements does smoothies for much less than $10.

Can they make them bag-shaped though?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Renegret posted:

woah why didn't anybody mention it's got :siren: wifi :siren:

I'm sold

Not only that, it will not work if it's not connected.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

BloodBag posted:

Didn't the Cyprus government do something like this? Loot savings accounts to pay for the government?

I guess anything over 100,000 euros was taken at a rate of 47.5%

Sure, 100,000 euros is a lot of money, but if I'd worked my whole life to scrape that together only to have it's hair trimmed like that, I'd be pretty pissed.

Cyprus was an offshore banking hotspot. Those weren't the retirement accounts of hard working coal miners.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

I'm not a millionaire just yet but I prepared well by having my parents pay for my education so I wouldn't have to carry student debt.

Of course this wouldn't have been possible if I hadn't been born in a place where education is stupid cheap, so you gotta prepare for that too, ideally by convincing the generation before the one before yours to vote in social programs.

Lobbying matters, people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

John Smith posted:

I learn because I seek learning, and work on self-improvement diligently. Making the right choice at almost each and every turn.

Funny how not everybody grows up to be that way.

• Locked thread